Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.3.1

[DE]Megan

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal now functions more conventionally as a toggle which drains 2 Energy per second while active + 3 Energy per second per target actively being healed. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.
  • Added the "is active" ability icon animation to Renewal.
  • Fixed Renewal bleedout buff being removed when entering bleedout.

I'll have to try this out, but 2 thoughts immediately come to mind:

1) Does the Heal still scale inversely with duration, putting it at odds with the entirety of the rest of his kit?
Nope, the actual heal rate seems to be independent of duration.

2) Does this mean that, with neutral bleedout, someone can be kept downed for as long as Oberon has energy?

Edited by Chroia

5 minutes ago, Dwolfknight said:

No, we asked for a Flat armour buff. also armor IS a damage reduction

But Armour falls off very fast: I mean if you have 300 armour, that 50% DR. DOUBLE the armour, it's just 66%. 

It's far more effective to have like a flat 30% DR (nothing too insane, I'm not saying it needs to be trinity level DR). Man, I'm just saying he needs a solid survivability mechanic to be able to solo the starchart at the very minimum, and preferably Sorties. 

EDIT: inb4 I CAN SOLO STARCHURT U CANNOT BCUZ U SKROOB

I hope you get my point though

Cheers.

Edited by Legion216

Thoughts: Consider making Renewal have range mechanics more similar to Trinity's Blessing, as it received quite a big range nerf. 

Also, Phoenix Renewal is just not useful, and this update is a reminder of that. It only works once per squad member per mission and it takes 90 seconds before it can activate again. The cooldown is way to long, should be at least halved to 45 seconds, and the cooldowns should be per squad member. In other words, each squad member could only have it activate on them every 45 seconds. Also, sometimes Renewal is simply not going to be up and an ally will go down. I would suggest a feature where it will revive downed teammates with half health, if you cast Renewal (with the augment equipped) in range of your downed ally. This would go along with his increased bleedout timer ability feature and fit his theme well. Right now the Phoenix Renewal augment is just trash and needs a huge buff. 

14 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal now functions more conventionally as a toggle which drains 2 Energy per second while active + 3 Energy per second per target actively being healed. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.

Thank you so much for this. Now I can finally build a decent phoenix oberon!

1 minute ago, continue said:

energy per target is not affected by duration OR efficiency. is this intentional?

From the patch notes: 

*We are aware of a UI bug where the Arsenal stats for Renewal show that Energy per target is not affected by Efficiency/Duration Mods. A fix will come at a later date- we wanted to get this out ASAP! 

26 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.3.1

Oberon Changes & Fixes:

Smite:

As a part of this revisit, Smite has remained largely the same in execution but different in stats. After a review yesterday's deployment, we are further tweaking stats to have better initial impact and scaling. 

• Increased Smite's projectile damage from 20% of the target's max Health + Shield to 35%.
  • Added base damage to Smite and its projectiles. With the damage of Smite scaled into its projectiles, this will give Smite more punch when facing lower level enemies.

Nope, still laughably weak.

Go to simulacrum and summon lvl 50 enemies. 

Oberon was already comfy on Uranus and Venus, we want to take him to sorties and raids.

Also, buff his armor. Just do it.

Good start, but Oberon still needs more.  
Renewal should seriously give the armor buff to allies if just Oberon is on Hallowed Ground, it limits his usefulness too much by forcing the team to gather so closely to get the buff.  
Reckoning also needs a little more range and armor reduction.  
Other than that, I guess he's fine sorta. IMO the rework didnt actually fix any of the issues he had though and his passive is still kinda boring and tacked on.

Once again, checked to make sure these somehow didn't just randomly fix themselves though...how could they. Here's my small but ever growing list of bugs glitches and whatever.

Panthera's punch through still does not let it punch through enemies- just cover...surprise surprise miter's fixed but not panthera.

Moonwalk melee'ing on Uranus after leaving sharkwing water still occurs, however it took a few tries to actually get it to work.

Nullifiers taking direct hits with drones on the top of their heads from something like a tonbo or whatever else do not take any damage akin to when blunts were released with grineer way back when, that said its still not fixed and a bit annoying for someone who likes reach being able to say...actually hit things, possibly through things.

Last but not least, or wait...its only graphical so take your time I guess, the Tenora's ejected magazine reverts to the original Tenora colors while reloading.

16 minutes ago, Koed said:

Make Hallowed Grounds an aura/Circle shape and make it do something useful!

knockdown/status immunity is already useful. Since apparently DE is still taking player opinion into mind, I'm here to make a stand for keeping the stationary hallowed ground. I'd rather not have to shepherd my hallowed ground or worse, have to stand in a choke-point myself if I want to irradiate enemies at a choke point. Plus it would be yet another channel in oberon's kit, in a kit where channels don't fit in.

Which brings me to renewal. I don't have time to try it out yet, but my current outlook is VERY, very, dim. Many players have pointed to renewal's channel-like effects and stated that it causes problems in the flow of oberon's casting, not to mention the modding nightmares. So instead of REMOVING the problem, you instead turn the entire ability into the problem. I would presume that renewal is STILL at its low range(let's not forget that it was infinite a week ago), and caused the ability to drain 5 energy/sec when it's affecting anyone, more if it's affecting multiple people(plus whatever the activation cost is). If you're healing a full squad of 4, that's 14 energy/sec. BASE. I hope you've dialed the potency of this regen up to 11, because this feels like it's going to be a lot less sustainable for oberon's energy economy. Furthermore, I suspect that the energy drain applies to allies who are in bleedout and are getting their timers reduced. Pitiful.

I will again state my opinion (one which I believe many of us oberon players share) on how renewal should work: You cast renewal for one burst energy cost. Renewal sends its healing orbs out to affect allies, whom they will seek and find at any range. The orbs connect to their targets, applying a burst heal and applying a regenerative effect on the ally, which will stay applied to the target until the duration ends. Add in the hallowed ground synergy if you like, though, I lived without that extra armor before.

You'll note that nowhere in this concept is there a channeled effect/drain. That's because oberon is a frame whose playstyle revolves around powerspam in order to keep the enemy distracted or pinned down. Why would you throw a channeled effect in there?

Oberon is my third most played frame. I love the guy. I just hope that you guys turn back from the power drain idea you're trying to inject into renewal before it's too late.

4 minutes ago, Wes8670 said:

Once again, checked to make sure these somehow didn't just randomly fix themselves though...how could they. Here's my small but ever growing list of bugs glitches and whatever.

Panthera's punch through still does not let it punch through enemies- just cover...surprise surprise miter's fixed but not panthera.

Moonwalk melee'ing on Uranus after leaving sharkwing water still occurs, however it took a few tries to actually get it to work.

Nullifiers taking direct hits with drones on the top of their heads from something like a tonbo or whatever else do not take any damage akin to when blunts were released with grineer way back when, that said its still not fixed and a bit annoying for someone who likes reach being able to say...actually hit things, possibly through things.

Last but not least, or wait...its only graphical so take your time I guess, the Tenora's ejected magazine reverts to the original Tenora colors while reloading.

Inaros can still feed of companions in sarcophagus... I reported it months ago  :awkward: