Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage prism augment idea

Jochcio

Enticing prism: every enemy whose in  line is for sight of the prism will run towards it and target it. Pretty simple, right? The important part is that it's not affected by range, only by line of sight, it would give Mirage some much needed crowd control, as well as some team synergies. To keep the balance, enemies would still shoot at you if you get too close (simular to Nyx chaos). 

Edited by Jochcio

So basicly turn it into TItanias Lantern ability jsut with greater range and line of sight.

Interessting idea but, whould make the Frames less unique, Titania is already less used sadly for her CC, with Mirage with such Augment whould even make her more unsused.

I am all in for variety aslong it wohuld make it still unique and not replace or add a exisitng effect to others. Like with Nyx's passive now beeing a halfbacked Loki Disarm. Its just a mess.

13 minutes ago, Naftal said:

What is current prism if not "much needed crowd control"?

The thing is, if you want to make standard prism good you have to sacrifice your duration or power strength. On the other hand this argument would make it useful even with low range build 

15 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

So basicly turn it into TItanias Lantern ability jsut with greater range and line of sight.

Interessting idea but, whould make the Frames less unique, Titania is already less used sadly for her CC, with Mirage with such Augment whould even make her more unsused.

I am all in for variety aslong it wohuld make it still unique and not replace or add a exisitng effect to others. Like with Nyx's passive now beeing a halfbacked Loki Disarm. Its just a mess.

Lantern has a lot of  advantages: longer duration, being mostly stationary, nearly instant cast speed and  smaller energy cost, also, no matter how close you are to affected enemy,  he won't attack you.  Enticing prism have advantage in range only affected by line of sight and making enemies run instead of walk (so they could keep up with the prism). 

1 minute ago, Jochcio said:

The thing is, if you want to make standard prism good you have to sacrifice your duration or power strength. On the other hand this argument would make it useful even with low range build 

Which is why you have to decide what you want to build for and can't get everything.

2 minutes ago, Jochcio said:

Lantern has a lot of  advantages: longer duration, being mostly stationary, nearly instant cast speed and  smaller energy cost, also, no matter how close you are to affected enemy,  he won't attack you.  Enticing prism have advantage in range only affected by line of sight and making enemies run instead of walk (so they could keep up with the prism). 

Only problem the lantern can hover out of reach and enemys won't mind it at all anymore, with prism i can see oyur point but it basicly can fly everywhere also and whould confuse the enemys AI trying to jump up platforms they can't as example.

You go a bit double standard here also, you want CC but speak of sacrifcing strengt for duration, if you want duration you won't go much for strength anyway and on top you just can fire it in the air and let it explode, mass CC already since above enemys everyone is in line of sight.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

Which is why you have to decide what you want to build for and can't get everything.

^This.

Edited by Marine027

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

I can't agree with you on this one, you should be able to use all of your abilities effectively, if not, then what's the point of having 4 abilities in the fist place? Mirage only have damage buff and inconsistent defense or a decent CC, I don't think letting her both of those things at the same time would make her overpowered. 

Just now, Jochcio said:

I can't agree with you on this one, you should be able to use all of your abilities effectively, if not, then what's the point of having 4 abilities in the fist place? Mirage only have damage buff and inconsistent defense or a decent CC, I don't think letting her both of those things at the same time would make her overpowered. 

You can build without maximizing stats.

If you want maximized stats, you'll have to live with having to build for certain things and not for everything.

13 minutes ago, Naftal said:

You can build without maximizing stats.

If you want maximized stats, you'll have to live with having to build for certain things and not for everything.

18 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Only problem the lantern can hover out of reach and enemys won't mind it at all anymore, with prism i can see oyur point but it basicly can fly everywhere also and whould confuse the enemys AI trying to jump up platforms they can't as example.

You go a bit double standard here also, you want CC but speak of sacrifcing strengt for duration, if you want duration you won't go much for strength anyway and on top you just can fire it in the air and let it explode, mass CC already since above enemys everyone is in line of sight.

^This.

I can see where both of  you are coming from, I just thought it would be nice to have something that would pool the enemies away form you since Mirage is pretty squishy, it would also help with her reputation for team unfriendly warframe, any suggestions how it could be a balanced and unique augment? 

Edited by Jochcio

5 minutes ago, Jochcio said:

I can see where you're coming from, I just thought it would be nice to have something that would pool the enemies away form you since Mirage is pretty squishy, it would also help with her reputation for team unfriendly warframe, any suggestions how it could be a balanced and unique augment? 

Well, it could synergieze with her 2nd ability, Prism laser having a chance to place a proc or bomb on a enemy, simlair ot her 2nd she can use to detonate it maybe or casue enemys itself getting transformed into a walking trap.

Overall give prism a augment to make her lasers dealing ice, impact or blast procs to slow and CC enemys this way then.