Oberon Revisited: Prime Time Surprise and Next Steps!

Further Testing:

Hallowed Eruption... is now viable as an augment. NOt only does hallowed ground's larger coverage make it a good 'cheap' area status nuke, but combine with his 4 doing damage on radiated targets (supposedly... it doens't feel any more damaging.) I will say hallowed ground is doing a LOT more grunt work now.

Noticed oberon lost his bleedout timer extension. Used renewal right next to someone bleeding (well as next to as i could with a pack of grineer in the way) and... NOthing Is this intended behavior.

I seriously am not seeing any differances in smite and reckoning. Did the changes get left out?

I like Reneal's armor buff with Hallowed Ground. I am liking hllowed ground's better suitability as an area denial/debuff skill (pair it with hallowed ground and you have a proper mobile mission nuke. Tap to cast, quickly tap  renewal for an armor refresh, and tap HG again to detonate and cause confusion/hopefully thin th crowd a little and those that survive you can Reckoning (assuming you haveenergy.)

Oberon needs a way to generate/reclaim power otherwise he'll be in Saryn's position except being seen as worse.

Oberong is still goint to be my most used frame I think. He's fun to play. However this 'rework' has problems I hope DE will fix in the next few days if not right before Oberon Prime hits. He's Better than he was, but I can see with afew minor tweaks him being so much BETTER without being Broken.i am glad hallowed Eruption now seems to be useful, but I'm afraid that his kit is now going to be a case of 'bring energy pancakes. how many? ALL OF THEM.'

things that i think need to be fixed:

- raise base % damage done or don't divide damage among the orbs

- reverse the duration effect on renewal OR have phoenix renewal be effected by the armor buff

- increase base armor debuff, from his 4th, % to 40 and OR make it to where the armor debuff will stack( 2 uses of his 4th = 40% armor defuff at base)

I can't really see Hallowed Ground. Even turning particles up it's... just plain hard to see now. Plus it's still that goop they said they were gonna change.

I've heard reports Hallowed Reckoning is bugged?

Smite: It feels weaker than it did before. Given they're scaling off HP instead of EHP armor scaling basically leaves this feeling far weaker than it used to. I mean don't get me wrong knockng a ballista down is kinda nice but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe a tweak?

Hallowed Ground has become a far more useful ability purely as a result of the size change/increase. Even with base strength  I noticed radiation proccing fairly rregularly, and hallowed eruption augment is now actually pretty silly to use.

Range for Renewal does not seem to change with Range Mods. Additionally you nolonger can extend bleedout timers. Still could not get phoenix renewal to do anything, but the little bit of buffer regen is nice. The armor being a flat bonus is VERY nice and I literally had my squad's banshe thanking me for it.

Reckoning... I think ot a range buff actually. It still feels the same and good god the armor stripping is terribad.

Passive is actually pretty nice and I'm glad it extends to allies. I'm sure the smeeta kavat users wil thank me for giving their furball more survivability.

When they tweak the visuals... I want them to do a few tweaks. NOt many just a few that will greatly obscenely help and make Oberon a solid frame that is a Jack of all trades rather than a Jackas of all trades.

1. Smite's secondary orbs should just flat out ignore armor plus give some damage on top of that. That's the change I'd make. Ignore armor and those orbs will suddenly hit like a truck.

2. Rework Hallowed Ground's visuals so I can actually see where the hell it is. Please. I can't tell where it ends and what it's doing. Additionally remove the enemy armor debuff and give damage reduction.

Additionally hae enemies that die on an active hallowed ground release an energy pulse that gives anyone on hallowed ground ten energy. There you go. Oberon's energy problems are solved, and he gets to be a second fiddle to Trinity's EV build.

3. Renewal needs to be affected by range mods, but this is not the big thing. THat's icing on the cake. THe meat and potatoes here is have renewal last longer when you have more duration. Hallowed Ground benefits from duration., and Renewal couples with smite. Don't make me have to try building a neg duration renewal to have phoenix renewal insurance. Having renewal as a long duration drip based off duration would mean trinity is your main healer. Oberon is the guy casting regen before the fight even starts so you can survive the thousand papercuts. There you go that gives them two distinct roles.

Buff the base range to affinity range please.

4. Reckoning. needs a  better armor stripping mechanic. As his kit already stands Oberon is energy hungry as you need to combo constantly. Adding 'oh you can strip armor but only if you keep spamming this insanely expensive skill' is just plain insulting.

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Hallowed Ground doesn't look like flames anymore. RIP.

Also, I can't freaking believe you guys took out the armor buff out of the HG because of the renewal synergy. Why? :(

THEY DID WHAT!?

You mean to tell me they removed Hallowed Ground's independent armor buff just so they can make a synergy between his abilities? This is redundant af!

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

Hallowed Ground doesn't look like flames anymore. RIP.

Also, I can't freaking believe you guys took out the armor buff out of the HG because of the renewal synergy. Why? :(

if they are just going to do that they need to just make it straight damage reduction instead of armor

37 minutes ago, LokiTheCondom said:

THEY DID WHAT!?

You mean to tell me they removed Hallowed Ground's independent armor buff just so they can make a synergy between his abilities? This is redundant af!

Yup.

However, I must say that for Oberon himself this means more armor. Same Strength: 300 flat armor vs old ~25% increase.

So sorry for the double post but... I am disappointed in this rework. I seriously thought, pre-rework, I understood Oberon's position in what DE released and it simply aged badly.

I am now confused because... I just don't know where we are anymore.

• Smite: A CC ability that deals damage. The CC is still there, the damage is improved through scaling but needs further tweaking because it hardly feels impactful right now. Something here doesn't add up, but the idea is the right one.

• Hallowed Ground: It lost the armor buff because Renewal now gives the armor. Maybe have a damage reduction if you are standing on the ground would have been a good thing (nothing too big, but scaling with Power Strength still (say 15%, at 200% 30%, at 300% 45%?). Seriously, consider this, as right now this ability is just a status clearance in/out for allies.

• Renewal: I like all the interactions BUT it still has the same issues. In fact, it has a new issue: I can't heal people across rooms now. WHY. Seriously. I just played a Void Survival, there was a guy a bit away from me, and because this has no projectiles that travel anymore I never could heal people in those distances. The big issue was delivery to far away players, and it's not fixed. I have nothing against the healing I guess? It heals a big chunk amount on as little time as possible with an initial value, just as before. The negative scaling helps healing bigger quantities and it doesn't stop at full health. Wouldn't mind a bleedout interaction here, myself.

Get that wave out, give me back the old delivery method and increase travel time the more distance it travels -- AKA give an acceleration. Right now I'm a worse Trinity for this :(

• Reckoning: Needs some more damage love, but the rest is fine.

Seriously consider the above. Oberon was the only Warframe that could heal you without distance being an issue, at the expense of a different healing mechanic to differentiate from Trinity, and the Hallowed Ground armor buff was there to incentivize people to stay on it, as well as to stay close to a Defense, Mobile Defense objective. Damage Reduction (a low one, so it's not over the top) could be a good thing here.

And please, his base armor needs to go up. Seriously. I don't see why he can't use a higher value, even Excalibur has a higher one? :/

Edited by NightmareT12
2 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

So sorry for the double post but... I am disappointed in this rework. I seriously thought, pre-rework, I understood Oberon's position in what DE released and it simply aged badly.

I am now confused because... I just don't know where we are anymore.

• Smite: A CC ability that deals damage. The CC is still there, the damage is improved through scaling but needs further tweaking because it hardly feels impactful right now. Something here doesn't add up, but the idea is the right one.

• Hallowed Ground: It lost the armor buff because Renewal now gives the armor. Maybe have a damage reduction if you are standing on the ground would have been a good thing (nothing too big, but scaling with Power Strength still (say 15%, at 200% 30%, at 300% 45%?). Seriously, consider this, as right now this ability is just a status clearance in/out for allies.

• Renewal: I like all the interactions BUT it still has the same issues. In fact, it has a new issue: I can't heal people across rooms now. WHY. Seriously. I just played a Void Survival, there was a guy a bit away from me, and because this has no projectiles that travel anymore I never could heal people in those distances. The big issue was delivery to far away players, and it's not fixed. I have nothing against the healing I guess? It heals a big chunk amount on as little time as possible with an initial value, just as before. The negative scaling helps healing bigger quantities and it doesn't stop at full health. Wouldn't mind a bleedout interaction here, myself.

Get that wave out, give me back the old delivery method and increase travel time the more distance it travels -- AKA give an acceleration. Right now I'm a worse Trinity for this :(

• Reckoning: Needs some more damage love, but the rest is fine.

Seriously consider the above. Oberon was the only Warframe that could heal you without distance being an issue, at the expense of a different healing mechanic to differentiate from Trinity, and the Hallowed Ground armor buff was there to incentivize people to stay on it, as well as to stay close to a Defense, Mobile Defense objective. Damage Reduction (a low one, so it's not over the top) could be a good thing here.

And please, his base armor needs to go up. Seriously. He was the highest armor Warframe back in the day, and I don't see why he can't use a higher value.

I wouldn't say highest armor, Oberon used to have 65 armor same as Excalibur did at the time, it was the average basically. With Oberon's first boost, he gained the 150 armor, more life,  and various pumps to his move-set, but as what happens when the balanced warframe gets buffed, enemies then got boosted a week or two later. A little later, due to the other warframes being found to be too fragile in this setting, several were given boosted armor, Excalibur and Frost being the biggest examples; from 65 to 225 for Excalibur and 155 to 300.

I would totally go for more armor on Oberon, but its been a long journey for him. Perhaps his Prime when it comes will have that enhancement?

Just now, Urlan said:

I wouldn't say highest armor, Oberon used to have 65 armor same as Excalibur did at the time, it was the average basically. With Oberon's first boost, he gained the 150 armor, more life,  and various pumps to his move-set, but as what happens when the balanced warframe gets buffed, enemies then got boosted a week or two later. A little later, due to the other warframes being found to be too fragile in this setting, several were given boosted armor, Excalibur and Frost being the biggest examples; from 65 to 225 for Excalibur and 155 to 300.

I would totally go for more armor on Oberon, but its been a long journey for him. Perhaps his Prime when it comes will have that enhancement?

Woopsie. Thanks for the history refresh, I edited that one out :P My point was exactly this. Excalibur is an up close fighter and needs the armor to survive, so it would only make sense Oberon, who is a Paladin, meaning he should be a tankier Warframe than average without being a complete tank himself, would have a close value, correct? So yeah. I always thought 225-250 base for Oberon and for the Prime something like 300 or a bit more would have been fine.

49 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Woopsie. Thanks for the history refresh, I edited that one out :P My point was exactly this. Excalibur is an up close fighter and needs the armor to survive, so it would only make sense Oberon, who is a Paladin, meaning he should be a tankier Warframe than average without being a complete tank himself, would have a close value, correct? So yeah. I always thought 225-250 base for Oberon and for the Prime something like 300 or a bit more would have been fine.

Totally agree to be honest.

went MOT to test.  around 20+ mins im getting 1-2 shot even with 300+ armor buff from renewal + steel fiber lel sure it was better than before but still the paladin cant even tank. and the problem that you and your teammates have to be in the HG to get the armor buffs is still there. oberon wont even get his own armor buff if you cast renewal in midair lmao :crylaugh:

9 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

I'm afraid that his kit is now going to be a case of 'bring energy pancakes. how many? ALL OF THEM.'

I run Energy Siphon on my Oberon as a general rule...and when I was testing last night in Survival runs, I found myself using far more energy than usual due to the need to almost constantly spam HG + Renewal to get armour buffs to keep everyone - including myself - alive. I seldom had enough energy to even get in the odd Reckoning cast. I'm now forced to throw in a 6th Forma so I can have Primed Flow slotted to try and make up for the increased energy use. The armor buff itself is nice - don't get me wrong - but the fact that I have to now cast two abilities to provide that buff is energy and time consuming and counterproductive.

With the massive nerf to Renewal's range, I can't do my job nearly as well as I used to - which is keeping my team alive and in the fight. Right now, Renewal is just a poor man's Blessing that only gets somewhat more useful if  you cast HG and someone's standing on it. Also, I'm not even sure if Renewal is providing extended bleedout durations anymore.

I feel that DE is trying very hard to force all players in a group to work very closely together, going from room to room in a tight cluster.

This rework is an improvement for the most part...but it really needs more tinkering. I understand they want more synergy, but it's requiring more work from us players to get the same benefits we had before in some cases.

Given Obie is my most used frame by a stupidly large margin:

First off: DE. I don't care if you do gymnastics and call this a 'soft rollout' or some other phrasing so it comes off as 'hey we did this halfway to get player feedback before doing final tweaks.' If you need to do that to salvage your pride so that will allow you to go through with the following. I don't care or mind. I'll pretend that was your intent all along.

I write this and will put everywhere I can so it will be seen, commented on, and hopefully not ignored, because what I find bad about this 'rework' is that it lacks very VERY minor tweaks to be great. As is Oberon just feels.... Lackluster. Literally we're THIS close to Oberon being something that graduates from 'me and about twenty other masochists love the guy and everyone else thinks he is trash' into 'oh hey Oberon. Not my bag but pretty decent.'

How I would salvage this without giving Oberon New Powers and with the concept that the 'current' rework is the basis everything has to hang off of?

Smite: Secondary Projectiles ignore armor, and the enemy hit with the primary orb has a 20% (base) armor strip.

Augment: Because Warframes health is laughable compared to enemy health? Have smite infusion's feeder orbs do 4x the damage if the initial target is a warframe/ally.

Hallowed Ground: Fix the visual so i can see where the stupid thing is. Do NOT restore armor bonuses/armor reduction. Instead give a damage reduction to any enemy on hallowed ground (base 30%, goes up to something like 50% with power strength.) To those that don't like stationary Hallowed Ground... I kinda disagree with your assertion, but I will concede a lot of people want this, so... I have a proposed compromise below.

However the big thing I'd want to add is any enemy that dies on hallowed ground gives oberon (regardless of where he is) and any ally on hallowed ground 5 energy. Enough to help with his new energy hungry nature (because constantly power cycling) but not enough to make him able to cast at will.

Augment: Change Hallowed Eruption (even though with the change to HG it now becomes a very viable augment for missions where you need to keep on the move) into an aura that gives HG's effects to allies within a 20 meter radius. 

This gives a.. decent little bit of range around Oberon, but not so much where allies can just wander off. It would still be a cast ability rather than channel, and you can obviously only have one up at a time. 

Renewal: Remove. The. Inverse. Relationship. With. Duration. For. HEALING. Make it so that the armor bonus happens if OBERON is on the hallowed ground rather than allies (meaning you cast renewal. game goes 'are you on hallowed ground? if Yes apply armor, if no do not apply armor.) I'm... Fine with removing bleedout reduction. I'd like it BACK mind you, but if it stays gone 'eh.' The big thing for me past fixing the duration issue (since the power Renewal wants to work with now depends on duration) is have the heal wave go out to max affinity range as a hard limit, and have range mods dictate speed of wave (this way you encourage oberon to stay kinda close to his team.)

Augment: Maybe it's just me but fix the inverse relationship renewal has with duration and this now becomes totally viable. It has a cooldown timer per ally it keeps going so it isn't a 'not dying ever' button if you act totally stupid, but it should give good breathing room.

Reckoning: Increase the base armor stripping, and add some shield stripping (not as much as armor strip.) The biggest problem isn't that Reckoning's damage is lackluster on higher level missions. It is that Reckoning's giving no utility. We have WEAPONS that deal damage. Reckoning having 'eh' damage is 'fine' if it had more utility going for it. With that said if Reckoning behaved like a scaled up Smite, and it flat out ignored armor, that would help a great deal, possibly enough so that Oberon would feel like a solid middle of the road 'little of everything done competently but standout at not much beyond maybe spreading radiation like candy.'

Augment: Have The Hallowed Reckoning drips give the same benefits for renewal that hallowed ground would give in addition to its current behavior.

Passive: This passive is actually pretty good. It does nothing for Sentinal users, or those going with nothing. HOWEVER to compensate i suggest it should stack (say you have more than one oberon in your squad. pets should get buffs from both as well as having one revive per oberon..

My reflections.

1. The scaling of smite is good but the projectiles that come from it are lacking due to how the scaling works.

Eg. Foe has 1k hp.
Smite has 20% hp scaling along with 10 projectiles.
20% of 1k is 200
200 between 10 projectiles is 20 additional damage.

20 damage is useless at latter levels...

Rather than splitting and splitting and splitting - apply that base to each projectile rather than dividing it.

Therefore, using the example above

Ability projectile damage + 200 damage scaled from 20% hp will be far more useful.

2. Hallowed ground has had a step up but still needs some tweaks considering the mobility of warframe.

Give it a 20m boost in range from 15m along with making is circle rather than cone.

A tap and hold function would do it the world of good to.

Tap - as it is now
Hold - apply a long lasting aura to self: perhaps 3-5x longer than the normal/tap hallowed ground

Both can be used in tandem.

3. Renewal has been given a buff in armour...which is a little iffy at times...and a nerf to range

I'll adress range first.

Let the range be increased by 50% if not a little more and speed be increased by power strength to get to allies quicker.

Armour.

The way the additional armour has been implemented seems off considering it is barely useful to either extremes - low and high armour but makes mid tier armour of some use but such frames are seen at occasion.

Much tweak to this.

Let it apply like a projective barrier - much like frost's ult augment.
Removing the timer from it for additional utility

2000 damage mitigation at base - scaled with strength mods.
For every foe that has a rad proc, gain 10% additional armour (potentially effected by str mods)

Eg. If 5 foes are rad proc'd when renewal is used on hallowed ground. 50% increase in armour bringing 2000 damage mitigation to 3000 damage mitigation

Whilst armour is 'worn' gain additional damage towards irradiated foes x% effected by str mods - this applies to abilities too

Gain x energy per second and y energy when you kill a rad proc'd foe

4. Gains additional damage from the armour of 3 in addition to the base damage increase against rad proc'd foes

When killing a foe with reckoning on hallowed ground - size and duration of hallowed ground is increased by x

Thank you.

I am going to type in bold because that is the only way I can control myself and not esplode. Please forgive me for the occasional upper case..

SMITE:

WHAT. What happened here? WHY.

You know as well as we do that having it just be a percentage of enemy health DOES NOT MAKE IT SCALE. THAT's NOT HOW IT WORKS. WE DO NOT GET lvl 10 enemies with lvl 100 enemies.

Please for the LOVE OF GOD, make it so that EACH orb takes scaling and adds it to its damage.

HALLOWED GROUND:

WHY WOULD YOU REMOVE THE ARMOR BUFF? WHY THE FORCED SYNERGIES?

What happened to the visuals? It's invisible! Why lose the armor buff? Because of Renewal? Why not let renewal add flat armor and Hallowed Ground multiply that value?

?????

Please bring back the armor buff from hallowed ground, and if possible, make it radial or move with Oberon. Please.

RENEWAL:

OH GOD OH GOD. WHERE DO I START?

WHY DID YOU KEEP THE INVERSE SCALING? WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE? DOES IT NOT WORK AGAINST THE ABILITY'S CURRENT DESIGN? WHY IS ITS RANGE SO PITIFUL? LESS HEALING AND LESS RANGE THAN TRINITY? WHY?

Why does the armor buff not apply from activation?

?????

Please remove the inverse scaling nonsense and make it either toggle or duration based. Increase range and speed of wave too, if you'd be so kind.

RECKONING:

IF YOU HAD TO STRIP ARMOR, WHY IS IT DONE IN PERCENTAGE OF CURRENT ARMOR? ASH CAN STRIP ALL ARMOR WITH HIS FIRST ABILITY WITH AN AUGMENT WITH LESS POWER-STRENGTH OBERON NEEDS TO DO A FRACTION. 

?????

IF YOU HAD TO GIVE ARMOR STRIPPING, WHY ONLY ON HALLOWED GROUND? DID IT NEVER OCCUR HOW UNWIELDY IT IS WITH THE SHAPE OF HG?

?????

WHY COULD YOU NOT GIVE THE DAMAGE BETTER SCALING THAN JUST 'DEALS BONUS WITH RAD PROC'?

?????

Please improve its damage scaling and make it so it strips a flat amount of armor without HG.

PASSIVE:

WHAT IS WITH THE PET THEME? WHAT PART OF 'PALADIN DRUID' SCREAMS POKEMON TRAINER TO YOU??

????????????

WHY WERE HIS BASE STATS NOT TOUCHED? WHY WAS HIS EHP NOT IMPROVED? WHY WAS HE MADE ENERGY INTENSIVE YET NOT GIVEN A WAY TO REGEN ENERGY? HAVE YOU GUYS USED HIM? HAVE YOU NOTICED ANY....I DON'T KNOW, ENERGY TROUBLES?

NO?

Just me then?

Ughhhhhh. I'm sorry, I don't get this mad. Why can't you guys do Oberon justice? I knew you were everntually going to have a dud after so many hits but this just hurts. Please go back to the drawing board and rethink this. Please?

Or someone tell me this is a test before they roll the actual changes with his PA, I don't know. I need something at this point. 

@Evanescent Judging by Rebecca's remark when she equipped Oberon on Prime Time, I'm pretty sure they have not touched him in a long while, let alone play him. It's like they took random "Oberon QoL/rework threads" and mix them all up in a grinder to release an abomination of a rework.

And yes, I have energy troubles. Synergy-based frames need more energy than that. Also imo Oberon can never be a Druid frame, namely because his freaking bundle is named PALADIN BUNDLE DE YOU DUN GOOFED!!!!!!!!!!!! 

.eJwFwVsOhCAMAMC7cACKvFq9DUGCRqUEavZjs3ffma96x602dYj0uQHs58w8dj2FR6pFV-Z6l9TPqTM_kERSPp7SZIJF6xAN4UrkY4gxgDO4UFzRWArkvPUO3nY1_jTdW1W_PwtmIvg.zVL-J2WiGuDGpQuWKkGdCJieVaI

29 minutes ago, LokiTheCondom said:

@Evanescent Judging by Rebecca's remark when she equipped Oberon on Prime Time, I'm pretty sure they have not touched him in a long while, let alone play him. It's like they took random "Oberon QoL/rework threads" and mix them all up in a grinder to release an abomination of a rework.

And yes, I have energy troubles. Synergy-based frames need more energy than that. Also imo Oberon can never be a Druid frame, namely because his freaking bundle is named PALADIN BUNDLE DE YOU DUN GOOFED!!!!!!!!!!!! 

.eJwFwVsOhCAMAMC7cACKvFq9DUGCRqUEavZjs3ffma96x602dYj0uQHs58w8dj2FR6pFV-Z6l9TPqTM_kERSPp7SZIJF6xAN4UrkY4gxgDO4UFzRWArkvPUO3nY1_jTdW1W_PwtmIvg.zVL-J2WiGuDGpQuWKkGdCJieVaI

How did they dun goofed?

10 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

3. Renewal needs to be affected by range mods, but this is not the big thing. THat's icing on the cake. THe meat and potatoes here is have renewal last longer when you have more duration. Hallowed Ground benefits from duration., and Renewal couples with smite. Don't make me have to try building a neg duration renewal to have phoenix renewal insurance. Having renewal as a long duration drip based off duration would mean trinity is your main healer. Oberon is the guy casting regen before the fight even starts so you can survive the thousand papercuts. There you go that gives them two distinct roles.

OK, to help you out here, currently renewal's range is based on duration, just like molecular prime. (Oh? you wanted to build a low-duration build in order to take advantage of phoenix renewal? Darn, that must suck huh.) However, I disagree with the notion that range should affect renewal, because renewal's range should be infinite. Just. Like. It. Was. The channeled effect and all that it entails is also, as I've said many times now, a ball and chain that oberon must drag behind him every time he uses it.

1 hour ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

OK, to help you out here, currently renewal's range is based on duration, just like molecular prime. (Oh? you wanted to build a low-duration build in order to take advantage of phoenix renewal? Darn, that must suck huh.) However, I disagree with the notion that range should affect renewal, because renewal's range should be infinite. Just. Like. It. Was. The channeled effect and all that it entails is also, as I've said many times now, a ball and chain that oberon must drag behind him every time he uses it.

My thinking is this. DE wants us to stay together as a group (otherwise why reduce Oberon's range?) DE wants a way to make sure oberon doens't have 'everything.' Fine... How do I go about doing this? Fixed Range, and Range Mods increase or decrease the speed of the heal wave. This is iven also under the idea DE removed the inverse duration relationship so Renewal heals for a fixed amount modified by power strength, and duration allows it to keep the heal drip going for longer. Having it go 'oh you have 200% duration? That's twice as much time for a drip heal against chip damage.

2 hours ago, LokiTheCondom said:

It's like they took random "Oberon QoL/rework threads" and mix them all up in a grinder to release an abomination of a rework.

Essentially what happened the first time he was looked at, honestly. This point, it's starting to feel like they don't want to bother when it comes to Oberon.

I don't mean to be harsh, just how it feels right now.

Between Smite being outright broken now, compared to the solid and reliable 1 it used to be, the fact Renewal has so many things that rely on it having up time yet it's still hampered by Positive Duration thanks to the Inverse scaling mechanic, and the fact his Passive has absolutely no correlation whatsoever with his kit still...it's painful. Hallowed Ground lost the Armour Buff to move it to a 'Synergy' on Renewal, yet was this really necessary?

As it stands, I must ask: What is the problem DE is facing in reviewing Oberon to make him actually worth picking up? Or is it simply throwing things out and leaving it there, in reticence of doing the hard look that he genuinely needs? Especially with how heavily cluttered his abilities are becoming, with mounds of things that just...don't gel together all that well.

Alas, at this point I'm suspecting that Oberon's going to be considered 'fine' and ignored again at this rate, even if it's blatantly untrue.

Apologies for going on, as always, and for possibly stepping over the line. Considering Oberon's my favourite frame, I must admit that despite my attempt to avoid getting my hopes up...I'm still disappointed with how things are playing out currently. Something like Frost's Rework, I'd have liked that. Right now...the jokes continue a pace it feels.