Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Revisited: Prime Time Surprise and Next Steps!

[DE]Megan

Seriously needs a flat armor value of 200+ as a max.

Please stop passively giving no thought into his passive!!!

Literally 10 seconds of thought:

Oberon passive: Radiated enemies give off a blind effect when killed that is 5 meters large. No mods or arcanes/auras can chance this value.

1 hour ago, Rhaken said:

You, my friend, are a genius. That's beautiful. It solves the problem of restricting the mobility of your teammates.

An alternative would be for Renewal to provide the armor buff regardless and discard the need for synergy with another power, thereby reducing the need to compulsively cast. However, this may be a bit much.

i agree with the alternative this would give hallowed ground an opening for something useful say : enemies killed while in the area of hallowed ground increases a warframes health and shields up to a cap (this would synergise nicely with renewal) or slows down enemies the longer they stay on hallowed ground. Otherwise, give it a guaranteed knockdown upon cast and for any enemy entering hallowed ground due to the new offensive nature the devs are putting into it (akin to ice wave) i don't think a radiation carpet will do Oberon any good since he will never have the ability to be invisible (like loki).

Edited by Aquasurge

7 hours ago, Azamagon said:

Warning: This may come across as a little harsh, but that's to expect when you are hoping for a good and helpful rework from professional developers...

So, Renewal. Well, that's a nice tiny little step in the right direction, but what about Renewal's weird inverse duration which interferes with its bleedout extension and augment?

Or that Hallowed Ground is a very weak defensive ability, with neither good enough DR for allies nor good enough CC for enemies (although Radiation procs might help)?

The extreme radiation-proc overlap?

The overuse of forced synergies?

The passive being changed from situational into a pidgeonholing one (which you haven't even mentioned btw)?

Are you guys really content with THAT?

this plus can renewal infinite range remain since that is its advantage.

can the armor buff stack with hallowed ground.

can it be when Oberon is on hallowed ground and not just when teammates are standing on hallowed ground to work, or have an additional armor when teammates are on it.

5 hours ago, Trickst3rGawd said:

SOMEONE SPITBALL IDEAS FOR BUFFS TO RECKONING BEFORE DIS IS OVER BECAUSE IT NEEDS SOMETHING TO MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A REAL ULTIMATE NOT UNDERPOWERED THANK YOU ALL

I always enjoyed using Reckoning, but in hindsight, it really isn't that amazing of an 'ultimate ability' like other frames. Most melee warframes equip there own unique weapons with unique stances and caster type warframes often have an ultimate that deals consistent dps or provides some type of utility (or even both). I suggest that Smite and Renewal be combined into one ability. It would be a wave that damages and applies radiation procs to enemies and heals allies it passes through. Reckoning would then be moved to be his third ability. 

Oberon's new ultimate ability could be either:
Judgement (Paladin theme):
On activation radiation proc-ed enemies will be assaulted by a column of light that deals damage and ignites the targets.

Harmony (Druid theme):
Oberon combines with his companion, becoming an enlarged beast with increased attack and movement speed. In this form, Oberon's stats are the combined totals between him and his companion, as well as, gaining the abilities of his companion.

Edited by MechNinja

Please change Renewal back to the projectile system (but make them faster). One of its few strengths before this rework is that it had unlimited range provide for you had the energy. It makes his role different from the strong, but smaller ranged, Trinity heal.

Edited by wtrmlnjuc

My 2 cents:

Passive: Ability to convert other companions from other opposing factions.  Example: Have it apply to miniature ospreys, infested maggots.

Renewal: As a few have mentioned already, the odd duration scaling on the bleedout timer should be normalized to make it viable and confortable to use (Apply additional time to the bleedout ticking duration if toggled on, causing it to drain energy as if it were a heal on an ally). Potential Augment buff?

Radiation proc redundancy: I do not think 3 out of 4 of his powers require a forced/chance radiation proc, perhaps a varied debuff across these 3 abilties with only one having a dedicated radiation proc, preferrably reliable too.

Overall, it looks good to me. I personally think "Renewal doesn’t stop healing when the target ally is at full Health. It will continue to heal as long as it is active." was really the one thing that made him a little too weak and unreliable.

9 hours ago, Naith said:

Someone on the forums suggested Hallowed Ground sprouting earth's new flowers and vegetation etc. for its graphics effect. Much like Nidus.

Sounds really neat and would show off one of the nice aspects of the earth rework. Is that something that could potentially be added?

This is really very totally awesome and would be a travesty not to include... 

9 hours ago, Azzu-nyan said:

My 7 Forma Oberon is very happy to see this lovely buff. :D
Thank you DE. <3

Until oberon prime, at least. Then, you would likely replace him in cold blood

Edited by Teloch

@[DE]Megan

Suggestions for Renewal and Passive:

Renewal:

1) Has Buffed damage when OBERON is standing on hallowed ground instead of enemies having to be on it. Otherwise HG's shape makes keeping enemies on it clunky. Nidus works because he can pull enemies into his patch aoe, but Oberon doesn't have anything like that.

2)Has Chance to Spawn Energy orb (scaling with Power Strength) if target is radiation procced. This is a better iteration of its existing property and allows it to scale support-wise without falling off as it does now, because you will keep your team-mates supplied with energy regardless of whether Reckoning's damage falls off or not. If enemy is killed, spawn health orb.

3)If used on enemies on hallowed ground, let Hallowed Ground's range/duration be buffed by increments.

Passive:

Heals allies for a small amount when an enemy is killed, i.e. the direct opposite of Nekros with his theme of death.

OR

Melee strikes on allies can heal them for a percentage of their health.

OR

Oberon leaves a trail of flowers (think feyarch skin) that heal allies for small amounts wherever he steps.

Renewal changes seems nice! Congrats and keep on doing a good job.

Now i'll post a couple of suggestions:

• Hallowed Ground: Altought it's nice to see the change from rectangle to arch, it would be way better if It were a circle with it's center where Oberon stands.

• Reckoning: Now it has two "modes". First tap of the key suspends enemies in the air like it does now. In that state, enemies take more damage (affected by power str) (and stealth damage too?). They are suspended indefinitely, but Oberon's energy is drained each second (affected by power duration). Second tap of the ability slams the enemies to the ground like now but it would be cool to see some kind of scaling.

I think with this change Oberon would have a little more survivality from the CC.

• Passive: Get rid of the companion theme, it forces you to use them and it's not that nice even. I have two ideas: give him some sort of synergy with irradiated enemies to heal when killed or drop a health orb. The other is to give Oberon Vauban's passive because it fits better. Vauban could have innate ammo mutation or something (because the engineer theme and that).

I hope you like them!

Just some spitballing for his kit, because I want to help streamline the kit a bit and play on his Paladin theme:

Smite

Completely reworked: 

The victim of Smite is struck by a bolt of holy light, causing it to emit a shockwave of Radiation/Impact damage, scaling with the target's level. All targets caught in the shockwave are Blinded and receive a Confusion proc.

Hallowed Ground

If it continues to exist, either it needs to provide a percentage of mitigation outright, or to provide a flat amount of armor to allies standing within it, just so the bonus remains even.

One suggestion I've heard before is for enemies that die within the field to increase the effects of the field for the rest of the duration, particularly the mitigation it provides - which would work rather well, especially if Renewal still allows the armor stored within Hallowed Ground to be extended to targets once they leave the field.

Would be preferable if it was a full circle, but I'll take what I can get, honestly.

Renewal

Give it a maximum range (I fully suspect the energy wave already is a push towards this), but have it continuously pulse healing in an area around Oberon while active, a la the old Ancient Healer units. Duration can still increase the ticking speed, but by removing the maximum Duration in range of Oberon, it can still extend the bonus bleedout window. Hek, you could even have it continue to consume energy even if nobody is getting healed that way.

Reckoning

Semi-reworked:

Enemies within range are slammed into the ground, receiving Radiation/Impact damage, as well as knockdown and Confusion - but not Blind. Striking a Blind target with Reckoning forces a health orb drop (regardless of if the target dies) and deals increased Finisher damage instead.

I still don't think it should reduce targets' armor when combined with Hallowed Ground, because that would defeat the point of Oberon dealing Radiation damage.

Passive suggestions

Pick only one:

• Oberon releases a blinding flash whenever his shields break, which increases in intensity based on the damage to his shields. (Personal favorite just because it asks Oberon to balance his health and shields - and really, isn't balance what he's all about?)
  • Oberon charges up a blinding flash by blocking attacks with his melee weapon (a la Vaykor Sydon).
  • Oberon innately has increased mitigation and threat while blocking with any melee weapon.

Still fulfills the same role in the party, just with less of the "whimsical" crap that made him unreliable, less confusing abilities, and generally better effectiveness.

Edited by Archwizard

SOMEONE SPITBALL IDEAS FOR BUFFS TO RECKONING BEFORE DIS IS OVER BECAUSE IT NEEDS SOMETHING TO MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A REAL ULTIMATE NOT UNDERPOWERED THANK YOU ALL

I'm going to link my old concept for Oberon that has been archived now so people can read over the entire topic,  I'm not suggesting the entirety of my concept to be used just a fraction for the upcoming rework. 

Would be nice if some of his abilities were combined making space for a new 4th.

1st Combination his passive with Hallowed ground so players have more control over when we want to make friendly pets.

2nd Combination is Renewal with Reckoning that way it doesn't matter if it doesn't scale up, the reason is because on a high level mission you won't do much damage and you will be much safer casting a Renewal that crowd controls enemies around you reducing the risk of you being downed as you make efforts to support your allies.

3rd Combination Hallowed ground and Reckonings crowd control upon cast

The combination would improve him greatly and remove the debate that he is trying to be a bit of everything, the 4th ability I'm suggesting is Paladin theme focused while the rest of his abilities seem a bit more on the Druid side.

The rework we've been shown still doesn't fit the Paladin theme ... Perhaps as people have debated he is a 'Paladin class Druid' but even with this rework he is still just a Druid ... I feel my 4th ability concept really cements the Paladin element.

The extracted ability from my old concept that could be used as a new 4th ability is ... 

Divine Olifant
(15m, 20m, 25m, 30m Taunt Radius)
(Toggled ability with energy drain. Oberon selects and summons a Divine weapon immobilizing him for 3 seconds whilst taunting all enemies in radius during the weapon selection, after the horn has been sounded Oberon is granted a Divine weapon set. Each set comes with a unique shield that gives Oberon enhancements, all 4 weapons use the same attack combinations but the attacks and animations are varying dependant on which set you are currently wielding. For example one set could have precise slashes and another may have brutish heavy strikes but the combos remain the same to avoid confusion.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olifant_(instrument)

Oberon sounds the horn to summon one of his four divine weapon sets whilst taunting all enemies within range.

Divine Weapons List;

Hammer and Shield - Ice element (Hammer looks like a frozen brick of ice.)

Ice damage, Blocking has a guaranteed status proc whilst channelling granting - Increased mobility and attack speed.

(You slow down enemies and speed yourself up)

Flail and Shield - Toxin element (Flail looks like tentacles made from infested tissue with hard barbs or claws at the end.)

Toxic damage, Blocking has a guaranteed status proc whilst channelling granting - Increased damage reflection. 

(Refer to http://warframe.wiki...wiki/Reflection)

Mace and Shield - Fire element (Mace looks like a large smouldering coal.)

Fire damage, Blocking has a guaranteed status proc whilst channelling granting - A percentage of damage Reflected is converted to health.
(Refer to http://warframe.wiki.../Quick_Thinking)

Sword and Shield - Electricity element (Sword looks like a a lightning bolt with flickering edges)

Electricity damage, Blocking has a guaranteed status proc whilst channelling granting - A percentage of damage Reflected is converted to energy.

How about making enemies affected by it (rather than killed by it) drop health orbs on death.  That way you don't have to kill with it to get the health orb benefit.

2 hours ago, Teloch said:

Until oberon prime, at least. Then, you would likely replace him in cold blood

Yup.  My 6 forma oberon is goin straight into the trash can.

1 hour ago, Vactro said:

• Hallowed Ground: Altought it's nice to see the change from rectangle to arch, it would be way better if It were a circle with it's center where Oberon stands.

• Passive: Get rid of the companion theme, it forces you to use them and it's not that nice even. I have two ideas: give him some sort of synergy with irradiated enemies to heal when killed or drop a health orb. The other is to give Oberon Vauban's passive because it fits better. Vauban could have innate ammo mutation or something (because the engineer theme and that).

The prime time demo had a roughly 210 degree arc for HG with only 145% range.  That means the base arc was about 145 degrees.  Max out your range and you'll have a full circle with a HUGE radius.

The companion passive is a terrible idea, and the health thing would work for him.  He already has a variant of it that simply doesn't scale.  If any enemy that he'd struck with a rad proc had a chance to drop a health orb on death, then his reckoning wouldn't be as useless.  Giving him vauban's passive would help reinforce his paladin role, but in all honestly vauban's passive sucks a lot since it relies on stationary allies in a highly mobile game.

How about you give Oberon a little more utility : 

Hallowed Ground:

Allies affected by Hallowed ground gain + 25/50/75/100 % bleedout duration.

Renewal:

Contributes to resurrecting of bleeding out allies at 6.25/12.5/18.75/25% of normal speed (12.5/25/37.5/50% if affected by Hallowed Ground).

8 hours ago, TheDefenestrater said:

Cosmetically, he draws from druid stuff, but every ability in his kit, apart from his cockeyed passive, is paladin.  He just does a really piss-poor job of it.

Yet that still doesn't mean it can't be flowers either or something to that degree.

Purifying flames or something as nightmare said? Maybe, but I agree that vegetation would be a nice addition and show off some of the work from the new remaster.