Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defence missions, middle option between extraction and battling

Dugster105

Skip this if you don't want to know the background to the feedback: Basically, I was on a defence, had to leave for 5 mins and because of that I couldn't extract with everyone else, basically I was left alone at wave 20 and lost.

My idea is that if you are in the middle of picking battle and extraction at the time of extraction in defence missions then you go with the majority of the people and if no one picks a side or if it's a 50/50 split then you pick extraction because you are all AFK.

Hope this is a suitable idea and you can implement this or something like this :D 

No offense, but no games have design features to take into account the fact that players might walk away from the computer for "reasons". The only thing they all have is AFK timers that just kick you out altogether.

An entire 5 minutes should not let you extract, because otherwise this becomes an AFK farming feature. At the 5 minute mark your client would have been already marked AFK by the new system, and you would have gotten nothing anyway, regardless of getting extracted.

• 2 weeks later...

You have taken what I am saying the wrong way, I just left at exactly the wrong time to answer my phone (not mobile phone so I did have to leave) and during the max 2 minutes I was away then the voting took place and I was left alone.

So I do understand where you are coming from but I feel like if you don't change your vote then you should go with the majority, even if you aren't afk and just don't want to vote you would still go with the majority.

On 12/05/2017 at 9:09 AM, Dugster105 said:

You have taken what I am saying the wrong way, I just left at exactly the wrong time to answer my phone (not mobile phone so I did have to leave) and during the max 2 minutes I was away then the voting took place and I was left alone.

So I do understand where you are coming from but I feel like if you don't change your vote then you should go with the majority, even if you aren't afk and just don't want to vote you would still go with the majority.

No, I fully understand.

I've had to do the exact same thing. The simple fact is that this is a game and RL things take precedence, and if you "have to leave" then you should just leave.

There should not be, however, mechanics put in place that "favor" sitting in a mission doing nothing simply because they will just get abused. Also, even if it had a system like you asked, it should never "vote with the majority". You should NEVER be able to be "auto added to the next wave" when you are not even at the keyboard. At MOST, you would be auto extracted, not voted back in, when you are seen as been AFK.

There has to be a line in the sand to protect everyone, and the current one is working ok.