Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

From Update 20.3.0:

Oberon Revisited:

Oberon now joins the likes of many other Warframes to receive ability tweaks! The vision for Oberon was to give his abilities synergy between them, and to ensure that he brought sufficient aid on the battlefield. Changes to Oberon’s abilities include the following:

Passive
Allied pets receive Health, Armor and Shield buff. In addition your pet receives 1 instant revive per mission. 

Smite 

Damage from projectiles emitted from the enemy scales based on enemy level. Projectile damage spreads across all projectiles and is affected by Mods.
Hallowed Ground

Visually updated!
Hallowed Ground is now more of an 'arc' shape (Range Mods create a wider/longer arc).
Added a Status Chance that is affected by Strength Mods.
Adjusted damage and ranges.
Renewal

Increased casting animation speed.
Changed to an expanding wave of healing instead of a projectile. 
Energy drain starts once wave hits allies, not leading up to it.
Whenever Oberon casts Renewal on an ally standing on Hallowed Ground, it activates Iron Renewal, granting an Armor boost for the entire heal process, once healing is complete the Armor Boost is on a timer.
Renewal doesn’t stop healing when the target ally is at full Health. It will continue to heal as long as it is active.
Reckoning

Enemies with a Radiation Status Chance will now take bonus damage from Reckoning.
Enemies standing on Hallowed Ground will receive Armor debuffs (affected by Strength).

From Hotfix 20.3.1:

Oberon Changes & Fixes:

Smite:

As a part of this revisit, Smite has remained largely the same in execution but different in stats. After a review yesterday's deployment, we are further tweaking stats to have better initial impact and scaling. 

Increased Smite's projectile damage from 20% of the target's max Health + Shield to 35%.
Added base damage to Smite and its projectiles. With the damage of Smite scaled into its projectiles, this will give Smite more punch when facing lower level enemies.
Renewal:

Oberon’s ability to keep himself and his teammates alive is a large part of his overall role. Feedback brought forth further tweaks with the intention to solidify this role. 

Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal now functions more conventionally as a toggle which drains 2 Energy per second while active + 3 Energy per second per target actively being healed. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.
Added the "is active" ability icon animation to Renewal.
Fixed Renewal bleedout buff being removed when entering bleedout.
*We are aware of a UI bug where the Arsenal stats for Renewal show that Energy per target is not affected by Efficiency/Duration Mods. A fix will come at a later date- we wanted to get this out ASAP! 

Hallowed Ground:

Fixed Hallowed Ground being impossible to see with low particle quality setting. *Please note we are still working on Hallowed Ground FX improvements overall.
Fixed a script error with Hallowed Eruption Augment upon deactivating while another Oberon has Hallowed Ground active, resulting in the FX to remain forever.
Fixed Hallowed Ground & Hallowed Eruption Augment not hurting ragdolled enemies.

What do people think of these changes?

What feedback do you have on these changes?

What needs to be re-visited and improved?

From Update 20.4.0:

Oberon Changes & Fixes:

Increased Oberon's base energy from 100 to 150. 

Improved the visibility of Oberon’s Hallowed Ground FX. 

Fixed Oberon’s Renewal Energy per target Arsenal stat display not being affected by Efficiency Mods.

Fixed Smite projectiles not targeting ragdolled enemies. 

Fixed Renewal FX not lasting as long as the ability is active.

Fixed Health Regeneration not working after triggering the Phoenix Renewal Augment.

Fixed unequipping Oberon not returning Kavat/Kubrow Health to its original value until you enter a mission. 

Fixed performance issues from Hallowed Ground.   

Fixed some issues with trying to add or remove a Renewal buff from multiple teammates over time rather than all at once.

Fixed Renewal not being applied to allies in bleed out as it did previously.

------------------------------------------

My Thoughts:

Renewal still isn't where it should be. Please consider to make higher duration let Renewal run for longer. There's no point in it being a heal over time, if it just lasts two seconds. Additionally even if you try to build for negative duration so that your buff runs longer, it just drains insane ammounts of energy.

Please do decide wether it has no running duration and is a sustained ability like so many others, or if duration isn't inversly affected. This also makes Renewals augment still useless. On that note, 90 seconds in such a fast pace game is way too long to matter enough.

Just tried the reworked oberon and failed bitterly at sortie 1 solo. Renewal Armor buff and heal duration is not enough on hallow ground and as soon as a nullifier sets foot on hallow ground, it will disappear. The reckoning bonus damage to radiated enemies is also not worth the talk and will keep you fighting baby-level enemies. His 1st ability damage scaling is not affected by STR and the base scaling is too low to be worth the casting time.

An utterly unsatisfying rework, also the augments feel 100% useless.

I will keep trying some builds, maybe oberon will find its niche.

19 minutes ago, Genoscythe said:

Just tried the reworked oberon and failed bitterly at sortie 1 solo. Renewal Armor buff and heal duration is not enough on hallow ground and as soon as a nullifier sets foot on hallow ground, it will disappear. The reckoning bonus damage to radiated enemies is also not worth the talk and will keep you fighting baby-level enemies. His 1st ability damage scaling is not affected by STR and the base scaling is too low to be worth the casting time.

An utterly unsatisfying rework, also the augments feel 100% useless.

I will keep trying some builds, maybe oberon will find its niche.

they have learned from limbo rework :crylaugh:

the patch notes didnt convince me that he is useable. i was expecting they would make oberon OP so people would actually consider buying his prime acess and then when enough money is earned, nerf him again. but seems like oberon prime will be just another 6000-affinity-bag for me

Edited by _Mr.Robot

Quoted for visibility

Spoiler

• Hello Tenno,

We gather here post Update 20.3.0 to speak on Oberon and his recent changes.

As of right now, we have changes and fixes coming in a later Hotfix based from your feedback and suggestions. 

Current list of Changes coming include:

• Added base damage to Smite projectiles. With the damage of Smite scaled into its projectiles, this will give Smite more punch when facing lower level enemies.
  • Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal will remain active for as long as you have Energy or until you toggle it off. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.

The team is also working on more improvements to the visibility of Hallowed Ground.

Thanks! 

Current list of Fixes coming include:

• Added base damage to Smite projectiles. With the damage of Smite scaled into its projectiles, this will give Smite more punch when facing lower level enemies.
  • Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal will remain active for as long as you have Energy or until you toggle it off. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.

Current list of Fixes coming include:

• Fixed Renewal bleedout buff being removed when entering bleedout.
  • Fixed Hallowed Ground being impossible to see with low particle quality setting.
  • Fixed a script error with Hallowed Eruption Augment upon deactivating while another Oberon has Hallowed Ground active, resulting in the FX to remain forever.
  • Fixed Hallowed Ground & Hallowed Eruption Augment not hurting ragdolled enemies.

The team is also working on more improvements to the visibility of Hallowed Ground.

Thanks! 

Fixed Renewal bleedout buff being removed when entering bleedout. Fixed Hallowed Ground being impossible to see with low particle quality setting. Fixed a script error with Hallowed Eruption Augment upon deactivating while another Oberon has Hallowed Ground active, resulting in the FX to remain forever. Fixed Hallowed Ground & Hallowed Eruption Augment not hurting ragdolled enemies.

I tested my 5 Forma Oberon against Lvl 100 and 145 corrupted heavy gunner

Disclaimer: This is my opinion only. And the stats bellow arent accounting Power conversion which is also in my build (W/o pC i have 170 power strgh)

In my opinion It just doesnt add nothing, it actually gives less than it uses to.

Smite doesnt scale. It says 20% hp and smite uses punc dmg and barely did 5%. and that was the inicial blast. the other ones do no punc or rad status with the bonus of 1 legit dmg. Smite still needs Scalling done like cataclysm. using 20% base hp/shields for the inicial blast and 10% for the rest of the orbs at BASE upgradable with strgh mods. 

The carpet.. you cant even see the carpet right now. The range does seem bigger but heres the kicker. We are very mobile. I still think that the carpet should be toggleable with a set range making it a really good supporting tool for grinner and corrupted.

Renewal. Armor Buff is really bad. Even if you give flat 370 armor at 170 pwer strgh combining with carpet, it lacks usage for any tanky or imortal frame, which are a lot. In my opinion It should be a combination of Oberon's armor + power strgh

Reckoning. Theres a little niche that i like on this ability, it gives hp orbs on death. heres the problem with it. Even with 3k Dmg reckoning, with 50% armor reduction i doesnt kill, nor scales over a certain point. Scaling implies that we use % not flat numbers. which will always cap a certain point. Also, I still think that 25% to drop hp orbs on HIT instead of 50% on death would much more likely to be beneficial to oberon and make him a good support.
(Post Edit note: I forgot to add that its augment still uses the old carpet range which makes him still bad but extremely useful. Either make the range bigger like the new carpet. or make it buff like)

And these are my thoughts on The Oberon Nerf/Rework or how you want to call it

Edited by An8rchy
Added Megan's reply

The notes said that the Smite damage scales with the enemy, and is "spread across projectiles" - I wonder if they're (mistakenly or intentionally) dividing 20% of the initial target's base HP among all the projectiles, instead of using the new targets' base HP. 

E.g., you hit an enemy with 1,000 HP. 20% of that amount (200) is used as the orb damage, but is being divided among the 10 orbs - so each just does 20 damage. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

2 minutes ago, maj.death said:

I like to believe people will one day use nerf correctly. Stuff like this really kills me. Also you're complaining about an ability that can now strip 50% of armor ontop of knockdown and rad proc... because it can't one shot... seriously?

the cc isnt as great as you think, i say its a nerf cuz old reckoning was better. even old smite was better.

3 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

Smite doesnt scale. It says 20% hp and smite uses punc dmg and barely did 5%. and that was the inicial blast. the other ones do no punc or rad status with the bonus of 1 legit dmg. Smite still needs Scalling done like cataclysm. using 20% base hp/shields for the inicial blast and 10% for the rest of the orbs at BASE upgradable with strgh mods. 

IMHO I don't care much we all know how 1st abilities work, but yeah would be nice to see scaling single target abilities on all frames.

The carpet.. you cant even see the carpet right now. The range does seem bigger but heres the kicker. We are very mobile. I still think that the carpet should be toggleable with a set range making it a really good supporting tool for grinner and corrupted.

Invisible also for me, requires patch, I would totally embrace something like chroma's 2nd ability but with an actual radius

Renewal. Armor Buff is really bad. Even if you give flat 370 armor at 170 pwer strgh combining with carpet, it lacks usage for any tanky or imortal frame, which are a lot. In my opinion It should be a combination of Oberon's armor + power strgh

IMHO the armor buff is okayish but it could be turned into something like high % damage reduction

Reckoning. Theres a little niche that i like on this ability, it gives hp orbs on death. heres the problem with it. Even with 3k Dmg reckoning, with 50% armor reduction i doesnt kill, nor scales over a certain point. Scaling implies that we use % not flat numbers. which will always cap a certain point. Also, I still think that 25% to drop hp orbs on HIT instead of 50% on death would much more likely to be beneficial to oberon and make him a good support.

This would also be gold, being able to use Health Conversion, would be a great adition to oberon's build(if they still keep the flat armor value and not transfer it to damage reduction)

6 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

the cc isnt as great as you think, i say its a nerf cuz old reckoning was better. even old smite was better.

old reckoning was better? in what way? new reckoning is literally the same as old reckoning with an armor debuff and extra damage if enemies are radiated (which synergizes with itself since reckoning procs radiation)

I'm dying to try out this rework, but I am somewhat concerned seeing people are reporting that they're seeing like, 17 damage on orbs from Smite, when using a 200%+ power strength build. That seems...low. What's up with that? Bug? Glitch? Just a fact of the new scaling?

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

2 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

old reckoning was better? in what way? new reckoning is literally the same as old reckoning with an armor debuff and extra damage if enemies are radiated (which synergizes with itself since reckoning procs radiation)

I legit did more dmg with old reckoning than new reckoning with bonus dmg. 

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I'm dying to try out this rework, but I am somewhat concerned seeing people are reporting that they're seeing like, 17 damage on orbs from Smite, when using a 200%+ power strength build. That seems...low. What's up with that? Bug? Glitch? Just a fact of the new scaling?

Oberon 284% power strength

Direct damage 1420,  +20% of target's HP on 17 projectiles

Level 20:  Heavy gunner + elite lancers
18 observed damage per projectile  (306 extra damage after armor)

Level 100: Heavy gunner + elite lancers
242 observed damage per projectile (4114 extra damage after armor)

Expect much bigger numbers if you strip armor first.

1 minute ago, An8rchy said:

I legit did more dmg with old reckoning than new reckoning with bonus dmg. 

Well this is easy to test

Someone on ps4 vs level 100 0 armor infested hit a group of mobs with reckoning at 200% pwr and post a video

Someone on pc do exactly the same thing and pc and post very clear screen shots of enemy level and damage numbers.

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

The orbs do % health+shields damage, but that damage is puncture damage, which means when you're using it on an enemy that has a lot of armor, say a lvl 145 heavy gunner, you're going to do a lot less damage than expected

2 minutes ago, Nazzami said:

Oberon can make a good party armour buffer now using renewal and hallowed reckoning augment with 200% thats a additional 900 to your party.

that's 900 to yourself. if you happen to have 15 armor like some people.. you get an additional 90.

even if he is buffed i would still call him sub par, he is still out classed by any other frame that can do what he can. i find very little use in these buffs any way, a lot of them need more damage and percentage buffs. like 10% more maybe 30%