Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

Should we just make a new thread about this with less arguing and personal attacks?

It's a legit concern, in my opinion. For the most part I think of DE's art team as some of the most gifted people they have on board. They're allowed some leeway and some mistakes in my book, and this is very definitely a mistake for which we at least need a toggle. 

Other frames have an option to toggle off details in their appearance, maybe it could somehow be put there although I imagine that would be more of a hassle coding-wise. 
I guess a 'Toggle Prime Ferns' switch in the game's display UI would have some disarming humor to it as well. 

Edited by Wiergate

On 7/1/2017 at 9:19 AM, LuckyCharm said:

I would honestly love if hallowed ground looked similar to a full metal alchemist alchemy circle. All glowy from the ground and such. at least it'd look like a "hallowed ground" depending on what symbol they used. Kind of like a ward against evil. 

Id love it if they have him Tenno arcane effects. That would be awesome

• 4 weeks later...

Can't we just have the original hollowed ground effects back? 

I'm still not feeling Oberon as a plant frame. The effect itself isn't what bothers me, it's the theme. Out should look more radiation-esque

I will say, that it looks AWESOME on the Earth tileset. Maybe, they could keep the ferns on Earth and

Edited by Hypernaut1

19 hours ago, Avlaen said:

Love the rework but hate the ferns/grass :( would love a way to toggle it off. (maybe in the arsenal screen?)

Yeah. I wasn't a fan of the visual change. I've never seen Oberon as a "plant" frame. This just seems out of place.

I always thought the most appropriate visual for HG would be like an aurora. Like radiation seeping out of the ground and into the air. It would look cool, IMO.

At the very least I'll settle for a toggle. I don't like the plants.

I would agree, Oberon just doesn't come across as a nature/plant type though he has small elements of that in his armor. I figure the plants were added for those that think of Oberon as less a Paladin and more Druid. I don't see it, but for some, that is their perception.

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ivan of Jupiter said:

Yeah. I wasn't a fan of the visual change. I've never seen Oberon as a "plant" frame. This just seems out of place.

I always thought the most appropriate visual for HG would be like an aurora. Like radiation seeping out of the ground and into the air. It would look cool, IMO.

At the very least I'll settle for a toggle. I don't like the plants.

Definitely behind both the toggle and changing it to something more fitting and less intrusive. I build regular Obie Trice for the Mastery but liked him enough to want the prime. With the ferns I cannot play him, it's just horridly out of place and not something I want to see mission after mission.

I don't like the idea of Hallowed Ground spawning grass/ferns, I've never seen Oberon as a plant/nature based frame. Yes he has some similarities to that theme, but I see his abilities to that of a paladin.

If we look at Hallowed Grounds description, it says: "Sanctifies the ground before Oberon with righteous fire, inflicting damage to any enemy that stands in the flames."

Yeah... it's just misleading. If they're not going with Hallowed Ground spawning holy flames and such, they might as well change the description of it to how Hallowed Ground is now. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)optimusprime786 said:

I don't like the idea of Hallowed Ground spawning grass/ferns, I've never seen Oberon as a plant/nature based frame. Yes he has some similarities to that theme, but I see his abilities to that of a paladin.

If we look at Hallowed Grounds description, it says: "Sanctifies the ground before Oberon with righteous fire, inflicting damage to any enemy that stands in the flames."

Yeah... it's just misleading. If they're not going with Hallowed Ground spawning holy flames and such, they might as well change the description of it to how Hallowed Ground is now. 

Or just change it back to the way it was/give it a visual that's more appropriate to the description.

9 hours ago, (PS4)optimusprime786 said:

The original effect was perfect, is just didn't make sense as a rectangular carpet

The point of having corrupted mods is to limit you from building overpowered frames.   Saying renewal lasts only for 2 seconds means you did not build  to enhance your renewal, simple as that.  if you didn't get it, oberon deals radiation damage which gives a lot of CC when you know the distance to keep away and combining hallowed ground with re knocking strips armor off @ 170 power strength.  And oberon requires a little work for the kill he is not a nuke. Other frames are similar,  banshee, octavia, harrow are just a few examples. Reading the procs that occur on enemies and knowing which damage types work better with frame abilities is also important.   there are certain frames who can just stand there and take hits while others require different strategies, play styles.  And this is the beauty of Warframe.

On 8/5/2017 at 10:52 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

The original effect was perfect, is just didn't make sense as a rectangular carpet

I agree! I wish it could have been an oval that could be expanded by holding down the power, at the expense of energy. It has gone from a "Hallowed Carpet" to "Hallowed Glow Floor" and the all the way to how it is now, a "Hallowed Garden". 

It's visually awesome to look at now, but I wish the plants were translucent. They make it harder to see what pickups are on the ground. While this isn't important with a Vaccuum equipped Sentinel, people don't always equip it. 

In response to fullblast35's post, I totally agree. Oberon requires a different play style, and if people can't wrap their minds around the fact that Warframes each play differently, then I'm not sure what to say! 

Oberon has terrific CC, but you have to know how to use him! He functions as mid-range, CC, heavy, team-support. A high critical weapon equipped with Condition Overload, Blood Rush, and Drifting Contact mods, will kill most everything you encounter. 

It may take a little bit more time to kill the enemies, but the thing is, you have teammates! So, take what fullblast35 has said to heart, Tenno! 

On 8/12/2017 at 9:05 AM, (Xbox One)ZenithLord 42 said:

In response to fullblast35's post, I totally agree. Oberon requires a different play style, and if people can't wrap their minds around the fact that Warframes each play differently, then I'm not sure what to say! 

Oberon has terrific CC, but you have to know how to use him! He functions as mid-range, CC, heavy, team-support. A high critical weapon equipped with Condition Overload, Blood Rush, and Drifting Contact mods, will kill most everything you encounter. 

It may take a little bit more time to kill the enemies, but the thing is, you have teammates! So, take what fullblast35 has said to heart, Tenno! 

The people out there wanting a channeling 2, or to allow zenurik through 3, do not understand what to do. They want the wrong stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 4:10 AM, Doomsknight said:

His 1 should not be an equal to roar. It is strong for damage bonus and utility, but it still has enemy damage that scales on health, rad procs, and puncture procs to at most 5 enemies, and is easy to spam. 

2 aug allows a duration build to have burst damage. Not my favorite, as you can't lay down carpets so much, but it is still fun in mid level content. 4 augment is very strong, as it allows you to get very strong buffs in a zone, great for interceptions. 3 augment is already good, as if they aren't instantly raised then they get to have extended down time.