Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im new to warframe! Any advice? [Help a new player]

(PSN)steve_props

Question

Hey cummunity! 

Since im a young and poor student, i cant afford any new games that i'd wish to play, so i saw Warframe in the free2play section of my playstation store and gave it a try. And lets be honest, i've never had this much fun playing a free2play game (except uncomparable titles like league of legens or hearthstone etc). 

Im currently MasterRank 8, so i pretty much got my basics so far: get planets done (im at saturn), get materials, get weapons, mods, frames, get higher MR, git gud! 

My loadout which im currently using, and which im probably going to stick to for a while: 

Frame: Volt, until i get my hands on Ember or that mage guy with that weird looking hat. 

Primary: Ignis (flamethrower) - i love it

Secondary: Double Furis 

Melee: Orthos - I love this type of weapons, but i wasted 2 formas and 1 "potato" on it, because theres a prime version. 

...just so u have some kind of overview of my current state in the game. Now my questions to you guys:

- After clearing all the main quests and the planets, what now? 

- Are there some kind of "everyone should have them" mods which i should be hunting for? Which ones? Because theres a sh*t ton of them.. 

- What is the late game made of? 

Yeah, i guess that's all i got for now.. Thank you guys for reading and responding! :)

- Steve

Edit: I read myself through a lot of guides and watched videos but non of them cover exactly what im asking here. So please dont send me this kind of links. 

(SORRY IF THIS IS THE WRONG SECTION OR IF I DID ANYTHING WRONG THIS IS MY FIRST POST)

Edited by (PS4)steve_props

12 answers to this question

-Theres an ignis wraith, which is a stronger ignis, you can get it by going to a clan that has its research. Just go to any popular clan in recruiting chat and pm the dude who sent it if you can join

-akstiletto, aksomati, or if you are lucky to get the relics, akstiletto prime are good weapons if you like the double furis

-complete second dream or war within if you havent already

-late game is just a bunch of high level enemies

-Go to the wiki and search some stance mods, or good mods in general, people in trading seem to be interested in so you can get enough platinum to buy a volt prime(if you want) or buy anything else you want

-also staticor and sonicor are really good CC weapons and they are fun too

-Tipedo is a good pole arm melee 

As a newbie too these are the things I wish I had known before hand

• Get all the easy to get frames without quest or crazy RNG. Nyx, Hydroid, Valkyr, Trinity, Loki, Ember, Volt, Mag, Frost, Excalibur, Rhino, Nekros
  • Complete all the quests. Gives you more weapons and frames like Chroma, Nidus, Limbo, Octavia, Mesa, Titania
  • Join a good clan with lot of research completed. You also get Banshee, Nezha, Volt, Zephyr and Wukong
  • Level up Syndicates to get the weapons and mods. Popular ones can be sold for plat. 
  • Start doing more nightmare missions with tanky frames to get better mods. (Easiest way to get better mods faster)
  • Start doing relic runs and you will get more prime parts
  • Prime parts can be used to get more plat as junk 5 for 10 plat or actual sets if you grind smart.
  • Or use the junk prime to convert to ducats to get Primed mods from when Baro brings them to a relay every 2 weeks. Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Primed Reach probably the most used mods.
  • War within will unlock sorties which unlocks rivens and whole other things
  • If you are part of a good clan do trail missions. law of retribution and Jordas verdict (LOR and JV). These are 8 player raids or missions with good rewards. They also have nightmare (NM) modes and rewards are better. Say you get a arcane energize you can sell it for 400 platinum. My clan usually runs daily in the evening LOR, JV and NM of these. 
  • Sorties can be a challenge with RNG rewards. If you get a good riven can be worth a decent amount of platinum
  • If all the above are done you would easily be in MR14+ range and most of game is unlocked for you.
  • Start helping new clan newbies. 

10 hours ago, Kusungphak said:

As a newbie too these are the things I wish I had known before hand

• Get all the easy to get frames without quest or crazy RNG. Nyx, Hydroid, Valkyr, Trinity, Loki, Ember, Volt, Mag, Frost, Excalibur, Rhino, Nekros
  • Complete all the quests. Gives you more weapons and frames like Chroma, Nidus, Limbo, Octavia, Mesa, Titania
  • Join a good clan with lot of research completed. You also get Banshee, Nezha, Volt, Zephyr and Wukong
  • Level up Syndicates to get the weapons and mods. Popular ones can be sold for plat. 
  • Start doing more nightmare missions with tanky frames to get better mods. (Easiest way to get better mods faster)
  • Start doing relic runs and you will get more prime parts
  • Prime parts can be used to get more plat as junk 5 for 10 plat or actual sets if you grind smart.
  • Or use the junk prime to convert to ducats to get Primed mods from when Baro brings them to a relay every 2 weeks. Primed Flow, Primed Continuity, Primed Reach probably the most used mods.
  • War within will unlock sorties which unlocks rivens and whole other things
  • If you are part of a good clan do trail missions. law of retribution and Jordas verdict (LOR and JV). These are 8 player raids or missions with good rewards. They also have nightmare (NM) modes and rewards are better. Say you get a arcane energize you can sell it for 400 platinum. My clan usually runs daily in the evening LOR, JV and NM of these. 
  • Sorties can be a challenge with RNG rewards. If you get a good riven can be worth a decent amount of platinum
  • If all the above are done you would easily be in MR14+ range and most of game is unlocked for you.
  • Start helping new clan newbies. 

Wow dude! Thats a lot of stuff. Thats what i been looking for all the time. Thank you good sir! :)

Get a nekros (for farming), get a frost (for defense type missions), don't start maining a weapon or frame yet, try different things out.

Level up your basic damage mods (Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point), then work on multishot mods and Fury for melee.

Here is the Bloodrush crit build that works on 95% of the melee weapons: Pressure Point, Beserker, Blood Rush, Drifting Contact or Body Count, Fury, Organ Shatter, x2 elements. Get these mods and start leveling them and you don't have to worry about melee.

Finish the war within as soon as possible and start doing sortie.  That's the end game these days and will expose the flaws in your kit.  Don't be afraid to ask for help in recruit chat.

In addition to the other advice already posted here I would suggest buying all of the Mk I weapons and anything else you can get with credits.  Expanding your arsenal with more weapon types makes the game more fun.  This will help with other random things like weapon specific levels in sorties.  Also credits are generally easier to get as opposed to other resources which you usually get from certain planets/locations.

20 hours ago, (PS4)steve_props said:

...Are there some kind of "everyone should have them" mods which i should be hunting for? Which ones?...

In general for weapon mods you want damage and multishot mods (Barrel Diffusion, Hornet Strike and Lethal Torrent), elemental mods (Convulsion, Deep Freeze, Heated Charge, Pathogen Rounds) and dual stat mods (Frostbite, Jolt, Pistol Pestilence, Scorch).  You'll also want to get mods that help with critical chance and critical damage (Pistol Gambit, Target Cracker).  The examples I listed are for Pistol Mods.  Eventually you'll want to get these types of mods for all weapon types you think you'll use (Rifles, Shotgun, Pistols, etc.).  Having these mods will cover almost all builds you could use for each weapon type.

For frame mods you want mods for armor/health/shields (Redirection, Steel Fiber, Vitality) and power stats (Continuity, Flow, Intensify, Stretch).  For the first set of these mods especially you'll want to follow a general rule for modding in Warframe: focus on boosting high stats instead of trying to make low ones better.  For example you would want to put Steel Fiber on a Valkyr to boost her 600 armor...you could probably find something better to do for Ember instead of modding her 100 armor (both at rank 30, non-Prime versions).

Finally here is a tool that may or may not be useful to you: Warframe Tier List

Using this spreadsheet you can get a better idea of what is available to you at different MRs and the opinions of others on different weapons/frames.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions.  There are always people here that are willing to provide good advice.