Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recoil on certain weapons

chris219219

So, as you know, some weapons kick a LOT. For instance, the lex (prime), latrons, pandero, etc. But this isn't natural, at least the WAY they kick isn't. For the pistols that kick, DON'T HAVE THE WHOLE SCREEN MOVE so much. I get it, it's for the illusion that your vision is slightly disturbed by the weapon's kick. But looking at some games like Heroes and Generals, they accomplish this by having the GUN move up mostly, not the entire screen. Also, some weapons such as the latron shouldn't have that much vertical recoil, it should kick back instead and get a little horizontal recoil. It should be comparable, if not even more controllable, to, say, the soma or the stradavar. Just my thoughts, post down below. I think these weapons need a bit of a recoil rework, they aren't too enjoyable and they're nauseating.

Also, Oberon isn't as bad as you guys make him seem. Don't specialize his build, use rage vitality and steel fiber, and spam his 4th and 3rd (and 2nd if procs are a thing).

I disagree. From my past shooter games experience, the current method is actually much easier to deal with (but less realistic). The thing you're suggesting is like the Resident Evil 6 shooting mechanics. Search it up. It's unwieldy and awkward.

If you have any experience with recoil heavy games, the current recoil mechanics are easy to control with proper mouse handling.

Also, suggesting what should and shouldn't be the recoil of specific weapons is rather pointless. DE most likely has a specific vision for every weapon it releases, so it's all part of their intent.

I like how recoil goes now.  And hey,  its freaking RECOIL.  Do you expect it to give you pleasure and comfort?

I like Pandero and Decurions especially because they kick so hard.  And that actually affects precision, making it even more interesting to aim and time shots.

Also, if you are so much troubled, use existing recoil mods.  If you think that its not worth a slot...then ask for exilus slots for weapons or better utility mods?

There are many other ways to solve your problem.

Kainosh: well, it's nauseating to watch the whole screen bump up, so I guess I'll have to use recoil reducing mods. And yes, a lot of weapons in the games I play have a very pleasurable recoil.

Rogal_Sina: I do play recoil-heavy games, and I'm used to adjusting for recoil (planetside 2, line of sight). These games don't have semi-auto weapons with a ridiculous amount of recoil, and some of it is in the form of the gun tipping up instead of your whole body moving up. Warframe gives you the feeling that your suit is so strong it's able to not budge the arms when you fire the gun, but your body moves instead and so does your "eyes". I guess latron can be that one Czech gun I forgot the name of that kicks harder than Chuck Norris.

14 hours ago, chris219219 said:

So, as you know, some weapons kick a LOT. For instance, the lex (prime), latrons, pandero, etc. But this isn't natural, at least the WAY they kick isn't. For the pistols that kick, DON'T HAVE THE WHOLE SCREEN MOVE so much. I get it, it's for the illusion that your vision is slightly disturbed by the weapon's kick. But looking at some games like Heroes and Generals, they accomplish this by having the GUN move up mostly, not the entire screen. Also, some weapons such as the latron shouldn't have that much vertical recoil, it should kick back instead and get a little horizontal recoil. It should be comparable, if not even more controllable, to, say, the soma or the stradavar. Just my thoughts, post down below. I think these weapons need a bit of a recoil rework, they aren't too enjoyable and they're nauseating.

Also, Oberon isn't as bad as you guys make him seem. Don't specialize his build, use rage vitality and steel fiber, and spam his 4th and 3rd (and 2nd if procs are a thing).

I agree with everything up to the Oberon bit. He'll be good after his rework. I agree though, with those pistols in particular, accuracy is everything, and the amount of kick literally gave me a headache during one survival and I had to extract. (Lex P)

19 hours ago, Rorgal_Sina said:

I disagree. From my past shooter games experience, the current method is actually much easier to deal with (but less realistic). The thing you're suggesting is like the Resident Evil 6 shooting mechanics. Search it up. It's unwieldy and awkward.

If you have any experience with recoil heavy games, the current recoil mechanics are easy to control with proper mouse handling.

Also, suggesting what should and shouldn't be the recoil of specific weapons is rather pointless. DE most likely has a specific vision for every weapon it releases, so it's all part of their intent.

I don't think you quite understand how much this game makes the screen move for zero reasons.

Just enter a mission and stand there. The screen wiggles around. Now zoom with a weapon. The wiggling stops.

Just because your brain is not as sensitive to these things does not mean it's not a problem. If the only point of recoil is to make it harder to shoot there is better ways then making us deal with 30 different types of screen shake and say "learn to manage each of them with proper mouse handling".

If you fire full auto for too long, the spread could increase. shotguns could show a circle that becomes tighter the longer you wait between shots, etc etc.

Making my screen jerk, when my monitor and the rest of my room stays perfectly still causes my brain to say "hey, there is a disconnection there" and then headaches.

DSpite, I agree with you on the screen shake being a bit overwhelming. I stopped using the lex almost right after I got it, it didn't feel right that the gun wasn't moving up but my whole entire freaking body was. Some weapons don't have the excuse of being light and having a large amount of recoil though, like the latron series should feel more like a long rifle with more backwards and horizontal recoil like the soma rather than a pistol firing a 20mm round. Ok, that would hurt, but you know what I mean. I once commented on a YT video that I thought these weapons didn't feel right, and this is the reason. I really want to like the latron prime, but even with stabilizer I also need to up the fire rate for it to feel like a true medium-power semi-auto. But I want to up the fire rate anyways, and the recoil is so bad it makes me MISS every other shot. This doesn't happen with the Warden in Planetside 2, mind you.

I'd rather they ditched recoil and just implemented a blooming spread to weapons with "recoil."  Less headache inducing.  And have that spread represented by the cross-hairs.  About time they got an overhaul anyway. 

Besides in most cases where recoil is apparent, it's for precision weapons and they already have enough other issues to make them sub-standard to automatic weapons without recoil making them even worse.