Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.3.0

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes: 

• Bursas will now drop the items from their 'hacked' drop tables immediately after being hacked rather than when they die after being hacked so that players do not need to stick around until their life timer expires.
  • Kuva Siphon missions must now be fully completed to earn any Kuva from it.

Fixes: 

• Fixed missing sound on Chroma’s Noble animation idle.

Nice change on the Bursas since they'll spawn at the end of some Defense missions and the mission ends immediately when they die so if you did bother to hack them you wouldn't be able to pick up the loot that might drop.

Also mostly people didn't seem interested in hacking them or sticking around long enough for them to die after in other missions, so yay, even better now! Woot.

re: Kuva Siphons... i guess I am glad to say that I didn't even know this was a problem? So already working as intended ;-)

re; Chroma -  so is this Chroma Noble sound animaiton going to alert enemies and break stealth now then? =p

Biggest problem with Oberon has been his stats more so than his powers. Very disappointed I don't see the health and armor buffs he's needed to balance out having powers that are largely supplemental to a tank style game play since the radiation proc offers no guarantee of crowd control and his heal is more of a supporting heal than a main heal. Maybe these changes negate his need for greater defensive stats, but I'm not very optimistic about it.

Edited by Ceryk

So I love the rework for Oberon...
or at least mostly.
Can someone explain why his heal duration runs inversely from duration? It's incredibly counterproductive, and synergizes terribly with phoenix renewal (probably the reason, honestly). Every other skill (other than his 1 obviously) scales positively off of duration, even the shield timer on renewal does. As cool as the shield thing is, maybe it should be an augment to let Oberon use a longer heal without him being too tanky. Letting both scale upward on duration while making it take an extra mod slot would be a pretty fair trade-off. 
-OR-
It'd be great to just change his 4's augment to be the shield mechanic from renewal, but activating upon enemies being effected by reckoning. The current augment, Hallowed Reckoning is pretty obsolete as it stands with renewal's shield buff, and this would fix everything quite nicely.

4 minutes ago, Fluffysbeans said:

So I love the rework for Oberon...
or at least mostly.
Can someone explain why his heal duration runs inversely from duration? It's incredibly counterproductive, and synergizes terribly with phoenix renewal (probably the reason, honestly). Every other skill (other than his 1 obviously) scales positively off of duration, even the shield timer on renewal does. As cool as the shield thing is, maybe it should be an augment to let Oberon use a longer heal without him being too tanky. Letting both scale upward on duration while making it take an extra mod slot would be a pretty fair trade-off. 
-OR-
It'd be great to just change his 4's augment to be the shield mechanic from renewal, but activating upon enemies being effected by reckoning. The current augment, Hallowed Reckoning is pretty obsolete as it stands with renewal's shield buff, and this would fix everything quite nicely.

Also in order to increase renewals power duration you need to go -power strength... which nerfs like everything else.......... idk bro.

3 minutes ago, xPhantomStranga said:

Also in order to increase renewals power duration you need to go -power strength... which nerfs like everything else.......... idk bro.

I kinda get it so that you can activate a longer shield buff quicker, but for those who want his other skills usable with a longer heal duration, it kinda sucks.

4 minutes ago, EarthBody said:

I'm f***ing pissed. My favorite warframe gets the a passive that benefits the things i hate the most, kubrows and kavats. was hoping he'd get an actual new passive with the changes. (drowns in a sea of salt)

2 minutes ago, Turtlemancer said:

please be kidding.

Right?!

It went from almost entirely useless to a reason to consider taking a Kubrow or Kavat as his sidekick.

I like it.

My Oberon will now occasionally be accompanied by his Hunting Hound. 

DE, if we ever change his passive again, could it be so that he could equip 2 Kubrows at once?! haha 

Unleash the Hounds, set loose The Hunt!

~R~

If that weirdly-worded note about Kuva actually is some weird way of saying "Smeeta buff doesn't affect Kuva anymore" then wow. I guessed DE was going to nerf Smeeta to go with the proposed Oberon passive, but if you guys changed that passive and then went ahead nerfing Smeeta anyway then I don't know what to say. "Good job getting rid of the literally only remaining use for active companions"? I guess that works.

Can you guys make it so you can see alerts for places you don't have unlocked again?

Seeing the events in places I don't have unlocked but might want to get the treasure for during that limited time incentivizes exploration, the carrot on the stick so to speak. Without that carrot I really don't have any real reason to expand outside of my regular, slow pace.