Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its high time Weapon damage mods were fixed

(PSN)ocerkin

so, there is an issue with weapon mods that is basically ignored, the fact that damage type mods arent treated on a level playing field.

you pop a cold mod on a gun, ANY gun, you get cold damage added, same for fire elecricity so on so forth, try that with a slash mod on a weapon without slash damage already available, or puncture, or impact? nada

why?

they are doing basically the exact same thing as far as the mod is concerned, if i want slash procs on hema i should be able to add them, if im able to add corrosive or ice or whatever to a soma.

and lets not go into the whole oh there is no physical projectile, that doesnt really matter in terms of a game, we have laser weapons that can do slash puncture and impact damage, not burning damage which is what a laser would do, so whose to say the hema couldnt spit out a really sharp glob of goo?

Edited by (PS4)ocerkin

9 minutes ago, Jakorak said:

also this line has already been crossed with Madurai's passives

heh. ya bleeding ignis is fun~

but ya IPS mods have always gotten a short stick (better of using a element instead if its not at LEAST 75% of the dmg)
Id be more for it if the 120 mods wernt around. since as is there would be less reason to pop on one of those if they did work the same way.

Honestly? Because it would be way too OP. Imagine a top-tier status weapon (almost none of which are base slash damage) with slash procs out the wazoo.

Something like the Atmos, the Sonicor, Staticor, or Ignis. Weapons like that would be utterly ridiculous with it. 

Also, I feel like future weapons would have an easier time shooting a corrosive bullet than something like the Ignis would have slashing something to make it bleed. 

Of course, I agree that the logic behind it is irrelevant because it's a game, but I had to point it out. 

But yeah, adding IPS to a weapon probably shouldn't be a thing simply due to how grossly powerful status weapons can be already.

Can someone explain how Poison weapons would Puncture or Slash your skin? It's just a realism deal. I am fine with them not applying to pure elemental weapons  because scientifically it wouldn't make sense. It's a PHYSICAL damage type. To buff these mods, they should increase the damage and effect of the procs themselves.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:17 AM, BobbyD said:

Can someone explain how Poison weapons would Puncture or Slash your skin? It's just a realism deal. I am fine with them not applying to pure elemental weapons  because scientifically it wouldn't make sense. It's a PHYSICAL damage type. To buff these mods, they should increase the damage and effect of the procs themselves.

You can have a Poison weapon that fires a projectile capable of cutting or punturing, it's not that crazy. 

2 hours ago, Luther848 said:

You can have a Poison weapon that fires a projectile capable of cutting or punturing, it's not that crazy. 

Yeah, but the weapons I'm talking about are the pure elemental ones, the ones that dont fire a solid object. Like a Flamethrower or Electric Gun. Take the Amprex for example. How would you implement a physical thing being fired from it without it making 0 sense. You can't randomly put razorblades in a weapon that only shoots lightning. If you know what I'm trying to say (:

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Yeah, but the weapons I'm talking about are the pure elemental ones, the ones that dont fire a solid object. Like a Flamethrower or Electric Gun. Take the Amprex for example. How would you implement a physical thing being fired from it without it making 0 sense. You can't randomly put razorblades in a weapon that only shoots lightning. If you know what I'm trying to say (:

You also can't turn lightning into radiation and poison..... Think about it... Electron flow.... Turning into a toxin....Just as ridiculous. It's a game. Realism should come second.

3 hours ago, Ironlixivium said:

You also can't turn lightning into radiation and poison..... Think about it... Electron flow.... Turning into a toxin....Just as ridiculous. It's a game. Realism should come second.

It doesn't turn into, it combines. Thats how Nuclear energy is produced 

16 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Do we really need to justify adding a damage type? It doesn't seem to affect others weapons visually (other than melee) and it wouldn't really hurt to have a flamethrower with slash or impact damage. It wouldn't make sense but how much sense did the Tenno ever make to begin with. Slash, Impact, and Puncture function almost identically to elements(I mean the only real difference between the various damage types are resistances and proc effects) and it doesn't seem that crazy to implement. Plus there are weapons that fire projectiles that are completely elemental and there isn't a problem with those.

On 4/26/2017 at 4:49 AM, BobbyD said:

It doesn't turn into, it combines. Thats how Nuclear energy is produced 

Nuclear fission energy is produced when the nucleus of an atom is split...And it creates radiation...Not toxin...In addition, adding an electric current to a toxin doesn't make it an acid...AND I was referring to the fact that you can add fire then toxin to make your CLEARLY ELECTRIC current cause radiation poisoning AND some other mysterious toxin poisoning at the same time....No...0 logic. The same can be said about how ignis can deal rad damage, or blast.... A flame causing damage akin to a shockwave.... None of this is possible. FFS you can change your energy color whenever you want...Not only is that not a simple task in many cases, like Nova's molecular prime, for instance, it would change the effectiveness of that energy. Say ignis, you could add some material to the gas or whatever flammible it uses, yes, but it would change the composition of whatever its burning, which would likely change the heat at which it burns, flammibility, density etc etc...  

You might think that there's some futuristic material that does these things without changing important characteristics, and if you're thinking that, congrats. That's the point. I came at it from a technical angle and it made no sense, because there doesn't have to be a technical angle. It's a goddamn videogame, gameplay and balance should ALWAYS go before realism without exception. Technical angles can be fun, but a game run by realism and not gameplay is the dumbest game ever. That being said though, a slash ignis would be op...I think de should look into it, but if they think it's not ok balance wise then whatever I guess