Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vasto prime is literally a bad Pandero

Netzwerkfehler

Both weapons are very similar in terms of feeling and supplemental stats.

Unfortunately vasto has less base damage, crit chance, crit damage and no fan the hammer.

Right now pandero feels like a "prisma vasto prime". I think the prime version should be more powerful. It would be nice if old prime weapons would get adjusted. Especially when a new weapon gets released that is literally the same as an existing weapon.

welcome to the world of powercreep I guess, new things have to be at least as strong as currently existing weapons in order to have people pay attention to them. But you're not wrong about our poor vasto prime, it never really was the strongest weapon, it always lived in the shadows of secondaries like the lex prime or marelok. But now, it isn't even the best revolver-like pistol anymore. maybe DE will revamp the secondary weapons like they did the primaries a while back.

I feel like the Pandero is the actual original Prime weapon and the Vasto Prime is a misnamed and miscolored Vandal variant descendant weapon at this point.

Spoiler

So just rename this Pandero Prime
0BB8C770E63ECDC9B4A88E4050954231412DB150 (1680×1050)

And this Vasto Vandal
C4B2A398BE4B8A310E84F208F058FDC8B1605751 (1680×1050)

and problem solved!

=p

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Pandero is what the vasto prime should have been. Vasto Prime is barely viable without a riven.

I concur.

But Vasto Prime with a Riven in my opinion beats Pandering.

I'm just hoping the Pandering is what gives DE the push to finally release AkVasto Prime variant.

3 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

I concur.

But Vasto Prime with a Riven in my opinion beats Pandering.

I'm just hoping the Pandering is what gives DE the push to finally release AkVasto Prime variant.

But then you can get a riven for the Pandero and once again have it beat out the Vasto Prime. 

Worst part is, I've seen some pretty crazy Pandero rivens..... 

1 hour ago, KX297 said:

But then you can get a riven for the Pandero and once again have it beat out the Vasto Prime. 

Worst part is, I've seen some pretty crazy Pandero rivens..... 

I've seen stronger Vasto Rivens than Pandero Rivens on PS4

I thought Pandero was weaker disposition and would only get weaker since People seem to be using it more and more...

I have a riven with 179 dmg and 80 multi plus 30 dmg to corpus for Pandero. If it didnt have the corpus dmg and a negative we would talking about something in the 200s dmg, so the disposition on the pandero is quite good.

Also Vasto is not only weaker but it doesnt have that SWEET secondary fire that Pandero has. It does so much dmg that Im using Steady Hands on it just to use the secondary fire all the tme.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

I have a riven with 179 dmg and 80 multi plus 30 dmg to corpus for Pandero. If it didnt have the corpus dmg and a negative we would talking about something in the 200s dmg, so the disposition on the pandero is quite good.

Also Vasto is not only weaker but it doesnt have that SWEET secondary fire that Pandero has. It does so much dmg that Im using Steady Hands on it just to use the secondary fire all the tme.

Yeah that Secondary fire, in my opinion is what makes the Pandero amazing as a 'pseudo-shotgun'

Instead of steady-hands, I have just been stacking more Fire-rate as it seems the 'Burst' happens faster than  me needing to control recoil.

My Vasto riven is +Damage, +Reload Speed, + Multishot, -Damage to Infested

I think reload is now .4 (Reload feels more like a blankjam was fired in between shots)

I don't have a Pandero Riven yet. I do however have a nice AkVasto Riven +Damage+Crit damage+Multi-shot -Damage to Corpus (Hoping AkVasto Prime comes on the future with disposition left as-is)*

@OP

Don't you mean the Pandero is an overpowered Vasto Prime? Because, you know, the Vasto Prime came out BEFORE the Pandero.

At any rate, I'd agree that Vastos are very much the victim of Power Creep in the form of the Pandero. Granted, the Pandero is a heavy caliber revolver that fires a larger bullet and carries more rounds than the Vastos, but still...would be nice to not have the Vastos - Prime included - not be completely eclipsed.

3 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Yeah that Secondary fire, in my opinion is what makes the Pandero amazing as a 'pseudo-shotgun'

Instead of steady-hands, I have just been stacking more Fire-rate as it seems the 'Burst' happens faster than  me needing to control recoil.

My Vasto riven is +Damage, +Reload Speed, + Multishot, -Damage to Infested

I think reload is now .4 (Reload feels more like a blankjam was fired in between shots)

I don't have a Pandero Riven yet. I do however have a nice AkVasto Riven +Damage+Crit damage+Multi-shot -Damage to Corpus (Hoping AkVasto Prime comes on the future with disposition left as-is)*

Wow, you gave a nice idea. Maybe if I invest in fire rate, it will shoot faster than it is capable to recoil. I will try it tonight.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

aside from whatever people are going to say here - objectively, it's the other way round.
Vasto Prime is a very competent Weapon inside it's mixed Slash Crit/Status theme, it's a competent Weapon vs Lv100 Armored Enemies.

Pandero is a direct upgrade to Vasto Prime, not Vasto Prime is a worse version of Pandero.
the problem is that Pandero is direct Powercreep on an already good, but still balanced Weapon. Pandero shouldn't be taking the same mixed Slash Crit/Status role that Vasto Prime has. Pandero should separate from this and have it's Stats be not quite as too good to be true. Crit Chance more appropriate at ~22.5%, and then from there lose 1/3 of things. Vasto Prime does Slash Crit/Status, so pick one of the three to lose so that it fills a different role from Vasto Prime.

why am i making this distinction? because the way you wrote it implies that Vasto Prime is bad - but objectively it is not.
by large this won't be something people will agree with, but too bad - facts are facts and they don't have emotions. stop mixing your emotions with facts.

• 1 month later...
On 25/04/2017 at 7:08 PM, Momaw said:

In an ideal world, Pandero wouldn't have been introduced with stats that directly replace an existing weapon.   Adjusting every old weapon to the level of newly introduced ones is how you get power creep.

Then again, when the community has a fundamentalist and irracional hate to nerfs, it's better to just buff the old, than doing nothing at all. At least that way, no one is reduced to see their favorite gun being outclassed. 

Edited by tnccs215

• 2 weeks later...

honestly? i think the Vasto prime needs a bit of love(my loki loves it, it goes with his sheriff's badge.) it's decent as a status gun(ROF means nothing when the gun fires as fast as you can pull the trigger) I proc slash and the like reliably.....the pandero tho.....is just a monster......with it's alt.

without it's alt i think it'd actually be weaker in comparison unless i'm missing something.....so don't quote me on that.