Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

- LastSacredRican - The Tenno of Waframe. Why do you guys play Warframe now?

9 hours ago, chainchompguy3 said:

I play because it's so freaking unique.

How many other games have:

• MOBA-type skills in a PVE game.
  • Viable melee combat, while still being a shooter at it's core.
  • Interesting playable characters who aren't just some grizzled white dude.
  • Gameplay arenas that have verticality and tactical positioning to them, and with adequate means of traversing them.
  • Ways to not just improve your character over time, RPG style, but also tailor them to your own person preferences.
  • Can play online with friends, and if you don't have any (like me), the game has public matches.

all in one game?

(Seriously, if you know of another game with all of that, please let me know, because there are quite a few problems I have with this game, and I'd love to explore alternatives.)

oh, and I also play because there are some warframes that have made such and impression on me that I, every now and then, get a sort of craving for.

I'll just wake up and go "I should play Equinox", or something like that.

Unique is an understatement

there is no other game like warframe, and once you have put time on it enough to have weapons and frames that have sentimental value its addicting

The lore is in depth hidden and scattered everywhere in pieces, In other MMO's lore is idk boring and its made as you progress through the game,

BUT Warframe wasn't like that to me at all, When I started 3 years ago I entered a world that already bled and had a history I felt like I woke up in the middle of the world, having to fight endlessly right off the bat and I knew nothing for the reason why I'm fighting or whats going on and NO one at the time could/would tell us anything, all we knew was little, then second dream happened and lore starts to show up everywhere in everything and S#&$ starts to make sense and we know the rest.

I think I'll just add this last bit, not to repeat my quote, but How many games have you played where you have such a diversity in warframes and their abilities to all the weapons we have, We have a huge selection and variety of melee weapon types, And guns that stem from realistic, to just outright silly, to fudgeng cool with more mechanics than most games would ever have.

That's why I always end back on warframe, the one game I call home, in the dead of space with my Tenno heart beating with the ferocity of a dragon waiting for the comming storm.

Also Clem.

Edited by AlphaTheFinalBalance
Clem

6 minutes ago, The-Tective said:

Playing through the story and watch someones playthrough is not the same thing^^

No it's not, I guess I'm just taking what you said literally... Theres a ton of grind to slog through if story if all youre after. Personally, that wouldn't be worth it to me. 

I don't play bad Star Wars games just to get the story, I just look it up.

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

No it's not, I guess I'm just taking what you said literally... Theres a ton of grind to slog through if story if all youre after. Personally, that wouldn't be worth it to me. 

I don't play bad Star Wars games just to get the story, I just look it up.

The only grind you have (if you're only interested in the story) is completing the starchart. And by doing that you unlock quests^^

Frankly i play it because the story is building up to be amazing and the gameplay is growing. But also because of the potential. I have seen warframe grow from a tiny coop free to play game to a big Scifi action coop game.

I play it because despite how many times they screw up DE learns and adapts, Warframe is currently a pretty good model of what a free to play game should be and i wanna support that.

I play Because even when the game can infuriate me at times i can look at it and say "You know... its still a great game"

11 hours ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

I play because it's fun, I enjoy mixing the different weapons and frames, and the blood curdling howls of my grineer targets as I rend flesh from bone and machine.  The later, It brings me great, almost erotic, satisfaction. 

Careful there, you might cut yourself with that edge.

Personally, because it's story is intriguing, the business model is great, my computer can handle the awesome gameplay, and because FASHIONFRAME.

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

I started for the visual unique style, got hooked by fun gameplay, the awesome community and the incredibly open devs, stayed on for the Lore and the Story.

Warframe is my new Star Wars, and I suspect it will live on long after the servers have powered down.

I'm still a relative noob (something around 600 hours now) but I play because it scratches that looter/shooter/crafter itch for me really well. While it IS pretty grindy, I like that fact that there is nothing (besides weapon and frame slots) that you cannot get just by playing, and the things you DO get are permanent.

Oh, and Clem.

3 hours ago, The_Sharp_Demonologist said:

Frankly i play it because the story is building up to be amazing and the gameplay is growing. But also because of the potential. I have seen warframe grow from a tiny coop free to play game to a big Scifi action coop game.

I play it because despite how many times they screw up DE learns and adapts, Warframe is currently a pretty good model of what a free to play game should be and i wanna support that.

I play Because even when the game can infuriate me at times i can look at it and say "You know... its still a great game"

I agree with you love WF no matter what