Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scalability suggestion

DoctorWild

So scalability in warframe is a huge problem, the problem is that players with highlevel equipment can enter the game of new players, taking all the fun from them and ruining the new experience in the game, veteran/high mastery players are obligated to enter these low level mission cause they need some scan, resources or other things.

My suggestion: The idea would be that everyone when they enter a new mission would do almost the same damage, how to do that?

First for my idea, there should be a indicator for real level, how much damage you can do, the old definition of "conclave" showed the level of equipment a player had. My suggestion would be to add the max "conclave" possible for a player, you can increase it from wearing high mastery weapon + high "conclave rating" mods, the game will memorize the highest "conclave" reached. Upgrading a mod will increase its "conclave rate", as for a highlevel weapon and using a focus class.

Now that we have this indicator, I would suggest to give the player the option to play the game in two modalities: scaled and not. The not scaled mod, will start at the level that the starchart indicate, as it is now, it won't change. Scaled modality, will cause the game to scale in function of the host's level, which will spawn higher level unit and more rare mobs (like maniacs, nullifiers, miniboss, eximus), however the problem is that all the players should do damage on the scale of the host, my idea would be to buff or debuff the other players in the party. With that metod, I hope that if someone enter the scaled game of a mastery rank 1 player, it wouldn't be possible to ruin his fun, cause everyone in the party would have the same difficulty to take down units.

The reward? All missions can be start at a high level, which would reward more affinity, drops... and maybe more fun for everyone.

This suggestion maybe have some holes, in it, I realy didn't look for all the problem in this idea, but I thought it was something that we needed, easy to implement.

Give me your feedback please, i know that it is a bit long and not realy easy to understand.

Edited by DoctorWild

7 minutes ago, DoctorWild said:

stuff

Have you ever tried public on the whole starchart? If not I will tell you, you almost get no parties except on famous relic farm places or XP places, putting a MM to that would further increase the lack of parties on 95% of the nodes.

Also do you really think DE will put a system in place to destroy what they've been trying so hard to accomplish? DE tried to nerfed any efficient XP farm and lets not even start with increasing the drops? (remember hema research? It is raining in the derelict). This is a grind game get used to it.

I would be in favor of a starchart NM, where you get harder missions but better loot, but the better loot part will never happen sadly

interesting idea, but I dont think it would make most high level players happy. And to a certain point, it wouldnt change much. Sure, exterminate and defense may be more fun for rookies, but what about rescue, capture or spy? missions where damage dealt can be kept at a minimum? vets would have an inherent advantage: they simply know how to do things faster cuz they've been doing them for a while.