Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's behind this door? (TWW spoilers)

ashyrae

I'd been running back through TWW to finish some scans (namely the Kuva Hellion and Kuva Baliff), when I'd come across this door at the back of the Queens' chamber. It's somewhat strange to have a door back here leading to seemingly nothing. I also checked during the ending fight to make sure Kuva Guardians weren't spawning inside and running out (like some of the other dead-end rooms on Grineer tilesets). Looking through the wall w/ the Synthesis Scanner didn't reveal any containers (nor did Animal Instinct on my Wyrm P).

So.. what is it? A holdover from an earlier version of the chamber? Maybe it was going to be used for a now-scrapped part of the quest's storyline? Or is it just a spawn room necessary for mechanics to function correctly?

Or maybe Umbra's back there, waiting for us

A35B9822C7CCD2AB7DD3F21837F062ADE937D516

Apologies for the Discord overlay popping up in the Screenshot. Didn't expect it to capture that via Steam.

After returning to the chamber a second time, I found two tears in the wall - one on the left side and one on the right side of the door. I can't post screenshots here due to possibly violating the forum rules (not sure if looking through geometry errors counts as exploitation), but it appears to just be empty grayspace with a bit of textured floor, though it appears something is standing or sitting on that textured floor. It's not like an untextured surface, but more of a washed-out gray box extending out endlessly.

After visiting the tile containing the sealed entrance to the Queen's chamber, I can confirm they are not the same tile. The tears are missing on both sides, and the overall entrance is not the same as the door in the back of the actual Queen's chamber in the quest.

This calls for new speculation. It doesn't look like a door but there is definitely a room on the other side. The tears in the wall prove otherwise, but I beg to differ.

Perhaps it's something unfinished? I feel like replaying TWW just to see if this made it into our build.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

• 3 weeks later...

With the power of Nekros Prime, I hereby revive this thread!

Using Loki, it is possible to get past the door (note where I am on the minimap):

5A2B96B51D34B241E711E46FCDDBDE5EF764942B

Facing the other side of the door:

2C2441B2F709D5BBFFA5486ABB4A7F20A8FC6940

Did you know - there's a Somatic Link that's constantly got the explosion FX below the drop-off?

FAD7BAD052528DBCD9A4CB9BC4B999D0D0C48887

Last but not least, if you were wondering where the Queens' pedestal-platform ascends and descends from... it just goes straight into the ceiling.

277FF25439D5C87588071FF3280A871872060FA8

These screenshots have been provided purely as a reminder to DE that there are still geometry bugs in TWW that need to be fixed. But getting to run on top / below the map is immensely fun!

11 minutes ago, -CB-Kyle- said:

wut? Somatic Link in the Kuva Fortress?

Yes indeed - it looks like it might be there for the first, false awakening cutscene just before Ordis tries to purge you.

1 hour ago, InfinitySnail said:

Yes indeed - it looks like it might be there for the first, false awakening cutscene just before Ordis tries to purge you.

With so many theories behind the Stalker and even that Umbra .. I suspect many things ...

On 4/24/2017 at 6:32 AM, RetiredEdgeLord said:

It's a wall [functionally], not a door. Behind that "door" is darkness, the same darkness you see when you fall off the map.

I thought you where going to parady the darkness within all our souls as we fall, each and every day into the assbys of never ending loneliness..... 

No? Just me?

OK then....

:P :P

Edited by Arniox