Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.3.0

[DE]Megan

Seems like the buff wasnt really enough to make Oberon Sortie-worthy. By far the worst is renewal. Cant we just go back to having it be a cast-n-forget ability? Just have it grant increased regen for yourself and your party members? Constant drain abilities dont really make the game more engaging, they just make the ability in question more annoying to use and build for.

What i like about Oberon rework? The PERMANENT armor stripping with his 4th ability... If can be modded for 100% armor stripping, but it will ruin other aspects of the build, so i would like to see a little buff (let's say 50% armor stripping at 100% power strenght) so oberon's build will be more flexible

13 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Bursas will now drop the items from their 'hacked' drop tables immediately after being hacked rather than when they die after being hacked so that players do not need to stick around until their life timer expires.

thank you DE :)

Removed infinite Ammo in Captura. Ammo is now automatically refilled when you run out so you can reloa

also thank you DE :) some of the reloads for weapons are quite cool and interesting to see in slow mo :)

Fixed Chroma’s Vex Armor unmodded Damage multiplier ability stat displaying 100% higher than it should've.

@[DE]Megan ^ This doesn't change the damage does it? Only the visual number displayed?

12 hours ago, Nemesis041 said:

Well, it looks like no one's gonna be bringing their Smeeta Kavats to Kuva missions anymore.

Pretty much. I just tested this change in a mission during which I had the double resource buff both when the Siphon exploded, and when the mission ended. No benefits.

Back to Sentinels it is :/

11 minutes ago, Kharseth said:

Pretty much. I just tested this change in a mission during which I had the double resource buff both when the Siphon exploded, and when the mission ended. No benefits.

Back to Sentinels it is :/

wait what?  seriously?  no more kavat kuva boosting?  well, S#&$ that cat's goin in the fridge forever more...

12 hours ago, Rolunde said:

~R~

>~R~

you can't be serious, you degenerate.

12 hours ago, Rolunde said:

It went from almost entirely useless to a reason to consider taking a Kubrow or Kavat as his sidekick.

I like it.

My Oberon will now occasionally be accompanied by his Hunting Hound. 

DE, if we ever change his passive again, could it be so that he could equip 2 Kubrows at once?! haha 

Unleash the Hounds, set loose The Hunt!

~R~

Kubrows are digusting. and don't even give DE the idea of letting you have 2 kubrows, unless you can have them fight to the death in an illegal underground kubrow fighting ring.:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

I just want oberon to really have that paladin role. Sure the new passive is at least useful in every mission, but such a silly passive doesn't do that.

Edited by EarthBody

Atlas and Wukong still use wrong javelin idles.

Scorch Ignis was adjusted, while Kuva Hyekka Masters still instakill you through several walls, which is even worse since they have a habit of just spraying it everywhere instead of aiming at the player.

Corpus Techs are still affected by Supra buff making them more accurate than Snipers.

Tenora still breaks wrists.

Why cant i see hallowed ground when i cast it, i get the effect from it but dont get any energy on the floor. Tried to change colors and it didnt work. No matter what i do i dont see the colors. I dont have PhysX from Nvidia btw since using AMD

WHY?! WHY?! WHY?!!!!!       2 years i've been waiting rework Oberon! and what now?!!! NOTHING... NOTHING   has changed!   DE. WHY r u doing this?!!!

IF i need "Controlled Chaos" i take Nyx... If i need Resistance and Heal i take Trinity... what can Oberon to do? - NOTHING!

Please DE! Hear me. Do smth more, than NOThing!

Edited by Argavan

@[DE]Megan Can you guys add back the feature where you can see where the alerts of places you don't have access to are that you removed in the most recent patch? I'm motivated by the need to access things that may disappear in less than an hour. Perhaps a toggle option or something?

I don't have a smartphone so I can't track the alerts if I don't have access to the planets like I could before.

10 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Because of your exact reaction

I actually don't care I'm only a trade broker that reaction was for the memes I have people do the Kuva farming and rerolling for me then buy for cheap and sell for high call me scummy but it's the way the world works.

4 hours ago, PrwnStar42 said:

It is but only barely

Well, I didn´t test multiple energy colors cuz was in a hurry earlier this morning, however, the color that I was currently using was a bright olive green. This kind of green is greatly visible otherwise, but for Oberons Hallowed Ground, the energy color isn´t seen at all. You´ll have trouble knowing where to stand for its buffs to take on you, or how close you should stand in order to get an enemy trapped within it. And while it is now also arc-formed, I have no idea at all how this form looks like, unlike the rectangular version.

Otherwise, I think the ability tweaks are great, but not enough. I like Renewals new version of sending out healing waves that does heal over time, but is this enough for a hectic battle in the middle of a field? I stood in front of a level 45 heavy gunner letting him drain my health to about (had 925p) 100hp left, then used Renewal. However, Renewals healig effect is too slow for this, and you´ll either die right away or you´ll end up trying to re-heal yourself in struggle. The best way to actually heal yourself is to take cover. If you have, like my Oberon, 925hp at max, you´ll need to use Renewal twice for 8 seconds in total to refill your HP from around 100 to 925hp. With a good duration/strength and balanced build then. I even had a rank 9 steel fiber on him to negatiate the damage I took, but it wasn´t enough for reacting fast enough. Oberon in this case might be close to squishy Banshee then despite the higher armor.

Reckoning is very nice now too. Since Oberons abilities does proc radiation quite frequent, a simple Smite does take over the whole battlefield, and then Reckoning on that - its a monster! Not to mention how much healing orbs it suddenly start to rain... xD

However, Oberon is still that one who does a bit of everything - damage, cc and heal. I could say though, that he´s better on the CC side. Close to Nyx, in my opinion. I dont think you would actually try to use Oberons abilities in the case for damage. Instead, you would use him for stunlocking groups of enemies. He would be very valuable in situations where the team need some breath, or keeping dangerous enemies out for a moment.

Well, heh. I ended up babbling quite a lot here. Just showing my opinions though

14 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

OK ran a few missions with Oberon running Duration and Range.

First note and this is a big one. I run on a toaster and I've had to turn settings on to see the slime puddle that is hallowed ground, and even then it's super dim. Please fix this. As in this is a NEED to fix immediately because it affects playability problem.

Noticing even with a '15' (percent? Per Tic?) of radiation I procced radiation a lot on hallowed ground. On a 160% build I had something like 265 degrees of carpet, which covered a LOT of ground, but because of the hard to seeness of it and the fact I had to figure out which setting to flip (still not sure I hit the right one) kinda hard to judge. I just know i kept seeing a lot of radiation when I was the only oberon in the room.

For now Smite still procs radiation. Ditto with Reckoning. Neither feel stronger than they were before, 

Maybe it's just the newness, but Oberon felt peppier. Then again I was using hallowed ground a lot more to test it and renewal.

Renewal's changes felt nice For Me. However I dislike how slow the wave traveled.

Dear God my Helminth Charger had his tounge out more than gene simmons in the mission I had her out on. Kinda liking the passive.

I thought we were going to get some augment changes. So far everything looks the same other than Hallowed Reckoning getting some pretty effects.

Wanting to run more missions before weighing in, but the changes to hallowed Ground and Renewal seem to be the focus here. I happen to like these changes (other than the slowness of the heal wave.)

I don't see Hallowed Ground at all (playing in a potato).

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • snip

EDIT:

Ok, on further review of Oberon:

2 is good, although it is hard to see the field. 3 needs to strip more armor. But regarding his 1, what happened? Scaling? Where? I watched Brozime's review of Oberon's revisit and couldn't believe that he wasn't able to kill a level 1 gunner. After trying myself, I'm in disbelief. This needs to be re-revisited FAST!

Edited by Jobistober
Spoke too soon. Broberon got screwed.

50 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Brozime Demonstrates the dark side of scaling

Just saw this, I knew it was bad, I mean it was obvious when Rebecca showed it in 161, only people who never played Oberon couldn't see it, but i never expected to be this bad...

So I main Oberon what do I do now?

Concerns with Oberon rework aside (I like the synergy but yeah something is definitely up with the "scaling"), I'm on a toaster at the moment as I wait for a component for my desktop, and Hallowed Ground just doesn't render for me at all, and the wave for Renewal is hard to see as well. Granted, I won't be playing on a toaster much longer so it doesn't bug me so much, but this absolutely cripples Oberon and makes him almost unusable for people on low settings. Not sure if it's a bug or what, but that definitely needs to get fixed before anything else. I think you guys should probably give him another look.

That said, the new scarf is pretty rad and the change to Bursas is a fantastic QoL addition. Haven't tried the new gun yet but it looks neat. A little concerned about the reload but I won't say anything till I've tried it

Other bugs:

- Mesa still sometimes gets locked out of being able to use melee or quick melee after coming out of Peacemaker. I think it has something to do with using it in midair but I can't be sure.

- Nova's antimatter drop sometimes de-renders, making it a real pain to use. Seems to happen only when casting while aiming down sights, and then returning to normal perspective. I also have the augment on, which might have something to do with it. Not sure but I'm going to play around and try to nail it down.

Thanks for the update!

I don't see any improvements in Oberon's dmg output. No matter what mods you put on him, 300 str or 185 str + efficiency, on enemies lvl 40+ damage falls off quickly. Hardly kills lvl 50 non-armored units, cannot kill lvl 45 machinegunners, cannot kill lvl 15 ancient disruptor(!).

Still barely usable without Natural Talent.

Still insufficient energy to spam his shiet.

Healing still confusing and slow sometimes not heal when needed.

Sorties still undoable without endgame-packed weapons.