Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operators are quite cringeworthy

Darizuka

"So... the Corpus are just a cult, worshiping money."

"Ballistics and archaic weapons, crude and dangerous, just like the Grineer."

"The Grineer prey on the weak, but we prey on the Grineer."

"These Corpus remind me of the Orokin, selfish, greedy."

Just some lines that make you feel uncomfortable.

Even moreso considering that they are kids and the male voice actors sound either like

A College student in his 20s or a Gruffy man voice.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Whole idea is cringeworthy.

To be fair, the idea was nice: Child soldiers, brainwashed to fight and serve the Orokin. It's a really dark concept that fits into the atmosphere of the game.

...then they have to make the child soldiers act like children instead of soldiers. Shame.

Well they are 15-ish year old teenagers, with all the social skills of someone locked inside a small pod and told to endlessly slaughter enemies through a robotic proxy, they aren't exactly going to be enjoyable conversation. At least they don't go full edgelord "nothing personnel kid" on their enemies. They do end up with the whole "don't call me a kid" cliche but you can dress them up to look like complete idiots so that's something at least.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

Completely? I can disable transference? I need this knowledge immediately.

You can disable the pop ups where they show their voices and speak their cheesy lines. With lotus and ordis, if you mute them, you still see them appear, and will see subtitles of what they say. However, if you mute the operator, you won't see their picture pop up trying to speak at all, with their dumb stuff about "my warframe is strong!". It is somewhere in the sound options. It is a much more complete mute than muting Ordis/Lotus. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

24 minutes ago, Beggining said:

To be fair, the idea was nice: Child soldiers, brainwashed to fight and serve the Orokin. It's a really dark concept that fits into the atmosphere of the game.

...then they have to make the child soldiers act like children instead of soldiers. Shame.

This ^

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)ATLongshot said:

"My Warframe is strong"

Cracks me up every time. I make fun of my emo friend, it's what he's good for.  And when he's not chatting he's totally eating pizza and space Dunkaroos. 

One of the reasons I keep and will continue to keep them enabled.

Definitely makes me laugh. Especially when they say something and have a completely random facial animation which really doesn't match.

Spices up the sometimes tedious and silent gameplay.

I'm fine with this.

After the Second Dream and the War Within, I learned to appreciate my operator. I find that feature quite unique, and by itself it gives that little bit more of depth to the game. Really loving the story bits so far.

But hey, my opinion.

33 minutes ago, Naith said:

One of the reasons I keep and will continue to keep them enabled.

Definitely makes me laugh. Especially when they say something and have a completely random facial animation which really doesn't match.

Spices up the sometimes tedious and silent gameplay.

(Dodging a Bombard's Rocket, followed by an epic headshot to kill the Bombard)

Operator: That was close.

Me: Indeed. Indeed it was.

(Spamming melee to break open all crates)

Operator: That was close.

Me: ...Indeed. Indeed it was.

It's just...so unexpected and out of place when it happens; I love it!

Well, better characterization wouldn't hurt, but so far these dialogue are the "so bad, it's good" kind of thing.

Edited by Beggining
Woop da Woot

I know we all have our headcanons and all, the Operator for me cemented the "truth" that I am the warframe, the AI if you will.

My Operator powers me  but she is not in control. 

The schizofrenic moment when I become the Operator is s game mechanic that I wish made more sense. 

But I look at this from a RPG-perspective meaning I play as 2 characters that I can jump between.

After all, that is the way the game is built right now.

Maby Umbra will change that by taking talking operator (she is obviously watching Youtube while I play) out of the picture. 

5 hours ago, Beggining said:

This is precisely the problem with their dialogues. That and their appearance. I'm still not a fan of looking like an androgynous human potato.