The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe End Game?

TurboKitten

If they can come up with a PvE game mode that supplies us with endless amounts of fun, I'm all for it. But what could/would/should it be? That's where I'm stuck in terms of PvE.

It doesn't have to be game modes, it can be small things that can make a huge difference, I know how some people have complained about artificial difficulty with higher numbers, so improving enemy AI can change how defense is handled, instead of just spamming snow globe and bastille, the corpus may send a few grunts to distract the tenno while placing railgun moas to take them all down at once. New infested enemy can cling to the ground, making it immune to bastille, so players have to watch out for them, maybe some infested that can throw other infested at the players or at the pod, so players may have to watch out for those. It could even be possible that they might make an extended endless defense where you can purchase extra layers of defense like turrets, laser traps, supply drops, and such. I hope we get some unique bosses only shown in defense to force defense players to slightly switch their defense tactic, could add a bit of a mix too!

Edited by DesuEx

Expanding the PvE. Was it really that hard to figure out?

Edit: Also, warframe moves up the Raptr most played game every month.. I don't know what the numbers look like, so I won't pretend that I do, but according to Raptr more people play it all the time...

The problem is that PvE can become boring fairly quickly. Scripted enemies only go so far.

I also have a question for you, how would the balance work in your beloved PvP?

The Mod Card system, allowing for the implementation of PvE and PvP-specific mods, with separate variables for weapon damage for Player to Player.

But PvP means Player versus Player, that covers a large area beyond simply killing and respawning in an arena.

It doesn't have to be game modes, it can be small things that can make a huge difference, I know how some people have complained about artificial difficulty with higher numbers, so improving enemy AI can change how defense is handled, instead of just spamming snow globe and bastille, the corpus may send a few grunts to distract the tenno while placing railgun moas to take them all down at once. New infested enemy can cling to the ground, making it immune to bastille, so players have to watch out for them, maybe some infested that can throw other infested at the players or at the pod, so players may have to watch out for those. It could even be possible that they might make an extended endless defense where you can purchase extra layers of defense like turrets, laser traps, supply drops, and such. I hope we get some unique bosses only shown in defense to force defense players to slightly switch their defense tactic, could add a bit of a mix too!

im 100% with that defence idea.really nice one i imagine a fuking ancient trowing a runner into your face lol that was funny

im 100% with that defence idea.really nice one i imagine a fuking ancient trowing a runner into your face lol that was funny

Hah, I was thinking more of an infested that throws another bloat or fat infested that blows up similar to a runner, except it sorta obscures your vision with puke for a while, idea influenced by L4D and Killing Floor. Although if frames had passive bonuses, and let's say banshee can see by sound, she would be immune to the puke's blinding effects. Oh, my Warframe passive bonuses suggestions are here if you want to vouch: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/75678-warframe-passive-bonuses/

Edited by DesuEx

Hah, I was thinking more of an infested that throws another bloat or fat infested that blows up similar to a runner, except it sorta obscures your vision with puke for a while, idea influenced by L4D and Killing Floor. Although if frames had passive bonuses, and let's say banshee can see by sound, she would be immune to the puke's blinding effects. Oh, my Warframe passive bonuses suggestions are here if you want to vouch: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/75678-warframe-passive-bonuses/

wow really nice +1! vauban is mi main so work on his pasive... :)

Have fun killing easy bots all day while I sit over here and play as Sub-Zero in MKKE on PC with real competition. If I get bored of that competition I'll open up Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on PC and have fun with multiplayer on that. I dunno, I have so many more options (multiplayer PC games) that I can't even bring myself to play Warframe anymore. Bashing bots all day isn't my cup of tea. I'm hoping they add more cooperative modes or some sort of competitive multiplayer modes. I still keep in check on the forums in the hope that things will change in the right direction... sadly though, they haven't yet.

starcraft, thats when i take S#&$ seriously in a game. even then i dont cheese. why its not fun and its a waste of time.

everyone complaining about things being boring doesn't have the attention span to play video games.  its just a bunch of people who aren't capable of entertaining themselves complaining about how their standards are too high for game developers.

erm I think it's an issue with people not understanding what PVE is.

PVE is about content, BUT more than that, it about how players use that content! You can think about it as bot bashing 24/7 or you can use different weapons and frames to decimate your foes and very creative ways.

Not the creative type? You can stick to your multi-forma end game gear and push your own limits. Solo defense missions, master the tiles and ninja wall running so you can show your team mates that even though there's a ramp or an elevator there, you don't have to use it.

Most of all PVE is awesome when you play with people. No matter how much content a game has, if you have no one to play with it'll die. This is why most of the games now are online; because the best source of content is the human mind.

Most of all PVE is awesome when you play with people.

I can't wait until I can join a mission where I don't have to slide my butt across the ground to keep up so I don't get left behind to kill all of the enemies that everyone ignores.

No matter how much content a game has, if you have no one to play with it'll die. This is why most of the games now are online; because the best source of content is the human mind.

This applies to PvP as well.

I can't wait until I can join a mission where I don't have to slide my butt across the ground to keep up so I don't get left behind to kill all of the enemies that everyone ignores.

This applies to PvP as well.

That is sad. You should find friends and play with them. Or join a clan. Seriously. Heaven forbid that you are talking about your friends/clan mates.

And PVP is not something that will happen in this game... maybe not soon.

That is sad. You should find friends and play with them. Or join a clan. Seriously. Heaven forbid that you are talking about your friends/clan mates.

I'm a solo-player.

You know what is sad? That a lot of people are so bored that all they do is rush through the maps.

Edited by FatalX7

And PVP is not something that will happen in this game... maybe not soon.

Treating the game like an extension of Facebook will not extend the life of the game or preserve player retention(it might increase your personal time played but it is not guaranteed to save the game for DE if too many people grow bored). The game needs something as an object, I can't find one that is meaningful(it doesn't have to be grand I played wow with the basic goal of killing dumb raid bosses with friends) and that is what troubles me about the game more than anything.

PvP and Pve games need goal or something as a long term goal. Crafting weapons for the sake of crafting weapons only works in game like monster hunter because of the need of stronger equipment to move into more difficult zones in that game. People do add the random factor but that alone will not make warframe unique in the market place and people playing today will be drawn off by the next shiny game that distracts them.

Gameplay can be extended simply by adding more planets beyond our solar system.

Let there be a final boss for this solar system and then unlock the next tier (level? stage? galaxy?).

More material types could be added for later galaxies so that certain equipment can only be obtained in later stages of the game.

Adding Raptor, IMO, is a step in the right direction as it is a boss that is much more unique than the previous bosses. And more planets/galaxies = more bosses. To be honest, killing bosses is the most fun thing to do for me, especially big &#! ones.

Edit:

Also, I agree with what LazyKnight said about weapons.

Crafting weapons for the sake of crafting weapons is not fun. I've been forced to use weapons that I have no wish to use simply because I need to raise my mastery.

On a side note, would it be possible to implement a system where each time you craft a weapon you get a % chance to produce a forma'd/potatoed weapon?

Edited by PanzerSoul

MMO when it clearly is not. This game is a lot of genres of games put together. So to label it in your mind as a MMO is a bit silly to me.

Can't believe I missed this.

Do you know what kind of genre of games that Warframe is made of? MMOs.

Edited by FatalX7

warframe IS the endgame. there is no goal, get it ffs!

everything you sacrifice your whole freetime to eventually will become boring. take a break and go out or do sth useful, but stop complaining about not enough content! you'll NEVER be satisfied, because ppl like you always slash dash through new content and start complaining over and over again. i seriously hope that DE does what ever they imagined, and not, what a few customers cry for.

and after all: THIS ... IS ... BETA!

I have been playing warframe like 130h and now its kinda boring i dont see nothing new its like the same thing over and over and over again.. there is nothing that makes me come back to the game and i have almost everything and i dont see the point of geting there cuz i cant do nothing now.I will continue farming? i dont see the point of it i hope they get something quick cuz i dont feel like playing anymore. some one agree?

The game is much more entertaining now then it was back in update 2 when i started. if you think its bad now you wouldent have played for more then a week when it was the corpus ship as the only map.....sound like a old man now lol

Actually, Warframe has quite a lot of content. Just look at all the hours you've played; how many other games can keep you entertained for over 100 hours? I personally have logged over 168 hours of playtime, and I'm still fairly entertained. How many 60 dollar console games can provide so many hours of entertainment? Among MMOs, I'd say that Warframe is pretty much average when it comes to providing fun for a period of time.

I have been playing warframe like 130h and now its kinda boring i dont see nothing new its like the same thing over and over and over again.. there is nothing that makes me come back to the game and i have almost everything and i dont see the point of geting there cuz i cant do nothing now.I will continue farming? i dont see the point of it i hope they get something quick cuz i dont feel like playing anymore. some one agree?

I agree, the game is boring some of my friends are not playing more warframe and I think I'll do it myself, now lies many games discounted and better than warframe.

I have no idea what the team considers the goal line for this game. Its seems like they are building a house without instruction and adding new wings and addition without a concrete vision of what the finished product is supposed to look like. I do not know if they are going to take the model games like vindictus use for boss encounters or what method they are thinking of for a goal line. Farming for the sake of farming isn't a end in of it self even in a PVE oriented game there has to be a point to the farming, even if it is just to move to the next tier of content.

I have been spoiled by too many betas that were 95% done by the time they went open and warframe is the only one that I have played recently that is an open beta that is so under developed. I am wondering if they will be able to retain significant player retention when they move the game into release.

Trust me, Warframe has improved significantly since the release of beta.  

yea but the game doesnt need new weapons it need new content, they can come with 19023839012 weapons and that doesnt change it. 

its the same mission the same stage the same everything over and over

Wanna know why I'm not Mastery Rank 7 yet? Most of the weapons I try rarely make it to Rank 30. I stick with what works: Boltor/HEK/Gorgon, Lex, and Glaive/Gram. Those weapons right there cover all my bases. I need content to keep me in the game, and as I said in the thread asking where the lore is, Dark Souls has me spoiled in terms of both Lore, Art, and even Content when compared to Warframe.

What are you going to say when Beta ends and we still need content and fixes and still have to put up with bugs and glitches?

personally YOU may never have nough content, i fear. and there's no game without bugs, but of course i hope they'll be fixed.

the three most important things for mmo-ish games are to me

1. bugfixes

2. fluff (customization options / possibilities that do not support the game's actual intention, like extra animations, housing, minigames or j4f stuff like fishing etc.)

3. more content only if 1. and 2. is done - as far as possible

and don't forget, if you're not satisfied by a game you're always free to leave. that's how i do it.

personally YOU may never have nough content, i fear. and there's no game without bugs, but of course i hope they'll be fixed.

the three most important things for mmo-ish games are to me

1. bugfixes

2. fluff (customization options / possibilities that do not support the game's actual intention, like extra animations, housing, minigames or j4f stuff like fishing etc.)

3. more content only if 1. and 2. is done - as far as possible

and don't forget, if you're not satisfied by a game you're always free to leave. that's how i do it.

I have absolutely no idea what you think you're trying to talk about.

_____

You never answered my question. Beta ending isn't some magic fixer-upper. The game is still going to get content updates, bugs, glitches and fixes. What excuse is going to be used at that point?

Right now, all of the faults of the game are swept under the Beta Carpet. Beta has effectively grown to mean absolutely nothing. What carpet is everyone going to sweep them under when we're not in Beta?

Edited by FatalX7