Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Planets and their missions

(PSN)NicolaiBM

With the rework of the earth tileset, can we expect to get survival on earth by any chance? And on that matter, can we expect to get survival on the actual planets?

I'm gonna start out with Mercury, on the starchart, the Captain Vor assassination is on it's very own ship, but in reality, it's just on the Sedna/Mercury tileset and on Mercury only 4 of the 11 missions is actually on the planet, even worse is Phobos, the only 2 missions on the actual planet is Dark Sector and once Again sharing tileset with Mercury and Sedna, despite being a Corpus planet.

Earth and Pluto both have 2 exterminate missions and while Pluto does have a survival, it's not on the actual planet. Same thing for Mars, Ceres, Venus and Mercury, they all have survivals, but not on the tileset matching the planet, they're all located on the Grineer Gallion or the Corpus ship, where Mercury have it as an infested survival and not a Grineer Survival. Correct me if I'm wrong in Captain Vor have no link to the infestation and making it rather contradicting he would settle on a planet sharing it with the infested. A planet to make shared home is Jupiter, as it's the home of Alad V.

I think the rework of Earth is a small step in the right direction, but it's not only the graphical aspect of the planets that needs a rework, the starchart and mission locations do aswell. It makes no sense when doing a survival you're always visiting the same location for different resources. Just like the aquisition of resources doesn't match what available to mastery level in the market. All endless type missions should be placed on the planet itself, as it's the missions when we're at the planets the longest, giving us the biggest need for a change in scenery.

I do understand why earth got the first rework, but please do continue reworking all the planets and start with the planets that share tileset to give all planets a Unique feel and place all endless missions on the tileset that actually belong to the planet, not in the grineer gallion or the corpus ship. With the current gamemodes, the only use of the grineer gallion and the corpus ship I can find is Sabotage and Rescue, as they're the only 2 I can see a logical reason to use the tilesets for. Possibly Spy, if it got spun the right way. I still think they're tilesets, that have Little value in the game as a hole, simply because they're a Space transporter and doesn't feel like it at all.

Then to archwing, they're all the same, there's just a corpus and a grineer tileset, one of each, no feel to which planet you're actually on and somehow it would be nice to have an endless archwing mission type. I do understand the vast majority of players don't like archwing, but some of us do and are putting a lot of time into formaing our Space gear. On the archwing note, when it comes to controls, it needs one more rotational axis. As of now it have a forward looking vertical axis, a horizontal axis, but it needs a sideway vertical axis aswell, to allow us to rotate our warframe. That being said, the old controls still need to be an option to choose, as I know players can suffer from motion sickness with that kind of control.

36 minutes ago, maj.death said:

We don't have survival on earth because the grineer sucking the air out of the atmosphere is silly.

28 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

"They've turned off life support..."

stares intently at the forest

You guys seriously didn't know that the Grineer already have the capabilities to drain a planet's atmosphere?

Image result for warframe they've turned off life support fan comic

*Vacuum Cleaner Wraith Coming Soon TM

*All Rights Reserved to The Grineer Board of Engineering

Just now, thewhitepanda1205 said:

You guys seriously didn't know that the Grineer already have the capabilities to drain a planet's atmosphere?

Image result for warframe they've turned off life support fan comic

*Vacuum Cleaner Wraith Coming Soon TM

*All Rights Reserved to The Grineer Board of Engineering

...suck...suck...suck...Suck!...Suck!!

I have had multiple Survival on the Ceres surface though. But given the size of Ceres, I don't really have a problem with that. They could add it to all smaller celestial bodies including Mars. Though it might take too long for Mars to really lose it's atmosphere. I definitively know too much about those things.^^

Anyway, I find Uranus's sealab tileset to be much more odd.

IT could be on the planet, but in some facility.

Like for earth it could be a site where they produce the toxin, and when you hack the system, instead turning of the life support, they flood area with toxins. To keep alive you need to keep collecting life supports as usually.

16 hours ago, Whiskered said:

IT could be on the planet, but in some facility.

Like for earth it could be a site where they produce the toxin, and when you hack the system, instead turning of the life support, they flood area with toxins. To keep alive you need to keep collecting life supports as usually.

Nice to see someone making a constructive idea. Looking at Law of Retribution and earth Sabotage already holds the solution to adding survival to the planet.

21 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

They made excavation as a planet-side counter to survival.

If that's the case, where's Ceres excavation? The liquids on Ceres is toxic, so why isn't the air? While excavation can be just as fun as survival, it's still just a mobile defense with a twist.

After my initial post, I also thought about the drop table, why would an operative go and steal something, that is readily available in multiple other locations? Wouldn't it make more sense the operative is raiding for items not available anywhere else? I don't have any specific ideas for what it could be, just not something with a 0.00015% drop chance, like a riven with the exact rolls you want.