Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.3.1

[DE]Megan

26 minutes ago, EsterSombermoon said:

CHANGE HIM BACK TO 20.3.0 RIGHT NOW!! HIS RENEWAL IS COMPLETE CRAP NOW. YOU LITERALLY REVERTED HIM BACK TO BEING CRAP. WHY?! 

How is this change bad exactly, would really like to hear your... thoughts on how it's now worse than before. :)

8 hours ago, pewpew. said:

can you please explain why you made renewal 25 meters?

One of the original standouts to renewal over bless is you didn't have to worry about range. now it's all about trying to get 3 teammates to huddle together
for a short about of time so they can receive the heal. admittingly this is a lot easy to maintain now thanks to the channelling changes but is still frustrating. even if the ability won't have infinite range, would prefer if it was at least affinity range, (50m r.) just as trinity does. (this can then be affected by focus tree Vasarin)

5 hours ago, Cytobel said:

Oh, hey, lookit that.  A toggleable HoT.  Too bad it KILLS HIS TINY ENERGY POOL, which is already strained by the necessity of repeated casting...  And don't get me started on the "Rage fixes that" issue of too many mods, not enough space.

Look, we need to be able to cast a heal that has real kick with this guy, not activate some short-range thing that now kills Energy Vampire's restoration.  I'm giving this a shot to see how it affects Oberon in Solo play first, and then in a group setting.  If this makes him some sort of undying beast on his own but is still too short range for the group situation, then we've missed the mark again (although I WILL try to make that heal a solid method of self-sustain).

You need to build for his heal. I've got a setup that almost never runs out of energy while channeling the heal and it is a major buff to the team. Judging from your comment I suggest you try more builds before you get all crazy.

You also sound like you don't really understand how the new ability works. It creates a wave of energy from your casting location. Anyone that comes near it gets the heal buff. With a good setup you can get 80+ health per second while channeling with very minimal drain. That's a damn useful buff. Once its applied people can run around wherever they want away from Oberon.

And you don't need rage to keep it up, either. The energy orbs from random kills is plenty.

35 minutes ago, KrypTic. said:

One of the original standouts to renewal over bless is you didn't have to worry about range. now it's all about trying to get 3 teammates to huddle together
for a short about of time so they can receive the heal. admittingly this is a lot easy to maintain now thanks to the channelling changes but is still frustrating. even if the ability won't have infinite range, would prefer if it was at least affinity range, (50m r.) just as trinity does. (this can then be affected by focus tree Vasarin)

The small initial range is appropriate given how powerful this ability is now. 400+ armor and 80+ health/second is incredibly useful. Especially when you consider once applied people can run wherever they want without it being deactivated. Just keep your energy up with orbs and efficiency+duration builds.

1 hour ago, EsterSombermoon said:

CHANGE HIM BACK TO 20.3.0 RIGHT NOW!! HIS RENEWAL IS COMPLETE CRAP NOW. YOU LITERALLY REVERTED HIM BACK TO BEING CRAP. WHY?! 

Nice troll. ;)

Renewal as it currently stands is extraordinarily useful. With it active you can keep your team alive with very little trouble in most matches.

It does help in Sorties but the damage enemies dish out can be very lethal even with the buff. Though Trinity players also struggle to keep their teams alive and they have a much more potent heal and damage-reducer.

8 hours ago, Sinnjid said:

I'd like to see the broken duration on Renewal fixed, and have it add armor just as an innate function of the ability. Also, I want to see Hallowed Ground follow Obie around, and remove the tickle effect and replace it with an armor multiplier to Renewal's buff. That way, that armor would really mean something nasty for enemies. Oh, and have Reckoning remove more armor, and have that as an innate function. And yes, DE seems to think Obie's the king of household pets. It's absolutely silly. I want a passive that helps fix his awful energy costs. Other than that, yeah, Oberon's got some nice perks, and most of them were there from before. Now, all DE needs to do is incorporate them all together and make them not be a chore to use correctly.

I actually liked the "taming" passive, even if it was only good against Grineer. Personally I'm good with HG, since enemies tend to run at you, so good placement is key.

8 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

That doesn't mean it falls off. The post I replied to claimed the second 300 armor is less effective than the first, and that isn't the case. Effective health as a percentage of actual health scales linearly with armor.

Yea, it doesn't fall off, but outside of mods like Armored Agility or when using frames with already substantial armor like Valkyr or Inaros modding for it isn't really a necessity. I wish DE would buff every frames armor value to a more useful value

I still feel like the armor strip on Oberon's Reckoning is too feeble to be worthwhile. It's mechanically like a Corrosive proc, which scales off of current armor values. Which is not good. It needs to take off total armor percentages, to allow for complete armor removal. If the radiation bonus damage on it could scale somewhat like Smite, that'd be great too. When the damage of Reckoning is irrelevant to higher level enemies, its health orb drop feature becomes effectively non-existant. 

Dear Developers,

After this nerf, You killed the Oberon again. He passive is usless from now because this channeling solution for renewal is a big ENERGY GRAVEYARD . Try to think guys please, is not a rework that is a big Oberon kill again. Why should I use a pet if u are killing the energy managment? I use a sentinel with vacum, but then meaningless this new passive ability on Oberon. Plus Zenurik tenno does not works when the renewal is active. I know I know game mechanism, but from now Oberon energy managment is absoltley ZERO even with Trinity too. The armor buff is very cool and nice team supporter option, and Reckoning armor decreasing also nice and I like new smite notion too. So this direction is very good, but please run for him again. 

My ideas :

Bigger energy pool least 700-800 (with maxed Primed flow) / Supplement passive ability : Pets get any energy managment options Then it will be sensible to use /

Unique sentinel for Oberon with passive energy managment / Renewal with old game mechanism (from first rework) / Augments rework for example Phoenix cancel energy cost when HOT starts working on players, but original ability is also keeps.

Thanks for reading 

Rush 

So you guys actually made the rework even worse? Well done...Why would you make Renewal useless? It was the only ability Oberon had after the rework that wasn't utter garbage. Now it costs at least 12 energy per second just healing your team. Why would you even think that was a good idea?

Edited by Akimbo

the armor buff is slightly noticeable, but still 0 true scaling with high level (over lvl 70 pls...), you barely feel it

we have a paladin with mystic powers ! 

he shall have stronger tool ! 

make hallowed ground an aura, just like Refermum proposed,

the philosophy about the jack of all trade thing shall really be reviewed

its not because oberon is very flexible that he is any good, 

a real jack of all trade frame, shall allow you to either build him for damage/CC, or Tanking/CC, or tanking/damage ! 

make the armor buff a damage reduction buff, or make it scales a lot with oberon's armor, like he can reach 2500 + and so reaching the sweet spot of damage reduction (about 85% + )

Reckoning and smite are WEAK

maybe Renewal shall give an extra health boost to allies, and then...

why not giving oberon a better passive ? like making his abilities scale with the amount of radial procs or the amount of health healed or the pourcentage of additional health to allies that i mentioned ! this would incitateto squad up with an oberon ! 

reduce phoenix renewal if you don't even want to tweak anything

his augments shall change his whole kit, so you have the feel of playing another frame (but thats a subject i might talk about in a useless way cause nobody will care about the augment system) ,

@[DE]Megan I think you guys should hired real warframe players to test your stuffs out before rolling out the changes. I know letting the community test it is a save on money but it doesn't reflect well on you guys being the developers for not thoroughly testing and thinking out before rolling out changes. 

Not youtubers please as I know one of them who are associated with you guys on twitch are giving half-assed review etc...

Edited by kyori

3 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Did anyone else realise you can get a 360 Arc with HG by turning yourself 180 degrees and casting again? You can carpet a fairly large area with it.

Sure, at the cost of even more energy than he already spends.

Not to mention that's actually impossible with the HG augment mod.

No fixes for:

Atlas and Wukong using wrong Javelin idles.

Kuva Hyekka Master being affected by scorch buff

Corpus Tech being affected by Supra buff

Tenora, Opticor, and other large primaries breaking wrists

Kuva Guardians ragdollizing pet companions killing them instantly with no chance to revive