Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power to the Dual Daggers (Viva La Dagger-lucion!!)

Rhundis

For to long have the Dual Daggers been forgotten, to long that the "Meta" melees have been in power. It's time for a change.

Bring Power to the Dual Daggers! 

I know this is another "please buff this" thread but I just want to keep this relevant and keep a reminder to DE as they supposedly read all the threads.

TLDR: My Fang Prime are sad pls buff.

4 minutes ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

First of all: covert lethality should be usable with them.

Second: general damage, combo multipliers, other stats, etc buffs a needed.

No, please no bandaid fix. Daggers should be viable without Covert and Dual Daggers even more-so. Dual Daggers should be the highest DPS melee due to their insanely short range, besides just plain base stat buffs a Venka Prime-esque combo meter buff would synergize quite nicely with their insane attack speed.

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Allowing dual daggers to use something like the Swirling Tiger stance might help improve it a bit. The stances they have feel kinda lackluster to me.

Quite a while ago they showed some WiP stances for multiple weapons and i think there was also a dual dagger one (alongside the tonfa one we already got and the machete one we saw last devstream). It utilised dagger throwing and looked overall pretty badass so I got high hopes for that.

19 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

No, please no bandaid fix. Daggers should be viable without Covert and Dual Daggers even more-so. Dual Daggers should be the highest DPS melee due to their insanely short range, besides just plain base stat buffs a Venka Prime-esque combo meter buff would synergize quite nicely with their insane attack speed.

Still no reason not to be able to use Covert Lethality. This AND other buffs are needed, as I said.

I feel that dual daggers (and daggers in general) should have a built in Covert Lethality. But in terms of general damage, i believe a low damage but high special effect damage, IE more bleed damage per tick or high initial Status damage would be a viable balance seeing as they're not as strong as a great sword but still good at finding smaller chinks in enemy armor and such. 

Perhaps having an innate ability to ignore a % of enemy armor or shields would be a good idea?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2017 at 0:18 PM, Vance.Stubbs said:

First of all: covert lethality should be usable with them.

Second: general damage, combo multipliers, other stats, etc buffs a needed.

I never thought covert lethality should have been a mod and allways thought it would be an innate feature of daggers.
The decision has already been made though, I hope it gets revisited.

I would prefer if they do something to buff dual daggers that they not make covert lethality usable on them and do something else to differentiate them somewhat from single daggers. Maybe give them their own mod for every status proc inflicted a 50% chance at a second one or increases attack speed with combo counter.
Something to reward the risk for going into melee with a weapon that has such short range.

Edited by Keiiken

imo this is a systemic level problem neither daggers nor dual daggers have anything noteworthy in critical chance or status, and certainly nothing in damage, honestly the bigger weapons are loaded up with as much crit and status as they can hold with all the damage DE sees fit to powercreep, imo Daggers and dual should have the highest crit rates in the game, a good dagger should have 50% crit chance base same as the dread, the shorter range is more than enough to compensate, and honestly quick melee should be part of the equasion, honestly a dagger should be a one handed quick melee allowing you to reload at the same time and happening almost instantly, while galatine Prime should take 5 seconds or more to yank out, i mean that this is huge and heavy weapon, if you want to use it, it shouldn't just be able to whip out in half a second.

4 hours ago, Keiiken said:

I never thought covert lethality should have been a mod and allways thought it would be an innate feature of daggers.
The decision has already been made though, I hope it gets revisited.

I would prefer if they do something to buff dual daggers that they not make covert lethality usable on them and do something else to differentiate them somewhat from single daggers. Maybe give them their own mod for every status proc inflicted a 50% chance at a second one or increases attack speed with combo counter.
Something to reward the risk for going into melee with a weapon that has such short range.

1 hour ago, GOLANX said:

imo this is a systemic level problem neither daggers nor dual daggers have anything noteworthy in critical chance or status, and certainly nothing in damage, honestly the bigger weapons are loaded up with as much crit and status as they can hold with all the damage DE sees fit to powercreep, imo Daggers and dual should have the highest crit rates in the game, a good dagger should have 50% crit chance base same as the dread, the shorter range is more than enough to compensate, and honestly quick melee should be part of the equasion, honestly a dagger should be a one handed quick melee allowing you to reload at the same time and happening almost instantly, while galatine Prime should take 5 seconds or more to yank out, i mean that this is huge and heavy weapon, if you want to use it, it shouldn't just be able to whip out in half a second.

Well lets hope DE actually does what they say they do (read the forums) and hope this gets the message across.