Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accolades added for Past Events in Profile

(PSN)BlackGuyver82

I wondering if it would be possible to add accolades to everyone's profiles from past events.  I have attached pics of Guides of lotus being shown as a accolade on there profile.  It would be nice for past events that you have participated in to be shown in this location.  You could use the badge design under the accolade location to show the specific event.  I would take it a step further and have the badge be shown in gold, silver, or bronze if you placed in the top 10, 100, and 1000 for that particular event.  I think this would be a good way to show some pride in your past achievements and also give you some bragging rights among your friends.  I have attached the skull badges from the kill leaderboards to show the different color schemes I believe would work.  I also attached some of the past event emblems and badges that could be used on the accolades section.  I don't think this would require a lot of work but maybe I'm wrong.

71qc4K2.jpg

BrTrFIB.jpg

QMBVd5u.png

• Like 1

It'd get really cluttered really fast though. For example, I'm a Junior Guide. I have played in all (or almost all) events since Sling Stone. I'm also in the Design Council (something that could realistically get an accolade). That would be no less than 12 icons, which would kinda defeat the point of the iconography.

Further, imagine if I was staff and/or a Founder? 

To be clear, I like the idea, but I don't think this is the best way to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Imaru said:

It'd get really cluttered really fast though. For example, I'm a Junior Guide. I have played in all (or almost all) events since Sling Stone. I'm also in the Design Council (something that could realistically get an accolade). That would be no less than 12 icons, which would kinda defeat the point of the iconography.

Further, imagine if I was staff and/or a Founder? 

To be clear, I like the idea, but I don't think this is the best way to do it. 

Do you have a good idea of how they could implement something like this without causing a lot of clutter.

1 minute ago, (PS4)m9123066880 said:

Do you have a good idea of how they could implement something like this without causing a lot of clutter.

An "Event Participation" tab in the profile like we have for gear and stats? (Also for the love of the Lotus the Stats list needs cleanup. It is painfully long and hard to read)

3 hours ago, Imaru said:

An "Event Participation" tab in the profile like we have for gear and stats? (Also for the love of the Lotus the Stats list needs cleanup. It is painfully long and hard to read)

I think that's good idea a separate tab for events would be nice and would definitely keep the clutter down.  It would serve the purpose of players having a location to show off there past achievements besides leaderboards.

Edited by (PS4)m9123066880

You could have a tab called Combat Distictions or whatnot and put them there. Heck you could have them be plaques you get to hang on your Orbiter's walls, Have a trophy room. Did the Operation Black Seed Event? Why not give you a juggernaut head.

Hey guys! Here to clarify some things about Accolades :) 

Currently Accolades are used to display the following: 

• Founder status
  • Moderator status
  • Counselor status
  • Guide status (Junior or Senior)
  • DE Staff status 

The purpose of Accolades is to give visibility to the above candidates. Guides, for example, who provide help to players in-game, have the Junior or Senior Accolade to indicate that they may be contacted for assistance if need be. The same can be said for the Staff and Moderator Accolades. Found and Counselor Accolades speak for themselves. 

Accolades are also added manually, and aren't retroactively sent to players for any action in-game. 

Hope I cleared things up for you guys on adding Accolades. 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Crossed out mistake!
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• Founder status
  • Moderator status
  • Counselor status
  • DE Staff status 

As in DC Members or is there something else that that title applies to? (I thought DC members were called Counselors, I can easily be mistaken.)

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

As in DC Members or is there something else that that title applies to? (I thought DC members were called Counselors, I can easily be mistaken.)

Yes! Correct. Counselor = Design Council status. Apologies for the confusion. 

59 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

What is the purpose of the Lotus blurb when clicking one?  Because right now it displays your name instead of the profile owner, always says grand master rather than the actual Title of the accolade and is always followed by "your location will be added soon".

Feel free to get that fixed someday.

OkLLxzl.jpg?1

While I'm on the subject of clicking icons in profiles, it'd be super cool if clicking someone's clan logo would immediately take me to their clan profile page.

Edited by Xekrin

1 minute ago, Kracken said:

As you can see thats mainly for Grand Master Founder. If it on other its a bug

It is on literally every other accolade conceivable, not so much a bug than it was never properly applied, instead it got linked to every accolade without regard to its origin.  Either way, needs fixed.  Yea, I reported it ages ago.

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• Founder status
  • Moderator status
  • Counselor status
  • DE Staff status 

The purpose of Accolades is to give visibility to the above candidates. Guides, for example, who provide help to players in-game, have the Junior or Senior Accolade to indicate that they may be contacted for assistance if need be. The same can be said for the Staff and Moderator Accolades. Found and Counselor Accolades speak for themselves. 

Accolades are also added manually, and aren't retroactively sent to players for any action in-game. 

Counselor Status doesn't seem to exist in game at the moment. Unless it has something to do with hiding Council chat (like in my case), I don't believe anyone holds this accolade.

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• Founder status
  • Moderator status
  • Counselor status
  • DE Staff status 

thank you Danielle ! TT ~ TT 

45 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Counselor Status doesn't seem to exist in game at the moment. Unless it has something to do with hiding Council chat (like in my case), I don't believe anyone holds this accolade.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

maybe its a WIP ? 

Woopsie, my mistake. I meant for Council chat. Got mixed up.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

• Founder status
  • Moderator status
  • Counselor status
  • DE Staff status 

Thanks Danielle. :)