Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem Riven reward

So I found out after completing the Octavia's anthem quest that the reward would be a riven if I already owned Octavia. Because I prefer to farm out warframes, this doesn't seem fair from my point of view to give players who pay for new warframes a riven while those who don't pay will only get Octavia's blueprint. I believe that it would only be fair for all players who complete the questline to get a secondary riven. I've always felt that the game was meant to be played legitimately and people were supposed to farm things out like new warframes. It feels like you are rewarding people for paying their way to get Octavia and that you are punishing people for farming her out legitimately and trying to enjoy her questline. I just want you to know that I feel cheated as a longtime member of the community and that I would at least appreciate it if this type of two-sided reward system was avoided in the future, or if players who completed the quest for the blueprint were also rewarded a riven mod. Thanks for your time.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)LilacSkyline said:

Because I prefer to farm out warframes, this doesn't seem fair from my point of view

I can assure you this point was brought up several times when it first happened on PC.  Zero response from DE.

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)LilacSkyline said:

the game was meant to be played legitimately and people were supposed to farm things out like new warframes.

While I personally agree with this and consider buying frames and weapons as a kind of cheat or 'taking the easy route', others will vehemently disagree.  It is a huge can of worms I can promise you don't want to open.

DE isn't going to consider paying as not being a legitimate way to play the game, nor are many players.  There are more than a few ways where paying plat is the best way to avoid timewalls, but there are also plenty of areas where everyone has to do the grind equally.

Again, I am also salty as hell that because I preferred to do the quest and not waste plat on getting items I could easily obtain with a little time and effort, I failed to get a somewhat useful reward out of the deal.

But keep in mind it is mostly a choice and platinum is tradeable so these types of concerns will quickly fall on deaf ears.

In short, whether they do this sort of reward again in the future remains to be seen but I don't doubt DE considers it perfectly acceptable to reward plat users.

Though technically using plat really is its own reward, avoiding the grind of parts, waiting for build times and not requiring resources or MR locks.

All I can say is, oh well.

IMO the reason they did this is as follows:

Warframe is a free to play MMO. That being said, if no one pays money for anything, the game dies.
They want players to have early access and the option to acquire Warframes via this route both to complement any pay to win players and fill their paychecks.

Previously to the riven reward, if you bought Octavia, you would have no reason nor incentive to actually complete the quest. That's no fun.

TBH I'm not following your frustration. I completed the quest for Octavia in 3 days after her release. If all players got a riven even with or w/o Octavia, they just wouldn't give out a riven reward

Not at all, this is simply to make players feel that if they purchased the frame, that there is still a point to the quest. It is an incentive to engage with the quest and story of the game.

Remember, frame prices are pretty high on the market. Primes, even vaulted ones can go for less. So giving them like 30p worth of a veiled riven, on the condition that they do the quest doesn't seem very unfair.

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

Not at all, this is simply to make players feel that if they purchased the frame, that there is still a point to the quest. It is an incentive to engage with the quest and story of the game.

Remember, frame prices are pretty high on the market. Primes, even vaulted ones can go for less. So giving them like 30p worth of a veiled riven, on the condition that they do the quest doesn't seem very unfair.

Nailed it.