Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So many weapons, so little forma

(PSN)ArgusTheMan

Man I feel like fully built forma are way too rare for how many weapons that get released and don't come with polarities. Pandero for example has none, Zarr I think has 1 and ferrox I believe has 1 (chose these specifically because I just made them). I still haven't finished my Lanka because I gotta get on that Mcree fan fire going on for my Mesa.

How rare are built forma on the Simon says puzzle on the moon? I've only ever gotten credits from the rare crate and other forma from sorties (only 1? Really?)

Might just be me but I'm starved for forma and have too many things that need 4+ to make them sorties worthy as that's the only real "endgame" content as of now.

8 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

With the ease of getting bps in fissures you should have 1 every 24 hours from foundry, maybe try farming corrupted mods and selling them 10-15p each, then buying the 35p 3 forma bundle?

Could always pray for RNGesus to truely bless you and hunt for void containers or caches and maybe get a forma

29 minutes ago, (PS4)ArgusTheMan said:

It's what I've been doing on meso relics but it's still really slow getting a no polarity weapon to 6 because DE is nice and wants to reduce the grind (not really)

There is also the option of trading and buying forma bundles. Not many players like that idea, but it is an option and a pretty good one if you are a daily trader.

3 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

There is also the option of trading and buying forma bundles. Not many players like that idea, but it is an option and a pretty good one if you are a daily trader.

I would do that if the chat wasn't all just wts because no demand seems to exist for the vaykor hek anymore :(

yep, nothing irks me more than new weapons with no polarities. seriously DE would it kill you to put in a single V polarity for a damage mod? they probably say "it gives you more modding freedom", except it doesn't because people are only ever gonna forma for V polarities if they can't fit Serration/Hornet Strike on there. one V , that's all I ask!!

another annoying part is how Formas take 24h to craft.. 12 would be far more reasonable. I'd still not get the Forma until tomorrow, but at least I could pick it up once I log back in.

Here's my strategy:

Make sure you've got a constant stream of forma bps, which is relatively easy, and keep building them. I always try to have at least 4 unbuild forma bps.

Only use them when there's a double affinity weekend or some-such, so leveling a weapon can be done in a single mission (stealthing Adaro is great for this).

I found in this way I have about 20 formas to play with in such a weekend. Double affinity weekends are a regular appearance (at least once every two months). Which is enough to forma the crap out of at least 4 weapons...

Rinse and repeat.

Last time there was such a weekend I only had two weapons and one frame to format because the rest was already done.

As for trading to get plat for formas, warframe.market is your friend. Even with a saturation of PC players on that platform it is still a whole lot better then trade chat. And maybe when more console players trade on that platform the owner can be convinced to build in specific console filters.

oh, on buying the 35p forma bundle: if you start a forma in the foundry you can rush it immediately for 10p, that's 30p for three formas. Just thought I'd point this out.... (and really, 1 hr relic hunting gives you probably more then three).

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

some i had at one point 100 forma..

Me too, but those were times of t3sab. Plus even if you get lots of bp's, you will have to rush them or wait 7 days to forma 1 weapon. Currently it's just easier to buy forma bundles and not even bother farming bp's, which is what I'm doing.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArgusTheMan said:

Man I feel like fully built forma are way too rare for how many weapons that get released and don't come with polarities.

Forma is fairly common across most relics and though you must actually build them at least they are there to obtain rather easily.  Catalysts on the other hand are annoyingly rare and require weeks at a time before obtaining one for free or paying 20 platinum for every new weapon.

Even in sorties I've gotten 4 reactors and maybe 1 catalyst (over several months), now that is frustrating for someone with non-expendable plat stores.

7 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

Me too, but those were times of t3sab. Plus even if you get lots of bp's, you will have to rush them or wait 7 days to forma 1 weapon. Currently it's just easier to buy forma bundles and not even bother farming bp's, which is what I'm doing.

i am buying forma bundles to now..waithing for 1 forma 24h is to much..cz most of time wen i wish to forma something i buy affinity booster.. to finish wepon as fast  as i can..they can reduce forma build on 1h or 30min..

I'm really surprised so many pple have such a problem with forma, I mean I knew it was annoying but still.  

Like me, ever since the relic system I have a constant surplus of 10-14 forma.  On a normal week I run 7-10 relic missions, on a Baro week that goes to 10-20. And almost every mission I get forma BP's as an option. Using the Warframe app I keep a forma BP always building, I check it when I use the app to check extractors.  

last 2 days of sorties were forma for me, also had a forma a day on build for at least the last 100 days... I still need LOADS more because I'm now working on my kubrows along with my last weapons for mr which annoyingly need forma to build.  I've already done my main frames, the 3 important sentinels, both types of kavats and my charger.  I can only just keep up and I'm not even using them on a dojo...although I did use a few on exilus adapters.

2 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Just craft them daily. There is no way you will consume one per day on long term.

Um... ever heard of rivens???

Personally, since rivens came into existence I find myself putting 4-7 forma on a weapon quite frequently. I have been rushing or buying the 3-pack quite frequently. Granted, I feel that DE doesn't have a problem with that, so...

I actually have a proposed solution though: a foundry upgrade. For the price of say, 100-200 plat (DE can price things), allow us to purchase an upgrade for the foundry that allows you to craft more than 1 of something at a time. Then, I could craft forma in batches, and people wouldn't either sink tons of plat into the 3-packs, or simply have to wait around for eons to progress.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yep, nothing irks me more than new weapons with no polarities. seriously DE would it kill you to put in a single V polarity for a damage mod? they probably say "it gives you more modding freedom", except it doesn't because people are only ever gonna forma for V polarities if they can't fit Serration/Hornet Strike on there. one V , that's all I ask!!

another annoying part is how Formas take 24h to craft.. 12 would be far more reasonable. I'd still not get the Forma until tomorrow, but at least I could pick it up once I log back in.

It seems that DE just tosses a dice every time they release a weapon to determine how many polarities it comes with. Weapons like the Drakgoon & Sobek come with no polarities while Tigris prime and Euphona prime come with 2 & 3 polarities. there is no sense in giving a S#&$ty weapon no polarities, while a godly weapon comes with 3 Polarities, Yes the Euphona is MR14, but a weapon that is already bad shouldn't come with the deficit of having to require 6 forma to put a reasonable build on it, when I see a weapon like the Ogris and the Glaxion with no polarities I lose any enthusiasm to forma them because I know I would be doing more for less.

3 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

Um... ever heard of rivens???

Personally, since rivens came into existence I find myself putting 4-7 forma on a weapon quite frequently. I have been rushing or buying the 3-pack quite frequently. Granted, I feel that DE doesn't have a problem with that, so...

That's purely your problem, the vast majority of Warframe player don't care about Riven if they're not for a particular weapon.

And if they're for a weapon you like, it's highly likely this weapon is already forma'd anyway.