Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetic proc should disable enemy aura.

Kainosh

It would be MUCH more useful that way.  Would use it to disable healers, leeches, those annoying arctic stacks....

That 75% shield debuff is not even needed. It doesn't help. We have SLASH, GAS and TOXIN to kill high shielded enemies. 

On 25.04.2017 at 9:06 AM, Vance.Stubbs said:

Funniest thing is -- radiation already does that. 

But I agree, magnetic proc should "silence" the enemies, disabling their auras and abilities (like H.Gunner floor punch, ancient hook, MOA shockwave and etc).

Radiation only prevents enemies from buffing each other (it makes them hostile towards each other), but it doesnt remove enemy aura and it still affects you (because radiated enemy is hostile towards everything, including you)

On 25.04.2017 at 0:21 AM, Insizer said:

That would actually make them practical.  It might be a bit too powerful if it guaranteed a disable, but nonetheless I like the idea.

Guaranteed disable for 4 seconds on Proc is not OP.  I never said that effect lenght should be changed.   Though now i think its better to be 6 seconds or so.

9 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Guaranteed disable for 4 seconds on Proc is not OP.  I never said that effect lenght should be changed.   Though now i think its better to be 6 seconds or so.

Considering the proc monster weapons out there... it might.  I said "might" for a reason, because I don't know.

for some of the types that Radiation isn't able to disable, i am not against Magnetic doing so. but am sketchy towards because of Gas being the opposing Combined Elemental, and the continued existing issues with Gas Status Exploits.

On 4/26/2017 at 7:53 AM, Kainosh said:

Radiation only prevents enemies from buffing each other (it makes them hostile towards each other), but it doesnt remove enemy aura and it still affects you (because radiated enemy is hostile towards everything, including you)

Auras that affect other Enemies by design.... won't affect Enemies that you've hit with Radiation.

how have you never tried/taken advantage of this?
Eximus Auras that boost Damage (the Elemental ones, so the Ice/Elec and Et Cetera that make Enemies deal bonus Damage of that Damage Type) will not transfer to Enemies under the effect of Radiation, and if you apply Radiation to the Host, they won't apply it to anyone.
Ancient Disruptors will not apply their Energy Drain on Attack Auras to Enemies under the effect of Radiation, and if you apply Radiation to the Disruptor, they won't apply it to anyone. (even themself, it seems)
Ancient healers will have their Resistance Aura completely turned off if you apply Radiation to either them or the Enemies around them, since the Aura type makes the Ancient take all of the Status Effects instead.

very convenient stuff.

Edited by taiiat

I think magnetic proc should be a single target stunlock and maybe reset their alertness level.

Because the combination of dual stats mod that use with magnetic is gas

Gas is an offensive proc and the magnetic proc should be defensive like Corrosive(offense) Blast(defense), Viral(offense) Radiation(defense).

Sure you can use Gas + cold or electric. But like the other combination elemental, Magnetic should be the proc that keep you alive to deal damage with Gas proc

On 29.04.2017 at 9:27 AM, taiiat said:

how have you never tried/taken advantage of this?

....Wait, is that one for me?   Who told you that i dont use radiation?   I do use it....but it doesn't remove attack aura effects from Player. Because, no matter if enemy is Radiated or not, its still hostile towards player.  

Still, Radiation have completely different core effect.  Its victim becomes hostile towards all factions. Rest are just consequences.

Suggested Mag proc is more like how it works on warframes. It drains all enery, disabling casts.  I just though enemy "abilities" should also suffer from Mag procs.

So while radiation tampers with enemy faction....Mag simply disables their ability to cast/emit aura (they still can shoot you).

Basically its not that powerfull since it lacks CC of Radiation effect.

Surely Gas is quite powerfull and need a bit of change (nerf)....But that is for another thread.

Currently, Gas and Magnetic combo looks sad (If you dont think about numbers, but function) .  Magnetic is a shield killer....But Gas damage is not affected by amount of shields and its proc attacks hp directly. 

5 hours ago, Kainosh said:

....Wait, is that one for me?   Who told you that i dont use radiation?   I do use it....but it doesn't remove attack aura effects from Player. Because, no matter if enemy is Radiated or not, its still hostile towards player.  

Still, Radiation have completely different core effect.  Its victim becomes hostile towards all factions. Rest are just consequences.

Suggested Mag proc is more like how it works on warframes. It drains all enery, disabling casts.  I just though enemy "abilities" should also suffer from Mag procs.

So while radiation tampers with enemy faction....Mag simply disables their ability to cast/emit aura (they still can shoot you).

Basically its not that powerfull since it lacks CC of Radiation effect.

Surely Gas is quite powerfull and need a bit of change (nerf)....But that is for another thread.

Currently, Gas and Magnetic combo looks sad (If you dont think about numbers, but function) .  Magnetic is a shield killer....But Gas damage is not affected by amount of shields and its proc attacks hp directly. 

But if we killed the eximus with the damage type that they weak to, Then the we don't have care about the magnetic proc.

Let alone trying to find the eximus and then try to apply the magnetic proc on them without killing them, It's just way too situational.

Gas still not going to work in conjunction with magnetic even if you give it a disable aura.

Try to think what could benefit us more, So we could consider running magnetic build with some weapons or against some faction.

2 hours ago, nameomnz said:

But if we killed the eximus with the damage type that they weak to, Then the we don't have care about the magnetic proc.

Let alone trying to find the eximus and then try to apply the magnetic proc on them without killing them, It's just way too situational.

Gas still not going to work in conjunction with magnetic even if you give it a disable aura.

Try to think what could benefit us more, So we could consider running magnetic build with some weapons or against some faction.

Im completely ok with Magnetic being very situational.   In my opinion its exactly what this game lacks.

But if you want a different effect, why dont you suggest one yourself?   Just keep it in close to what elecromagnetism can do.

7 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Im completely ok with Magnetic being very situational.   In my opinion its exactly what this game lacks.

But if you want a different effect, why dont you suggest one yourself?   Just keep it in close to what elecromagnetism can do.

As I suggested above.

It should stun an enemy and reset their alert level. Reguardless of enemy type.

Simular to how it's affected our tenno's HUD.

Electromagnetic not only affects the electronics, But It's also can affects human behaivor and emotional.

So in combination with gas+magnetic. Gas would deal x8 damage overtime with magnetic proc on melee.

It's not overpowered as it has recieve the nerf on U20. Even if it modded with CL dagger it's still takes a while to apply proc on them.

And a weapon like Torid would be a perfect stunlock weapon to use against anything.