Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Anyone Actually Believe Waiting 84 Hours For a Warframe to Build is a Good Thing?

Runecrafting

I just really wanna know. Why do build times even exist? Plenty of other games make plenty of money with way less annoying business models.

Edit: Thanks for sharing! Looks like the "Destiny Effect" is happening here too.

Edited by Runecrafting

Meh?

I don't think it's the biggest problem this game has. It's not even a problem, for me.

If DE is making some money off people who have less patience than I have, I'm personally fine with it.

I have played for years, and might keep playing for years. The three days and a half waiting time is nothing next to the months and months I have spend playing with those warframes after having waited an insignificant three days for them.

It's done purposely and not to make you buy them.

It's done to slow you down. This isn't a MMO where you bum rush to end game content to grind 24/7/365... So long as the daily/weekly lockout isn't kicked in because you ran that raid boss already.

This is also why there is a 24 hour limit upon failing a mastery test. 

But building a frame isn't even that hard, my freebie account has 3-4 frames built and waiting to be used once I get more slots.

Work on getting catalyst and forma on the frames you have now.

Edited by SilvaDreams

27 minutes ago, Runecrafting said:

I just really wanna know. Why do build times even exist? Plenty of other games make plenty of money with way less annoying business models.

Please senpai, enlighten me of these "plenty of other games", because I've yet to encounter a f2p game which is nicer to free players. 

41 minutes ago, Runecrafting said:

Why do build times even exist?

Plenty of players will speculate and have their own opinions on why, yet only DE can tell you the actual reason and they probably won't.

It also won't change or be reduced.  Also you think 84 is bad?  Built Equinox yet?  I have.

I don't see any reason to remove the 3 day wait on warframes... actually it's slightly longer than that because of the parts.  The whole business model of warframe is built around 'encouraging' us to buy it with plat by making things take time, grind or really bad rng balance (I'm trying to get ivara and it's rng is a really bad due to all the junk in the tables but I refuse to buy it with plat for the same reason...)

While I think there could be some changes to the way plat is used such as giving new items a 2 to 4 week plat only exclusive (can't see anyone majorly complaining) before being released to the free players, it still keeps the 'equality' between free and paying players, it just gives DE a period to get plat from players, which then allows the game to carry on etc, and gives the plat users a period of 'exclusivity' and bug testing :P.   Ideally clan research can still be done during that time.  Just look at clan research, apart from the hema (which while my clan has got it after kicking and reducing the clan tier I still disagree with that level of resources), pretty much every weapon released for clan research is ready after a few days so why would we buy it with plat. 

I also see no point in the discounts, just sell it at the 75% reduced price all the time as that's the only time most of us buy it, based on the forum and game chat, but I doubt that will ever happen. 

Having said that this game is arguably one of the fairest games I've played when it comes to equality between free and paying players, you can get everything like warframes/weapons etc that lets you play the game for 'free' and you have trade for plat so you can get things like slots (which I feel we should have more of for free) or plat cosmetics.  The the only exclusives are cosmetics from prime access and tennogen but they don't impact the game in anyway other than fashion frame.

Edited by LSG501

Was never a problem, for me is a more than legit compromise to get all the items in game free. You just have to adapt mentally, it is harsh in the first period, but when you get used to it, you really don't even bother.

13 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

No one does that. It's a game about farming anyway.

I see all these claims about the craft time twisting your arm to pay for the frame, yet I've never once felt so impatient that I couldn't wait. 

I like the anticipation of a frame being "built" anyway.

Forma is about the only thing I've ever felt compelled to rush because I go through them so quickly. Waiting for a frame is no different than waiting for an update.

Edited by Hypernaut1

4 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

this bears repeating

Many, many times...

Most f2p MMOs give you a tiny (if any) bank storage, give you a tiny backpack, lock content behind pay walls, sell you single use colors (One color at a time).... Could likely go on from there.

i could understand this complaint if it was 3 days online time
but since the timer isn't stopping when you are logged off i don't see the reason to complain
even if you play 8 hours a day (which is waaay above average) two thirds of the timer runs out when you are offline