Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

annoyance of the regional chat

maddragonmaster

is it just me or is regional chat getting more and more irritating by the day. random invites, chidlren thinking thier meme/joke is funny when it is not (especially when they are spaming the fudge out of it), and people who think plat can be gotten 100% free.  honestly terrible player bases can be one of the main factors that can drive a game down to the ground. i am pretty sure of it

That about sums up every existing community out there but it doesn't mean it will destroy a game. What gave you that idea, anyway? Instead of avoiding that which annoys you, you instead tell us it's an issue that is going to end a game - just like that? Only if you let it end your enjoyment of the game, which is rather odd to say the least. Like I said: avoid it, if it's so concerning to you.

3 minutes ago, JRMC said:

That about sums up every existing community out there but it doesn't mean it will destroy a game. What gave you that idea, anyway? Instead of avoiding that which annoys you, you instead tell us it's an issue that is going to end a game - just like that? Only if you let it end your enjoyment of the game, which is rather odd to say the least. Like I said: avoid it, if it's so concerning to you.

oh there was plenty of people complaining about the spam that happen not too long ago.

also don't have much people in clan. dont know if we still have a alliance. honestly if they could make channels for their chat and limit the ammount of players in it by an agreeable ammount i would have less trouble

Edited by maddragonmaster

I used region chat a single time and switched it off. I assume, because there's not a few thousand people in it at all times, mostly everyone else does the same thing.

A chat with irritating or flat stupid people won't kill a game. 

Honestly, I recommend turning it off and sticking to clan chat if you need a chat up (which I personally do). My clan makes this game 200% better, even when it's a bit on the quiet side.

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

I used region chat a single time and switched it off. I assume, because there's not a few thousand people in it at all times, mostly everyone else does the same thing.

A chat with irritating or flat stupid people won't kill a game. 

Honestly, I recommend turning it off and sticking to clan chat if you need a chat up (which I personally do). My clan makes this game 200% better, even when it's a bit on the quiet side.

i wish for the ability to create a chat channel that way i can look for a chat channel i can feel more comfortable in. and it can kill the game it is just really rare probably. and i am also calming down now that i have burned through the frustration by talking about it.

Depends on your server and play time.  I noticed that during "normal" play times for the West Coast, you get a lot of what the OP is complaining about, but the later it gets, the more mellow things get.

But, yes, it would be nice if there was a "Players Helping Players" chat as well as "General Region" for the Warframe personalities to reside in. 

1 minute ago, maddragonmaster said:

i wish for the ability to create a chat channel that way i can look for a chat channel i can feel more comfortable in. and it can kill the game it is just really rare probably. and i am also calming down now that i have burned through the frustration by talking about it.

Well good. It's certainly nothing worth getting worked up about. 

But I have never heard of a game where the regional chat literally made everyone stop playing and caused the game to die. Especially not in games where the regional chat can be turned off permanently in the "Chat" section in the Options menu. Don't get me wrong, it's a fairly undesirable thing, but it won't kill Warframe. Too many people turn off region chat for that to happen.

9 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Well good. It's certainly nothing worth getting worked up about. 

But I have never heard of a game where the regional chat literally made everyone stop playing and caused the game to die. Especially not in games where the regional chat can be turned off permanently in the "Chat" section in the Options menu. Don't get me wrong, it's a fairly undesirable thing, but it won't kill Warframe. Too many people turn off region chat for that to happen.

we i was including the chat as a key factor in it. was just saying a game getting a over flow in overall irritating players can case out the decent and good kind of players and then the irritating players just leave because they are bored. but it could be just me being a pessimist about it and trying to find and excuse for the whole to stop much quicker. and it might also by my anxiety plus caffeine fueling the rant.

Edited by maddragonmaster

Region chat is filled with immature memers and spammers while the forums are filled with people who want to censor anything they don't agree with :^)

But in all seriousness, if you find it irritating, DE gave you the option to turn it off for a reason. And frankly, region chat has always been like that, especially in the afternoon but it does get more chill at night.

Also, a game isn't going to fail just because there are "terrible players" chatting up a storm. There are games that literally have other players telling each other to "kys" and they're doing just fine.

46 minutes ago, (Xbox One)SHOCKDESTROYER0 said:

Spams may not be acceptable. But let the talk how they need to talk everyone has there rights to make conversation.

just because they have the right to do it doesn't mean they should always act like it. would they honestly act like that in actual life? not really or they would end up making themselfs look like a fool and pretty much get the crap kicked out of them.  though i know you can find people like that in really life being relatively a pest it is a whole lot see frequent. just because it is internet and they think they can be the most rudest  person online doesn't mean they should do it.

1 hour ago, DaftMeat said:

Region.jpg

:thumbup:

honestly i know of the feature but that doesn't help the problem. it drives me nuts when i am just playing a game without talking to and i barely have anyone in clan chat and i dont bother with alliance chat because i am unsure of it. and then there is the fact i absolutely hate trade chat moving a mile a millisecond. so please don't recomand a thing that makes the game too quiet (sort to speak) for me. i put this in the place it is because of the fact it is not the games fault it is the player bases fault to not have control themselves. spouting all sorts of ill manner things.

23 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

Region chat is filled with immature memers and spammers while the forums are filled with people who want to censor anything they don't agree with :^)

But in all seriousness, if you find it irritating, DE gave you the option to turn it off for a reason. And frankly, region chat has always been like that, especially in the afternoon but it does get more chill at night.

Also, a game isn't going to fail just because there are "terrible players" chatting up a storm. There are games that literally have other players telling each other to "kys" and they're doing just fine.

again i know of the turn the chat off feature you don't have to repeat the same f'n thing as the last person said. it seriously bothers me just as much as the immature people in regional chat.  look at the few other  comments in this form almost all of them has mention this.

1 minute ago, maddragonmaster said:

just because they have the right to do it doesn't mean they should always act like it. would they honestly act like that in actual life? not really or they would end up making themselfs look like a fool and pretty much get the crap kicked out of them.  though i know you can find people like that in really life being relatively a pest it is a whole lot see frequent. just because it is internet and they think they can be the most rudest  person online doesn't mean they should do it.

honestly i know of the feature but that doesn't help the problem. it drives me nuts when i am just playing a game without talking to and i barely have anyone in clan chat and i dont bother with alliance chat because i am unsure of it. and then there is the fact i absolutely hate trade chat moving a mile a millisecond. so please don't recomand a thing that makes the game too quiet (sort to speak) for me. i put this in the place it is because of the fact it is not the games fault it is the player bases fault to not have control themselves. spouting all sorts of ill manner things.

again i know of the turn the chat off feature you don't have to repeat the same f'n thing as the last person said. it seriously bothers me just as much as the immature people in regional chat.  look at the few other  comments in this form almost all of them has mention this.

Then I wish you luck in your endeavor to control how countless anonymous people interact on a public forum so as to make their input acceptable to you.

Honestly, the world would be so much more tolerable if people just did whatever we wanted them to do.

On 4/25/2017 at 11:41 PM, DaftMeat said:

Then I wish you luck in your endeavor to control how countless anonymous people interact on a public forum so as to make their input acceptable to you.

Honestly, the world would be so much more tolerable if people just did whatever we wanted them to do.

well after looking at what the they plan for trade chat i think this issue may be solved if they include it into regional chat.