Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parasite warframe

Helios1414

I've been thinking about it a lot since nidus came out and even a little before then but I've always wanted a parasite based war frame. I know we already have nidus but he's based more on the infestation itself, I was hoping for a warframe that could actually enter and hide within a enemy host while it heals itself or enter a ally to heal them, also been wanting a ability that would allow you to literally stick on a wall as long as you want and walk around on it, kind of like a spider, probably a energy draining toggle ability but who knows, I'm just writing stuff down.

I have a few ideas of possible abilities for the warframe,

passive, bullet jumping leaves a small egg that attaches itself to the first enemy that comes in contact with it draining 10% of its max health over 5 seconds, wont damage enemies lower than 30% max health.

1st. Host. hiding inside an enemy/ ally, it would drain an enemies heath but it wont kill them completely leaving at least 20% of its max health, as parasites like to keep their host alive while hosting, using on an ally will heal the ally while inside, wont be able to control the host but they will walk around as if they never saw you, can transfer from host to host. while inside a host lasers and cameras cant detect you.

2nd. Adapt. I was thinking something like the sentinel adaptive ability but it wouldn't be as effective as theirs. probably just gain resistance to the first type of damage you get hit by,

3rd. Migrate. a movement enhancement allowing you wo walk on wall and ceilings and such, you would be immune to the cold proc but are more likely to be knocked down by explosives.

4th. Reproduce. would be one for CC I was thinking something with similar effects to when you use Inaros' 4th ability maybe spawning parasite eggs on a groups of enemies or something like that, any enemy affected will give a random power up to whoever kills it.

thinking the name could be Filarial based on   filarial nematodes, a parasite that travels by mosquitoes and enters a host.

Open to suggestions for anything really, I'm just brain storming. also don't have any art programs so sadly no art, for stats since its a stealth/ survival type warframe based on insects I would say average shields and heath with slightly more armor and more energy, for general appearance. as the name Filarial it would suggest a female build and as a insect theme it would be slightly shorter than most warframes.

Edited by Helios1414
organization

15 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

A parasite theme could be interesting.

Nidus really isn't close at all. He has one ability (somewhat incorrectly) called parasitic link, but he has no parasite theme.

Well, except for the maggots, and the fact that he can infect other players.

I do like OP's ideas though, maybe an rounded bug/parasite theme.

5 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Well, except for the maggots, and the fact that he can infect other players.

I do like OP's ideas though, maybe an rounded bug/parasite theme.

Maggots aren't parasitic by default, and linking with players is mutalistic, not parasitic.

But this is semantics. We don't have a proper parasite theme yet, and it could be interesting. Prototype comes to mind.

i like that typhus warframe however I feel like his abilities are only parasitic and the warframe itself isn't a parasite, still it'd be pretty cool if they put him in, I'm just wanting more warframes that can toy around with the enemies other than outright killing them.

1 hour ago, HoldXtoRevive said:

I fail to see how Typhus is not a parasite when he has all the traits of a parasite, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck then its going to be safe to say its a duck.

yeah, I guess you cant be wrong about that lol, I guess I see it as more of a infestead based parasite instead of the insect based parasite I was looking for

Edited by Helios1414

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked into Typhus quite a bit and I really like its ideas but I cant help but feel that his abilities would feel like infested abilities, I've also seen some great similarities between typhus and nidus, like the passive and typhus 3rd to nidus 2nd however they would have changed a few things as DE probably would, I do know the Typhus idea was posted a great while before nidus though. Still love the idea for Typhus' 4th though, would be really fun to play around with.

Edited by Helios1414