Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus

TonyClark29

Question

Does Nidus go with a duration build with power damage, or does he go with power and range? I'm looking to get your guys' ideas on building Nidus, because currently I have a duration and power damage build. It works, but I want to know your guy's thoughts. I have recently put a forma on him, and he is level 22. I have Energy Siphon, Cunning Drift, Primed Continuity Streamline, Rage, Vitality and Stretch. I went with Energy Siphon because getting energy is challenging sometimes. I have Cunning Drift for the Power Range. I have Primed Continuity for my 2, and 4. I have Streamline to reduce the cost of energy. I have Rage to give me extra energy when I get hit. Vitality for health, and Stretch for my 1, 2, 3, and 4. I would like some more info on building him. Thanks for the Help!

23 answers to this question

I go mainly Strength, Range and Duration. Nidus can have a lot of energy from taking damage via Rage and can earn extra energy from Virulence hitting more than 4 enemies, but first he needs to get as many enemies in a clump with Larva as possible, so max Power Range for me there. Range also ensures Parasitic Link doesn't break too quickly when used on allies that like to move around.

Then dump the rest into Power Strength, with some positive Duration for good measure. Power Efficiency can stay at 45% if you're going Blind Rage and are savvy about energy management, but Primed Flow is recommended if going this route for more Larva usage.

A lot of people will tell you not to build for duration, but actually you want to be doing just that. Build for range, power strength and duration. The reason you want duration is for your 3 which will help you do most of your tanking in high levels and for your 4 to stay around as long as possible  His 2 staying up is not a problem because it dies when you kill everything it caught. This means if you can kill whatever you catch you won't have any problems with its duration. If your 1 doesn't do it (which it will) your weapons should. 

11 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Duration isnt very good on him, because it can stop you from using your "2". Pretty much al builds i have seen so far were maximum range with high power strength, around 100% duration and low efficiency.

Just kill everything captured by Larva and duration is no problem.

@OP: I am personally going with a balanced build.

And this should be in players helping players, not GD

Edited by Kuestenjung

I do the balance between everything because of public runs with random squads.  156% duration, 100% efficiency, 145% power range and 215% power strength. In random runs you have no idea what to expect but your own performance and survivability (it's just how it is).  So I go with growing power, power drift, Primed continuity, Primed flow, constitution, transient fortitude, intensify, stretch, steel fiber and vitality.  Growing power is just insurance for me, aura mod can be anything you want.

His third and fourth abilities are very solid in stationary game modes (Defense, Mobile Defense, sometimes Interception, probably Excavations). Both benefit from power duration - not because they don't last long, but because you have to spend loads of stacks to refresh them. Adding 50% power duration means spending 30% less stacks on renewing them.

In one of those game modes, I'd try to have a 100% or more duration, especially if I have teammates (some squishy frames can really use the healing). If you use abilities 3 and 4 and find yourself running out of stacks, use power duration. Otherwise, strength and range are better.

it's often very hard to kill everything caught by his 2 due to enemies being caught on geometry and world obstacles often through walls and floors. Not saying dont mod for duration but this is definitely a big issue for duration builds with 2. 

You can tank really good with a 100% duration since you can easily recast his Parasitic Link as often as you want with Rage in your build.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

I do the balance between everything because of public runs with random squads.  156% duration, 100% efficiency, 145% power range and 215% power strength. In random runs you have no idea what to expect but your own performance and survivability (it's just how it is).  So I go with growing power, power drift, Primed continuity, Primed flow, constitution, transient fortitude, intensify, stretch, steel fiber and vitality.  Growing power is just insurance for me, aura mod can be anything you want.

Why would you have armor mod if Nidus doesn't have any?

The build I went for is Vitality, Steel fiber, Stretch, Rage, Blind Rage, Prime Cont, Prime Flow, Rapid Resilience, Rejuvenation, Handspring. Some of my choices may not be for everyone. Stretch gives me more than enough range so I don't use the other mods. I use handspring on almost all of my frames because it's takes too long to recover and can get you killed. Rapid Resilience will remove things like slash and toxic which can be very lethal. Rejuvenation for extra health regen. As for energy I have rage and Zenurik.

20 minutes ago, TonyClark29 said:

nidus doesn't have shields, but does have armor. steel fiber is good for him because he has good hp (makes each point of hp worth even more) and good armor (makes % of steel fiber better). it also it stacks very nicely with parasitic link.

28 minutes ago, TonyClark29 said:

He has 450 armor at rank 30 and 300 at rank0 which will result in 780 armor with stellfiber

22 minutes ago, TonyClark29 said:

instead of putting armor mod, id rather put rage than steel fiber

Nidus doesn´t really need any energyincome, he only needs energy for Virulence and Larva and you will gain energy for every enemy hit by Virulence.

30 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

He has 450 armor at rank 30 and 300 at rank0 which will result in 780 armor with stellfiber

Nidus doesn´t really need any energyincome, he only needs energy for Virulence and Larva and you will gain energy for every enemy hit by Virulence.

you need to hit more than 3 to get enough energy back to continue using it. ive ran out of energy plenty of times trying to hit enemies. Plus I don't have any armor mods on him and are doing fine with enemies around level 80s

Rage will depend on the player, I guess. Not having Rage increases the difficulty a bit for Nidus since you will now have to make sure you have enough mana for 2+1 combo then making sure Virulence hits enough target for a good amount of energy refund. Miscalculating your Energy for the combo or not hitting enough targets with Virulence really punishes you because you now end up with no Energy to cast either skills, which in turn won't let you generate adaptation stacks, then it's game over. Either that or you pop Energy Restores a lot more. Though the trade off is that you can put instead another throughput mod in place of Rage.

Personally I almost always use Rage because I don't play optimally. But there are times where I feel tryhard-y enough on high level missions where I don't use it because there are lots of enemies and it's almost impossible to not pull less than 4 together at every Larva cast.

Edited by Sohki

7 hours ago, TonyClark29 said:

you need to hit more than 3 to get enough energy back to continue using it. ive ran out of energy plenty of times trying to hit enemies. Plus I don't have any armor mods on him and are doing fine with enemies around level 80s

I never said you cannot do fine without any mod, and you need to hit 4 enemies to get all energy back, which is no problem at all. And if your are running out of energy even with rage and without any energy leeching enemy, then you are doing it wrong.

I am not using rage and I only run out of energy when I get hit by an leeching enemy. And lvl 80 is where Nidus just gets warm.

22 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

Just kill everything captured by Larva and duration is no problem.

@OP: I am personally going with a balanced build.

And this should be in players helping players, not GD

Yeah that works IF all of them are actually being pulled in. Sadly room geometry and other weird interactions can screw you over quite hard in that regard and sometimes enemies get even pulled under the floor making  them practically unkillable, making you wait the full duration...

On 24.4.2017 at 7:34 PM, CrudShuzKong said:

Duration isnt very good on him, because it can stop you from using your "2". Pretty much al builds i have seen so far were maximum range with high power strength, around 100% duration and low efficiency.

Who exactly uses maximum range? Range only benefits hit 1. travel distance, not widh, larva, that is castable to anywhere, and his link...

Range to an extend sure benefits him but max range makes him cast slow.

I'd recommend going for stretch, high strength, at the very least balances duration and efficiency depending on if you got energize/trin or not (he can regain energy but there's no guarantee for alive enemys until late late endless and larva can screw you up quite a bit if you don't have solid management then.)

16 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

I never said you cannot do fine without any mod, and you need to hit 4 enemies to get all energy back, which is no problem at all. And if your are running out of energy even with rage and without any energy leeching enemy, then you are doing it wrong.

I am not using rage and I only run out of energy when I get hit by an leeching enemy. And lvl 80 is where Nidus just gets warm.

Note that I said More than 3, and its not doing it wrong if enemies aren't pulled in most of the time. A lot of times I throw larva down and it catches nothing even with enemies in places it should pull them in. A lot of times it gets stuck in the ground making enemies impossible to kill. I find Nidus to be a very buggy character. I go to cast my larva and it takes energy and doesn't even get put down, and my 3-4 sometimes don't get used either. 1 works most of the time but sometimes it doesn't.

Edited by TonyClark29

21 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Who exactly uses maximum range? Range only benefits hit 1. travel distance, not widh, larva, that is castable to anywhere, and his link...

Having a single cast of larva pick up every enemy on the tile has its advantages... You get your stacks up a lot faster than with any other build i tried.