Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is corrosive projection fun?

W01fe

now this is a co-op game so im not one to simply call a nerf to something even if overpowered.

no my issue with corrosive projection isnt it being overpowered, but more that it limits your play options.  it trivializes certain frames and frame abilities and in general makes the game less "fun" imo.

now before anyone says anything i do have a max rank CP, i understand its power and what it allows to happen.  

and in truth, with proper play and teamwork you dont even need CP, it just makes a balancing act into a stroll down a flat sidewalk.  

im curious to see other peoples viewpoints on it.

Corrosive Projection can make some enemy levels fun, like 50 (1 CP) -100 (full squad CP), since they will become easier to kill, but they still will put some tough fight, because of the damage scaling

Honestly I don't think CP is overpowered, enemy armor scaling is what's overpowered. If people want to make their own group with all 4 auras dedicated to CP, they can, I really don't care. As you said there's plenty of other ways to remove armor.

I use steel charge pretty much exclusively on v polarity auras  NVM, CP is a dash polarity, in that case energy siphon get's the slot :P

Edited by rapt0rman

Corrosive Projection is overrated. It's not necessary to play with if you know what you're doing. I never even touch mine since I do ridiculous numbers anyway, it simply doesn't make a difference.

I ain't sharing my build :^)

The most necessary aura is Energy Siphon, but even that can be negated through various means (Zenurik focus, Rage, some frame passives, etc.)

Auras in general are spot on as they are, though I would like to see an aura that boosts the whole team's melee combo time.

It's good to have to make weaker weapons viable, but the top end stuff doesn't need it. I could make the argument that it increases the fun factor when people can bring the their favorite gun that may not be the best thing to chip at level 100s with. However, it also makes a lot of already powerful things able to scale much higher. So, it's a 50-50 deal for me. It's more about the people, not the mod. In my opinion, obviously.

Completely overrated for sortie level missions. Aside from being necessary to cheese lvl 1000 enemies, it's a huge crutch. Hurts the games build variety as well since people won't give a second look at a mod that strips armor if they already did it with 4x CP or even use any other aura mod. Wonder why they'd remove weapons that ignore armor way back, but then add this into the game?

It works. It's not strictly necessary, but it does make things more manageable when enemy levels hit the 80+ region. If you don't typically fight enemies of that level then it might not matter to you...but you never know when that survival might go long.

Obviously, it's best when combined with other armor debuffing solutions, 4xCP being an ideal state. However, you can't count on this unless you're in dedicated teams.

There are some weapons strong enough to work without it even on very high level enemies, but...they work better with the armor debuff. Judgment call here.

It can be swapped out for Energy Siphon for less demanding missions, so you're not permanently wedded to it if you forma your aura slot for best results.

i used to use it then got to the point it was no longer needed

other auras presented better returns and i am still able to kill them at same speed if not faster without it 

i tend to have a corrosive weapon on builds to combat those enemy types as the appear , if my frame dosnt innately have a way to deal with them 

so ..situational or by preference it think 

Well, if your using it ruins the fun for you, then don't use it. If you think your fun is ruined by some random Joe just because he brought a CP aura into a mission, then it's simply stupid.

My subjective fun is not determined by auras.

Edited by SeaUrchins

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Completely overrated for sortie level missions. Aside from being necessary to cheese lvl 1000 enemies, it's a huge crutch. Hurts the games build variety as well since people won't give a second look at a mod that strips armor if they already did it with 4x CP or even use any other aura mod. Wonder why they'd remove weapons that ignore armor way back, but then add this into the game?

Because it wasn't added after armor ignoring weapons. Both existed at the same time. Not to say that they haven't done something like that before, *glares at arcanes* but in this instance it's a question of why they'd leave it in rather than why they'd add it.

And it was left in to offer options. You can either take 4xCP or you can take weapons with corrosive procs or 'frames with armor-stripping abilities or just massive amounts of damage.

The problem comes not from CP, but from the fact that armor scales so excessively that removing it entirely becomes extremely powerful. In the same way that crowd control becomes extremely powerful late-game. (Enemies can't one-shot you if they can't shoot, and they can't prevent 99% of your damage if they have no armor)

46 minutes ago, Reefermun said:

Corrosive Projection is overrated. It's not necessary to play with if you know what you're doing. I never even touch mine since I do ridiculous numbers anyway, it simply doesn't make a difference.

Hide contents

The most necessary aura is Energy Siphon, but even that can be negated through various means (Zenurik focus, Rage, some frame passives, etc.)

Auras in general are spot on as they are, though I would like to see an aura that boosts the whole team's melee combo time.

Energy siphon is FAR from the most necessary aura. If anything, steal charge is the most necessary for many builds because of the extra mod points.

51 minutes ago, Reefermun said:

Reveal hidden contents

52 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Honestly I don't think CP is overpowered, enemy armor scaling is what's overpowered. If people want to make their own group with all 4 auras dedicated to CP, they can, I really don't care. As you said there's plenty of other ways to remove armor.

I use steel charge pretty much exclusively on v polarity auras  NVM, CP is a dash polarity, in that case energy siphon get's the slot :P

i really wanna know what kind of content you do with what kind of builds you do the said content with. energy siphon is far inferior to CP when you fight against grineer.

Just now, Zeclem said:

i really wanna know what kind of content you do with what kind of builds you do the said content with. energy siphon is far inferior to CP when you fight against grineer.

Simply remove their armor with other means, or just ignore it.

Also "inferior" doesn't really mean much, energy siphon is a utility mod, of course it doesn't compete with an offensive mod in offence.

Just now, rapt0rman said:

Simply remove their armor with other means, or just ignore it.

Also "inferior" doesn't really mean much, energy siphon is a utility mod, of course it doesn't compete with an offensive mod in offence.

there isnt a single means of armor removal thats as easy and effective to apply as CP.

energy siphon gives 0.6 energy per second and tons of crap deactivates it as it is. its made so people will have a reason to have a dash polarity when not fighting with grineer.

1 hour ago, booty_hunter said:

Atleast one CP is required when doing any high level Grineer mission.

I disagree. maybe it's required for you for whatever reason, but I do Grineer Sorties all the time without CP and get along just fine. modding weapons for corrosive and using powers like Molecular Prime go a long way to Debuff armoured enemies. that way you can keep Energy Siphon's usefulness without worrying about armour.

Jordas Golem fight needs CP though, that fight is totally broken.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

there isnt a single means of armor removal thats as easy and effective to apply as CP.

energy siphon gives 0.6 energy per second and tons of crap deactivates it as it is. its made so people will have a reason to have a dash polarity when not fighting with grineer.

i mean, 145 power strenght and ash's seeking shurikens strip 2-8 enemies of armor completely at once, cost nearly nothing when specced right and its animation doesnt interfere with a lot of mechanics and can even be done while reloading.

so its a more interactive option.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I disagree. maybe it's required for you for whatever reason, but I do Grineer Sorties all the time without CP and get along just fine. modding weapons for corrosive and using powers like Molecular Prime go a long way to Debuff armoured enemies. that way you can keep Energy Siphon's usefulness without worrying about armour.

sorties arent high levels, theyre easy as hell.

Just now, W01fe said:

i mean, 145 power strenght and ash's seeking shurikens strip 2-8 enemies of armor completely at once, cost nearly nothing when specced right and its animation doesnt interfere with a lot of mechanics and can even be done while reloading.

so its a more interactive option.

ok how do i bring my edgelord when im using another frame then? do lemme know.

Just now, Zeclem said:

What you're saying is true, but really just not a big of a deal as you're making it seem. The other options are still completely viable.

Just now, rapt0rman said:

What you're saying is true, but really just not a big of a deal as you're making it seem. The other options are still completely viable.

oh ofc, they are very much viable. im not denying that. its just cp is better overall.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

sorties arent high levels, theyre easy as hell.

ok how do i bring my edgelord when im using another frame then? do lemme know.

thats fair honestly, it was meant to be merely a 1 of example.

im hoping i can correctly convey my personal problem with CP.

its not that its overpowered, plenty  of things in the game are.

its not that it forces you to use it with literally no option.

no my dislike of CP is similar to my dislike of apple (the company).  it simplifies things for the user to the point where they dont actually learn to use technology (apple)/game mechanics(warframe)

a group can run 4x CP and no longer do they have to worry about armor (wich is an issue on its own), they dont have to bother with elemental synergies or weapon synergies/frame synergies...they just need 4xcp.

in the process of players not needing to learn these mechanics to get better at the game, many simply choose not to, they rely on CP, and if/when CP gets adjusted/removed we will have a bunch of problems.

then on top of that its how CP keeps you from noticing other balance issues within the game mechanics and weapons itself.  

on one hand you can say it lets them use what they want weaponwise...but on the other side of the coin it hides the real weapon imbalances from being addressed.

CP is to warframe players as apple is to tech.  warframe players/tech users feel like they are smart/good when using it...but in reality they actually have not learned anything and are simply being held by the hand.

either way, i didnt make this post to shout from the rafters that CP needs nerfed or something, im merelyh sharing my viewpoint and have appreciated others viewpoints thus far.

2 minutes ago, W01fe said:

thats fair honestly, it was meant to be merely a 1 of example.

im hoping i can correctly convey my personal problem with CP.

its not that its overpowered, plenty  of things in the game are.

its not that it forces you to use it with literally no option.

no my dislike of CP is similar to my dislike of apple (the company).  it simplifies things for the user to the point where they dont actually learn to use technology (apple)/game mechanics(warframe)

a group can run 4x CP and no longer do they have to worry about armor (wich is an issue on its own), they dont have to bother with elemental synergies or weapon synergies/frame synergies...they just need 4xcp.

in the process of players not needing to learn these mechanics to get better at the game, many simply choose not to, they rely on CP, and if/when CP gets adjusted/removed we will have a bunch of problems.

then on top of that its how CP keeps you from noticing other balance issues within the game mechanics and weapons itself.  

on one hand you can say it lets them use what they want weaponwise...but on the other side of the coin it hides the real weapon imbalances from being addressed.

CP is to warframe players as apple is to tech.  warframe players/tech users feel like they are smart/good when using it...but in reality they actually have not learned anything and are simply being held by the hand.

either way, i didnt make this post to shout from the rafters that CP needs nerfed or something, im merelyh sharing my viewpoint and have appreciated others viewpoints thus far.

thats a long way of saying "cp is a bandaid mod that allows people to turn off their brains", which i do agree. i do not find armor scaling to be a problem, the problem i find is theres so little ways of dealing with it that it makes cp just too good. i mean closest thing is corrosive procs and even that simply doesnt compare.

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

If YOU arent running CP then someone else is. Unless you play solo of course