Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.3.0

[DE]Megan

The oberon rework was good, Not amazing but it was still an improvement to him, thank you DE but i have some things i would like to ask if it would be possible to make him even better but not necessarily overpowered or stronger, just more useful.

Iiwould prefer if the passive for oberon was a certain % of damage dealt to enemies was converted to health for nearby allies (including sentinals/pets)

Instead of the hallowed ground having the mechanic it does with his 4 (armor buff) maybe have it with similar mechanic as to hydroids puddle augment, drain some energy but give health.
If these were applied i beleive he would be more used and people would have a greater reason to use him other than his amazing crowd control with his 4.
thank you

@[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Smite 

• Damage from projectiles emitted from the enemy scales based on enemy level. Projectile damage spreads across all projectiles and is affected by Mods.

Smite seems bugged, the projectiles do WAAYYY less dmg than they used to. I'm talking about 2-3 dmg vs level 10s with 299 power strength and about 300 vs level 145...

Maybe it's not scaling with mods like it should? Only doing the scaling dmg and not including the base dmg?

I dunno but this is pretty important as smite is his bread and butter dmg dealing skill.

2 hours ago, Ourenquellius said:

Nice now we need a mag rework too as she is useless her skills have almust no dmg and are very slow compared too all the other frames

wtf lmao, mag can do more damage then almost every frame , wow you seriously have no clue how to use mag do you :)

after using oberon for past 2 hrs im finding his rework not that great at all, the smite seems very lacking in damage, actually seems old smite did more tbh, and not only that the smite doesn't seem to knock them over or radiate most of them either, maybe DE just rushed it and hes not working correctly? or maybe this just 1 more example of DE rushing S#&$ out and then changing it and patching it after they notice how fkd up there own work is...

and then there's reckoning which does more damage them limbo rift bomb does, lets see how long til that is nerfed...

Edited by xXHobbitXx

Only thing I don't get is why Renewal had to be changed to a wave. This is essentially a nerf because now he doesn't have infinite range for healing, which was one thing that made him stand out from other healers, especially once Trinity's Blessing range was limited.

Ok, I want to test Oberon before I make any decisions on how good or bad he is. But I have one huge problem, his passive. I understand that you want people to be using more pets, but PETS DO NOT HAVE VACUUM! I dont want to be going into a mission with a dog or cat EVER because it doesn't have vacuum on it. So, please, either add vacuum to dogs and cats, or add it to warframes. Adding vacuum to warframes allows a much larger variety of companions brought into missions because of their different perks. Also, if you add vacuum to warframes, no will ever have to worry about losing it because your companion died and cannot get it back for the rest of the mission. Also, to make everyone happy, add a toggle somewhere in the options menu or in the arsenal menu to turn vacuum on and off, please.  

Edited by MrRobot901

I'm sure this is being fixed, but the Smite rework completely nerfed it into the ground. I've played oberon for the past 2 years and not only is the initial strike doing 1/3 the old base damage of my smite but all the additional orbs are litterally doing 1-3 damage even with Smeeta red crit buff its still 1-3 damage. Clearly this is a bug... and I'm sure'll be fixed.

Side note, the new passive is worse then the old passive... I see what you were trying to do but and i guess its better then nothing. I'm assuming your thought proccess was this is a frame people get early in leveling and at the same time haven't nailed formaing compainions and i understand how that could be useful for new players. However you've litterally increased pet health on a healer... whom can and should be healing their pets normally. His old passive which was useless agaisnt every faction but grineer was EXCEEDINGLY HELPFUL when dealing with grineer and their flame throwers. I get you can't please everyone but atleast oberon could use a sentinel and still have a passive that does "something" sometimes. Now however if i don't use a compainion i get nothing, even chroma's "passive" atleast gives him an option and doesn't limit him to only 1 type of load out. In the prime time it was brought up the new passive "might be" compainion skill cooldown lowering, which still limits me to using compainion only but atleast it was rewarding; a trade off from vaccume for better RNG. 

Hopefully smite will be fix, even with the passive problems everything else seems very good i'm glad you didn't add or remove any skills. I wont even have to reforma, for that i thank you.

5 minutes ago, Nirune said:

Side note, the new passive is worse then the old passive... His old passive which was useless agaisnt every faction but grineer was EXCEEDINGLY HELPFUL when dealing with grineer and their flame throwers. 

His old passive caused softlocking of grineer defenses due to him making the hyekkas and drahks invulnerable until oberon ran a significant distance away.

Edited by Deadoon

4 hours ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Why not 9000 Fieldron Samples cost (ghost clan)?

Dude, do not even try to go there.

4 hours ago, FollowTheFaceless said:

Also why you trying to sell us Nef's beard?

That's because Nef bribed DE to sell his bling. When we actually got to fight him, Nef will use a guilt tactic saying that he makes us fabulous.

33 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

His old passive caused softlocking of grineer defenses due to him making the hyekkas and drahks invulnerable until oberon ran a significant distance away.

"softlock" so i jumped 20 meters away and we wait for a max of 10 secs and others shoot the hyekka or i can shoot them from a distance? Limbo used to make it so you couldn't use energy cells on extraction if he casted his 4 which was more of a "softlock". Also oberon's old convert of animals wasn't a 100% to recast on the same target, IE most of the time converted animals turned whilst in our range anyway.