The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Element is Best?

Darizuka

16 hours ago, Duavey said:

Corrosive. Armor strip, decent against most factions.

Corrosive + Cold combo is good for just about everything.

This is best, Corrosive vs ferrite armor, and cold vs shields and alloy armor.

Edited by Andaius

If we are talking base elements, I prefer toxin damage if it is a physical damage weapon. Heat is just generally good against flesh and cold can slow enemies and the status effects they have. Electric is nice stun if you can get it to proc regularly and toxin is amasing for ignoring shields which I hate.

There's nothing better than being in a Corpus sortie with enhanced shields while shredding the enemies in one shot, ignoring their 'enhanced' shield.

This came up before and if you're always only ever going to use the same build against all enemy types,  the "least bad combo" *(there is no "best") is Radiation+Cold.

It's certainly not ideal, but you can get by with it for a while if you really try I guess.

Armor scaling could be a problem, but the combo is strong against some of the most dangerous enemies and the Rad proc is useful there as well.

Cold isn't great damage but the proc slows enemies. 

That said both of those are weak against Ancients. So I'd recommend backing that up with a Slash+Corrosive/Heat weapon there. 

23 hours ago, Cranial_Enigma said:

Until armor is changed corrosive is the best, unless you are running 4 CPs in your squad, then slash becomes the best.

This only really applies to endurance runs. If you need 1 - 4 cps or a full corrosive status build to hit 40-60 minutes in survival or the equivalent length of another endless type you need to check your build and or forma more. Considering a large chunk of players don't go beyond that point without knowing they plan to this is bad advice.

5 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

This only really applies to endurance runs. If you need 1 - 4 cps or a full corrosive status build to hit 40-60 minutes in survival or the equivalent length of another endless type you need to check your build and or forma more. Considering a large chunk of players don't go beyond that point without knowing they plan to this is bad advice.

Plus there is Shattering Impact which is better than CP technically speaking since it removes base armor which is what their armor scales off of.(Though using them together is still nice)

Corrosive + Heat for everything because I'm too lazy to change elements. But really these days every faction has some form of armor so it works against pretty much everything. 

Corrosive + Cold is the better all around elementals but heat gets rid of dead bodies faster. I don't like my corpses flailing their arms in slow-mo.

Lol I'm one of the people that looks at weapon and uses the elements that the weapons main stat can't well on. I use my galatine prime, with radiation and toxin just for the fact that radiation rips bombards in two and toxin bypasses corpus shields along with those elements helping my galatine damage anything it normally hits more or less well on.

Usually the answer you're looking for are in builds that are optimal. but it depends on what you want to do.

4 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Water is the best element but video game devs often ignore that fact.

It has the ability to corrode just about anything and with high enough pressures either crush or penetrate anything. Not to mention it is the most resilient and toughest element to fight against, imo just try punching water, and do not fall high from water it will act like solid rock and you'll just splat onto a liquid.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:19 AM, Baterial said:

Viral coz cutting half of enemy's hp is very usefull

This is what would say. Weapons with high chance to proc, I like to equip with both viral and slash, viral to halve health and slash to cause bleed.

7 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Water is the best element but video game devs often ignore that fact.

2 hours ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

It has the ability to corrode just about anything and with high enough pressures either crush or penetrate anything. Not to mention it is the most resilient and toughest element to fight against, imo just try punching water, and do not fall high from water it will act like solid rock and you'll just splat onto a liquid.

Image result for waterbender gif

skadoosh!

If only Hydroid could... =p

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, Carnage2K4 said:

I think Gas is the best 'all-round' element to my understanding, but then each faction has a specific element they are susceptible to.

Didn't gas get nerfed or will be nerfed?

Anyway I don't think there is one best element in this game, depends on the faction and what kind of enemies the faction holds. Corpus you typically go with magnetic/toxin, Corrupted mostly corrosive/heat, Infested Corrosive/heat or corrosive/blast, Grineer for me radiation/toxin but the lesser units are weaker to corrosive/heat. Hell if you got 4 corrosive projections vs Grineer or Corrupted you can use a viral build.

For the late game and high levels Viral, Slash and Corrosive are your friends. Viral cuts health in half, and Slash is effective against everything. Corrosive is a great way fight rapid Armor scaling, but I find it falls off very quickly against enemies with shielding. For them (and only them), Magnetic is pretty effective.