Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.3.0

[DE]Megan

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Grineer Shield Dargyns now only spawn in level 20+ missions as players with low level Archwing gear can't penetrate their Shields effectively.

What do you mean "effectively"? Last time I checked, you can't penetrate their shields at all.

9 minutes ago, Nirune said:

"softlock" so i jumped 20 meters away and we wait for a max of 10 secs and others shoot the hyekka or i can shoot them from a distance? Limbo used to make it so you couldn't use energy cells on extraction if he casted his 4 which was more of a "softlock". Also oberon's old convert of animals wasn't a 100% to recast on the same target, IE most of the time converted animals turned whilst in our range anyway.

1) the convert lasted 20 seconds

2) if they were in range when it activates, it refreshed to the 20 seconds.

3) Oberon could hold the entire match extend the match excessively, a limbo could only block 1 excavator(you are referring to excavation right? ) at a time multiple will drop down.

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

What do you mean "effectively"? Last time I checked, you can't penetrate their shields at all.

Fluctus and grattler can.

Edited by Deadoon

4 hours ago, Fluffysbeans said:

Oh look, someone who still doesn't get how Mag works. I wonder how I average 60% of the team's damage output if she's so bad.

UR team sucked?! Get bad scrub!

Walt, that's not how it goes.... :facepalm:

(j/k I like Mag just fine, funny to see people still dissing on her =p)
(I do miss popping Corpus' heads with a single button push though, haha)

~R~

@DE, I set my particles to medium and can kind of see it now, I'm glad for the rework and appreciate the updated f/x
 but as things are right now,
 I preferred the old f/x for Hallowed Ground. 

Edited by Rolunde

I think I'd literally rather have gotten any other passive, i keep looking for other warframes that people say have "bad passives" and only "1" of them locks them too having a load out and that's mesa. If Mesa doesn't have a secondary her passive is useless. For other people saying well at least your passive isn't "blank" I'd rather have that, I'd rather have Loki's wall cling duration. Better yet a passive that would make sense Chroma's energy elemental, where like in other games where a paladin can change his elemental damage of him or others in his party i could "switch" elements from 1|2|4 based on energy color. Even rhino's passive which is pretty much useless at least feels bad @ss and looks cool. All of the "bad" passives are still passives where i can say let me bring my helios so i can scan things, or let me bring my djin for CC ext. All these passives are still active passives.

Don't miss understand me i love my kavat and kubrow, i spent a lot of time breeding them i have 3 kubrows and 2 kavats with 6 forma each in them. Most of the time i bring them into combat, I just think its kinda Sh!ty to lock a passive to pets without it being beneficial to the war frame itself. I'd gladly have taken the passive if it say buffed oberon's health and armor with a pet equiped, my pet had 1,800 hp 700 shields and  around 200 armor before the rework she didn't need a buff she was fine. Oberon however i would've LOVED to have more HP/Armor if a pet was brought in. Knowing DE they wont fix this, its not a big problem i just think its a bad passive and it shows they really didn't think it through. Hell even if the passive only gave oberon "50 HP" if i brought a pet I'd still been ok with it.

Before people are like "excalibur's passive is locked to blades" where is true, its also a trade when you use those things you do more damage. My kavat is doing the same amount of damage, and didn't die before the rework and still doesn't. When my kavat does die that's typically an AI bug which means even when i rez her she either downs again instantly or is frozen in place unable to move thus being able to be killed over and over. Bonus health and armor isn't going to fix the "frozen companion glitch", besides that Kavats and Kubrows don't need extra health/armor past mods if your companion is really having that much problems put pack leader on it.

Edited by Nirune

12 minutes ago, Karate_Kallie said:

found a bug where and when i do some colouring in on my wf or weapons and go in and upgrade them afterwards that my new colours did not save and it, it went back to what it previously was, this somtimes happen while i am busy attaching attachements

Yeah i had this problem last night after the Darvo event went live, i just did the colors again and relogged it seemed to fix it.

While Oberon got more usefull now, he still seems to be stuck in an identity crysis with his current kit + design.

While Oberon's model and passive represent more of a nature related theme, a druid essencially (especially with his deluxe skin), his abilities 1-4 are a classic example of what makes out a holy related theme, essencially a paladin.

Passive = Nature: being the Nature boy that he represents, he gives allied pets a buff.

Smite = Holy: This does not fit the nature theme and is a classic example of what a paladin would do, smiting the enemy with the holy power granted to him.

Hallowed Ground = Holy: This can be compared well to the Blessed Ground ability of WoW, while Oberon's variant doesn't do any damage, the thematic is that its a place that is hallowed / blessed by the user, that benefits the ally and brings disadvantages to the enemy.

Renewal = Holy & Nature: both a druid and a Paladin can heal their allies, so there is not much to say.

Reckoning = Holy: Reckoning by name is something a Paladin would do.

Radiation aspects = Holy: one of Oberon's cpre themes is the handing out of radiation procs to enemies, which in essence is a Light related thing to do. Radiation > Radiating > Radiance = Light.

Oberons Model and Base color scheme = Nature: From his green tints, to his horns and vine / root esque looking shoulder guards, Oberon is more of a nature themed frame in visual design.

As it stands now, we may call Oberon a fairy king, a nature boy, a deer dude, a paladin or whatever else, but as it stands currently, Oberon doesn't fit any of those descriptions.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Grineer Shield Dargyns now only spawn in level 20+ missions as players with low level Archwing gear can't penetrate their Shields effectively.

Hi guys,

isn't that a little too much baby proofing for new players that will result in a difficulty spike at lvl 20+ ?

I mean, in my opinion, it would maybe be better to lower their spawn rate so that new players can learn how to counter them at low level, rather than meeting them at lvl 20 when they are already harder to kill...

(and not to make any dubious parallels but ... remember how new players welcomed the re-introduction of bursas in corpus missions ?)

8 hours ago, Fluffysbeans said:

Oh look, someone who still doesn't get how Mag works. I wonder how I average 60% of the team's damage output if she's so bad.

Ditto, mag is so fun to use in high level missions. Build for efficiency & shattering crush and just bomb everyone's defenses into the dirt. Then you can go pick off the bombards while they're laying sniveling on the ground begging for forgiveness as the world burns behind you.