Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't Use Focus Attack in Second Dream

Ryngo

I'm doing The Second Dream quest, and I am at the Save the Reservoir step of the chain.  During the cut-scene where the operator comes out of the pod, my Tenno is already holding the operator from the beginning, but it is super glitchy looking, the body is completely static and looks like a prop.  After it ends, I am unable to use the focus energy attack that Lotus keeps referring to, preventing me from moving forward in the quest chain.  I read around and know that you fight the Stalker using that blast attack, and since I cannot do that, the fight would not be possible.  This quest locks off a lot of content, so any help on getting this working would be greatly appreciated. 

19 hours ago, Ryngo said:

I'm doing The Second Dream quest, and I am at the Save the Reservoir step of the chain.  During the cut-scene where the operator comes out of the pod, my Tenno is already holding the operator from the beginning, but it is super glitchy looking, the body is completely static and looks like a prop.  After it ends, I am unable to use the focus energy attack that Lotus keeps referring to, preventing me from moving forwar in the quest chain.  I read around and know that you fight the Stalker using that blast attack, and since I cannot do that, the fight would not be possible.  This quest locks off a lot of content, so any help on getting this working would be greatly appreciated. 

I am also having this problem on PC

Edited by f0rje

Same thing as Ryngo, on PC.

Regardless of numerous videos on defeating sentinels while carrying the body, wiki explaining it, other players confirming, currently it isn't working. You can finish the mission but the main elements are flawed.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the cutscene where the pod emerges from the fountain and drops bellow your feet is heavily flawed as well, my frame holds a dead corpse for the duration of the whole scene in their right hand.

Edited by Optimus_-_Prime

Figure I'll say same issue: can't use focus attack, but using the other mouse button makes the body raise the other hand, though it doesn't do anything.

The extra stiff body in the cutscene sucks too, it took this scene that is supposed to be a 'wow' moment to... well, I was stuck staring at the stiff body.

With this quest as a requirement to unlock the Pluto Junction, it also puts a damper on my ability to complete Chroma.

Edited by deadsome
extra info

SOLUTION

Just finished replaying the quest, everything works fine when you go back to your ship and worked fine for my friend playing the quest for the first time

Edited by Mews

Just now, Waffulmann said:

Yeah but I want to kill the sentinels yeah 

After the quest, Lua becomes a playable planet on the starchart and Sentient's will appear there

Even if it all works fine after, it just... it just kinda sucks to see this whole quest not work as intended, this dramatic cut scene get kinda screwed? I'd like to play it and see it as it was intended, rather than suffer through a buggy one just to finish it, because I can't replay it again afterwards.

Just finished this quest yesterday and had the same issues as described above, holding a corpse already in cut scene and not being able to use focus attack.  However my health never dropped below 2 so I just walked out whilst being attacked.

Focus attack worked fine on next phase of the quest though.