Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Freezes During Loading The Game/arsenal/missions And Right After A Mission Starts

elduerte

Warframe performs pretty well, but right after the bootstrapping and apparently all resources are loaded the Game freezes for 30sec or so, sometimes you may notice that all Resources are indeed loaded because the first few frames appear before the freeze kicks in.

Unfortunately this ensues in 100% of the cases that you will be separated or rather singled out from the rest of the team, as the game engine registers a 30sec Network lag!!!

This makes the game unplayable. If I am not mistaken everything worked fine a few updates back.

Apparently users reported the same problem, and the suggestion to turn off DirectX 10 & 11 works, but is the only thing that actually works as I have tried everything and all settings adjustable. However turning off DirectX 10 / 11 incurs great framedrops and many other features such as smooth Fullscreen switching and other aspect ratios.

Please investigate this, or report similar problems that you are having

Update:

I can play again for the first time with all Settings ticked like they are by default. Unfortunately I cannot pin down what has happened. Because the

• the graphics driver has been updated (It is most unlikely that this caused and problems, because I tried several drivers)
  • the networks driver has been updated
  • the Windows Creators Update pushed (which caused the driver changes)
  • and Warframe itself has been updated as well, meanwhile.
Edited by elduerte
update that the game works again

• 3 weeks later...

The Problem has re-appeared since the update frenzy you pushed between 4th and 9th of May.

My settings did not change or anything else for that matter.

Please investigate this. I'll do my best to find out more by selective exclusion and testing.

11 hours ago, elduerte said:

The Problem has re-appeared since the update frenzy you pushed between 4th and 9th of May.

My settings did not change or anything else for that matter.

Please investigate this. I'll do my best to find out more by selective exclusion and testing.

Hi elduerte,

Just to confirm, have you tried verifying / optimizing your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher?
If not, we recommend that be the first course of action for an issue like what you are seeing.

launcher01.png.9c939bf9f4d04e224db01bac9c45e69d.png

If you have already done this, and you are still seeing the freezing issue, then could you please send us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log? This way we can hopefully track down what is happening in the engine when the freeze occurs. (Note: Typing something in chat when the freeze occurs, like "freeze", before sending the log to us would also be extremely helpful)

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

14 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

could you please send us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log?

Just curious, does the warframe crash reporter auto upload the EE.log after a crash?  I ask because this file seems to be the goto for discerning problems and I crash pretty much every time I join a Relay.  I do the crash reporter thing every time, where it uploads to the server, instead of bothering support.

58 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Just curious, does the warframe crash reporter auto upload the EE.log after a crash?  I ask because this file seems to be the goto for discerning problems and I crash pretty much every time I join a Relay.  I do the crash reporter thing every time, where it uploads to the server, instead of bothering support.

Yep, that's all you need to do! Any Warframe files we need will be picked up by the crash reporter and sent to us for investigation.
If you happen to have a WAR-#### from one of these crashes so that we can take a look? The WAR-#### will appear on the last page of the crash reporter.

1 hour ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

If you happen to have a WAR-#### from one of these crashes so that we can take a look? The WAR-#### will appear on the last page of the crash reporter.

None from previous crashes, but since it happens nearly every time, I'll just go crash real fast. BRB

-edit- here you go @[DE]Dmitri

Q172B1o.png

Edited by Xekrin

4 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi elduerte,

Just to confirm, have you tried verifying / optimizing your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher?
If not, we recommend that be the first course of action for an issue like what you are seeing.

launcher01.png.9c939bf9f4d04e224db01bac9c45e69d.png

If you have already done this, and you are still seeing the freezing issue, then could you please send us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log? This way we can hopefully track down what is happening in the engine when the freeze occurs. (Note: Typing something in chat when the freeze occurs, like "freeze", before sending the log to us would also be extremely helpful)

Hi, of course I did,

The underlying issue is long standing issue which reappeared and many players are suffering from it. There are threads closed on this dating back two or three years.

But I can try to confirm that it is that one bug: by disabling DX10 and DX11 the loading freezes should disappear - which really hints at a problem with the usage of the direct x network stack - be it even in the most minimal way.

Okay, I'll send the log.

Update: Yes I can confirm that it is the same old issue/bug. In DirectX 9 Mode everything works "perfectly", except the obsoleteness of that mode itself in terms of aspect ratio not scaling to the monitor, performance, slight graphical glitches, - and I am not that desperate to play.

Reports: 

Exactly this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/2/627456486972795621/

WOW , the bloggers are already capitalizing on that issue with help videos:

That should tell you something!

tldr: the only solution that works, - and people are pretty desperate and really have tried everything is disable DX10 y DX11.

Now it worked on and off. I told you the timeframe where it worked for us. I committed the logs. Please look into it.

Edited by elduerte

I have the same problem but my freeze is only about 5 secs at mission start, then I have to wait another 5 secs to be able to move so everyone is gone. Then I usually gt kicked back to the main menu(ie ship). Contacting TS don't never do any good, they make sire you have more problems. Last time I reported a problem, my mods started disappearing, then my frames and my platinum. I feel like what's the point in trying to get an issue fixed if it just makes it worse. 

3 hours ago, DisAgain said:

I have the same problem but my freeze is only about 5 secs at mission start, then I have to wait another 5 secs to be able to move so everyone is gone. Then I usually gt kicked back to the main menu(ie ship). Contacting TS don't never do any good, they make sire you have more problems. Last time I reported a problem, my mods started disappearing, then my frames and my platinum. I feel like what's the point in trying to get an issue fixed if it just makes it worse. 

Well, yes the delay depends of course on your computer and optimization. Using the cache optimize did improve the performance. For me now it too is under 10 seconds, but it still makes the game unplayable and it is a huge problem that simply affects many people.

It may be network driver related, and it may turn out we all have Broadcom chipsets. But it is something the developers should heed and fix.

Now I am no expert, but that disappearing mods thing sounds like you got hacked.

Good news for the developers: It turns out this is actually a driver  issue. Bad news, I do not have anything more specific.

Without any update simply by reverting to Microsoft Windows 10 x64) Build 15058, the problems have disappeared, keeping in mind that with the out of the box Installation I had the previously explained issues with the game .

On 15/05/2017 at 0:31 PM, DisAgain said:

I have the same problem but my freeze is only about 5 secs at mission start, then I have to wait another 5 secs to be able to move so everyone is gone. Then I usually gt kicked back to the main menu(ie ship).

Personally I blame that down to the 'toaster' in the group, usually the host.... 

Even with this game on an ssd with an i7, 16GB of ram and a gtx 1060 6gb gpu I still get that small stutter from time to time and to me it seems that my game is delaying loading because it's waiting for a 'signal' from the host to say it's ok for others to join the host but it's having to wait because the host is slow to load up, maybe using a hard drive instead of ssd for example.  It's basically the game is compensating for the slowness of another user because in solo and in groups where I know we're all on good pc's and connections I've never seen the issue. 

8 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Personally I blame that down to the 'toaster' in the group, usually the host.... 

Even with this game on an ssd with an i7, 16GB of ram and a gtx 1060 6gb gpu I still get that small stutter from time to time and to me it seems that my game is delaying loading because it's waiting for a 'signal' from the host to say it's ok for others to join the host but it's having to wait because the host is slow to load up, maybe using a hard drive instead of ssd for example.  It's basically the game is compensating for the slowness of another user because in solo and in groups where I know we're all on good pc's and connections I've never seen the issue. 

Yes, but this thread is about a serious issue that renders the game unplayable. Besides the same "hickup" / connection freeze is experienced every time a map is loaded, including after-missions when you return to your own ship.

4 hours ago, elduerte said:

Yes, but this thread is about a serious issue that renders the game unplayable. Besides the same "hickup" / connection freeze is experienced every time a map is loaded, including after-missions when you return to your own ship.

Yes and making sure people don't get the two confused is also useful. 

Having said that you've never mentioned your pc specs and it is possible that the delays you are seeing are due to the time your pc is taking to process 'heavier' scenes etc, especially if it's happening on every map..  that information might be useful in figuring out the issue.

Edited by LSG501

This issue is about the "bootstrapping" method, which runs separately upon establishing the various game-related logic threads such as the renderer, the network module etc...

Basically each time the game loads a map, including the interior of the ship itself.

Well, it turns out this is related solely to the Intel Driver for me. The common denominator as far as hardware goes may be that we all share integrated graphics units.

Bad: Intel HD & Iris Graphics Drivers Version 21.20.16.4664

Good: Intel HD & Iris Graphics Drivers Version 22.20.16.4629 WHQL

I hope the DEVS are picking up on that. And I hope they are working together with Intel on this. It may be that the driver resets itself, and the game looses and re-establishes its render-target due to some odd function call of the graphics capabilities or whatever. Many things could be to blame

In fact Intel sometimes releases Beta drivers and is not very expressedly about its status and issues one may encounter.

Edited by elduerte