Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara or mesa

(PSN)Nightsplit

Question

12 answers to this question

i ssuggest you dont buy both.

mesa you can get the nav coordinate easily at ODD. I am not kidding, every 20 wave sure have 1 guaranteed.

then you jsut need to LF> mesa hunt to share the nav code. That way you save alot of time.

the best method is, go fidn a friend or clan and do it in 4 man team. So is like every ODD 20 wave, each of you got 1 key. Then keep repeating till you got all the parts.

Ivara is more tricky where you need to do alot of spy missions. some people take 20 tries some take 60 or more. ( thanks to RNG).

The part drop is based on the level of the spy

1- 15 system

16-25 chasis

26 - 35 blueprint / neuropatics ( this is where it become a pain )

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ivara

I do Syndicate missions every once in a while so for me Ivara was super easy to get. I literally made no effort at all. Took about a week but no effort.

Mesa on the other hand requires that you grind coords, buy them from players and/or find players to share runs with. Even then you're subject to RNG.

I found Mesa to be the most annoying farm in the game, just slightly worse than Equinox.

Both frames are powerful, esp for a newer player. Mesa can dish out around 250-300k DPS with her peacemaker and she's very tanky against gunfire. She's however very weak against AoE damage. Ivara is immortal through stealth and can deal decent damage though nothing like peacemaker. She can also one-shot single target enemies with a dagger.

Get Ivara i'd say. She is significantly more grindy to get than Mesa.

You can passively farm the alad v nav coordinates by doing something like derelict survival if you are in a clan that actively farms mutagen for the Hema research. You can also just do the invasions that offer the nav coordinates as a reward and just let them stack until you have enough to make as many keys as you think you may need.

Another option would be to ask friends or clan members that have mesa already if they have any coordinates they could spare.

Typically a keyshare with people who have multiple keys is an efficient way of farming mesa, but if you feel as if you have enough keys to try it solo, then your ivara could just trivialize the encounter with the Mutalist Alad V by having a high duration on your prowl and using a nicely built bow, or artemis bow, to take him out when he enters his vulnerable stage.

It took me about 6 solo runs with my ivara to get all of the parts for mesa.

However, if you are good with spy runs and don't mind farming them then I would suggest Mesa, but if you absolutely hate them I would go with ivara.

Oh, and if you do get ivara, get the infiltrate augment as it makes spy missions a tad easier. One thing to consider is if you do get ivara, spy missions really become a good source of extra plat when using her to farm them because it just makes things much easier for those who have a difficult time doing them.

Edited by (XB1)ITDeveloping

Mesa for sure. It's a real chore to farm coordinates, it has a chance to drop every 15w in ODD, but it's not guaranteed and you need 3 of each to build one key, which takes 1 hour.

Ivara is really easy once you know which mission is which tier of spy. I would advise to go for Corpus Spy vaults, they are way easier than Grineer  ones in my opinion, mostly because you only have to deal with cameras most of the time. Once you get the hang of them and know where the shortcuts are for each vault, you`ll be doing a spy misison in 3-4 minutes.