Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

14 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

I legit did more dmg with old reckoning than new reckoning with bonus dmg. 

If you're doing less damage, that's down to you and your build. The ONLY change was to add more damage, and strip armor.

Edited by Momaw

1 minute ago, maj.death said:

that's 900 to yourself. if you happen to have 15 armor like some people.. you get an additional 90.

no Oberon adds armour it isnt a % based buff renewal with 200% power str will give 400 armour, the hallowed reckoning augment with 200% power str is a additional 500 armour

Edited by Nazzami

I tested my 5 Forma Oberon against Lvl 100 and 145 corrupted heavy gunner

irrelevant faction at a level no one will ever play at outside the simulacrum

In my opinion It just doesnt add nothing, it actually gives less than it uses to.

And these are my thoughts on The Oberon Nerf/Rework or how you want to call it

what are you on about? he is literally better in every way now. the only thing that was lost renewal's infinite range which was near completely useless anyway with how long it took the orbs to reach your teammates

Smite doesnt scale. It says 20% hp and smite uses punc dmg and barely did 5%. and that was the inicial blast. the other ones do no punc or rad status with the bonus of 1 legit dmg. Smite still needs Scalling done like cataclysm. using 20% base hp/shields for the inicial blast and 10% for the rest of the orbs at BASE upgradable with strgh mods.

see first point. also it never needed scaling damage to begin with, smite is a solid 1 ability with decent CC

The range does seem bigger but heres the kicker. We are very mobile.

so? hallowed ground is now useful regardless if you're speed running or holding down an area. it's not hard to quickly pop HG and then renewal for a quick armor buff in fast missions. and if you're holding down an area it will still give status immunity and radiation procs to enemies in range

Renewal. Armor Buff is really bad. Even if you give flat 370 armor at 170 pwer strgh combining with carpet, it lacks usage for any tanky or imortal frame, which are a lot.

why do tank frames need to be tankier? the armor buff is still decent for tanks, but it is far more beneficial for non-tanks; as it should be

Even with 3k Dmg reckoning, with 50% armor reduction i doesnt kill, nor scales over a certain point. Scaling implies that we use % not flat numbers. which will always cap a certain point

it doesn't need to kill, reckoning was always a good CC ability, now it has armor stripping

I still think that 25% to drop hp orbs on HIT instead of 50% on death would much more likely to be beneficial to oberon and make him a good support.

I agree with this though, either make it on hit or on death from enemies hit, regardless of what kill them

Edited by VinDanger
infinite range renewal

1 minute ago, Death_Master_ said:

Why is it irrelevant? I was on a survival yesterday and killed lv250+ greneer.

Corrupted Heavy Gunner isn't Grineer, first off, and it's uncommon for people to be running at that level. Testing against the absolute max level you can test against isn't preparing for normal gameplay scenarios at all.

3 minutes ago, Death_Master_ said:

Why is it irrelevant? I was on a survival yesterday and killed lv250+ greneer.

The reason why it is irrelevant is because the game and all current and in development warframes being made/reworked are being balanced for sortie 3 play, which only goes up to about level 100 enemies. Level 100-145 Corrupted is beyond what the developers currently expect you to face, and beyond what they are balancing warframes for. 

I main Oberon (what do you call to 53% usage on him), and from what I saw this is a massive nerf (not that I expected anything else from what I knew about Oberon and what I saw that DE planned).

I dislike the passive because I use Sentinels, but this is my preference so i won't go into this.

Smite - I did a syndicate mission around lvl 20 with my regular build, smite used to kill ospreys, no longer does unless you smite them multiple times,even if you use it on a big guy the damage is pathetic both on main blast as well of secondary orbs, not that I care that much because smite was never meant for damage it was meant for disruption it's what a skill that inflics rad and knockdown does, it CCs a big target and in groups puts everyone vs that big target. Only shows how much the guy that was working on the rework knew about Oberon.

Hallowed ground - the good of this rework, at least to an extent, its area was massively boosted and the procs are common, also it seems like it was boosted in damage, unlike smite I could feel it was dealing damage or at least the procs were doing their work. Also the synergies are nice but again in a fast paced game like WF a static ability like this needs way more to be worthwhile. It's purpose should remain mostly the same at higher levels to save you from insane damage procs.

The bad about this is the visual that according to Rebecca wasn't final... Thank god it's not final because it remains the same and I can barely see it even Rebecca saw how bad it was and instantly said it's not final how can the guy in charge of that not realize that she was saying in a discrete way "Dude this ilook ****ing horrible, do something about this ASAP... the older one might be ugly but it was perceptible... this one is uglier and unintutitive.

Renewal - How is it possible to mess up a skill so hard? I mean this skill already had issues, the inverse duration, the fact that the skill didn't know if it wanted to be a toggle or a duration skill, not healing allied NPCs (hope that the wave solved this) and the stop on full health that thankfully the comunity screamed so hard that DE managed to listen and it was the only change in a number of changes that were promissing to ruin this skill, and they did. I need to test it further tomorrow but it seems to me it heals at a slower rate, also Oberon is now a solo frame he use to save allies from across the map thanks to the infinite range removal,I lost count of the times I did this with infinite range and bleedout extend (this might as well be removed without the infinite range there's no meaning to it since they have to be close to you to get it.). This skill is now the poor, starving and crippled man's version of Trinity's blessing. Flat out inferior in EVERYTHING, heals less, heals slower, takes time to start to heal whatever you choose Trinity does it better, nice job DE in a field where Oberon was outclassed you managed to outclass him ever further.

Reckoning - didn't see much changes need to test more it tomorrow. Heard that damage was nerfed as well but no matter, purpose here is mostly CC + blind + Rad. At higher levels it's purpose is as a "oh ****!" button when you're surrounded, to jump in the mid of mutilpe enemies and cause mayhem or to save downed allies

Still if it was really nerfed on damage I have to ask why? This wasn't a pre-rework Bladestorm.

You remember the Saryn rework? And how people bellyached that DE had ruined Saryn forever in those first few weeks following her rework?

You remember how quickly all the grumbling ceased when we finally stopped trying to revive Miasma Saryn and figured out how to maximize Spores for a similar application?

Well, this is probably the same scene. It's going to take time and experimentation to figure out how the new Oberon works. If you build him according to the mechanics of the old Oberon, it's a given that he's gonna be a disappointment. But should you try something different...

...You'll probably find out how the Oberon of today is better than the old goat he was yesterday.

Edited by (XB1)Vile Slanders

I have never seen someone TRY so hard to hate something in their entire life. Wow. (Talking about the rant two posts above mine). Calling the second ability nerfed because its better, but doesn't look good visually? Saying they tested it a little and didn't see any nerfed damage, but already deciding it is nerfed somehow because they want to be angry? Saying Smite is supposed to be for cc, but complaining it isn't doing a ton of damage? 

The only real nerf I see mentioned there is that Renewal doesn't have infinite range anymore. And there are far more buffs here, unless I am literally crazy. I don't see how you can look at the sum of all this and say its a nerf. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Every time I've casted it, I can't see it. I'm not using a dark color like Black, I actually used a bright yellow-green color to test it so I can very easily see it's range...but I can't see it!

I've asked a few squads I'm in if they can see it, and they've said they could, so is this a client side issue?

It's a graphic settings issue. I have heard others who have tested it have said that on the lower settings, with particle effects turned down, it is essentially impossible to see. It probably needs a visual overhaul so its easier to see it on lower graphic settings. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

It's a graphic settings issue. I have heard others who have tested it have said that on the lower settings, with particle effects turned down, it is essentially impossible to see. It probably needs a visual overhaul. 

I do use the absolute minimal settings. Rip.

Just now, EternalOdyessy said:

I do use the absolute minimal settings. Rip.

Hopefully they will fix it soon. I have heard some complain that even on higher settings it doesn't look very great visually, although I have not gotten a chance yet today to get on and test it for myself. 

I am sure once they realize the issue they will do something about it. 

1 hour ago, Genoscythe said:

Just tried the reworked oberon and failed bitterly at sortie 1 solo. Renewal Armor buff and heal duration is not enough on hallow ground and as soon as a nullifier sets foot on hallow ground, it will disappear. The reckoning bonus damage to radiated enemies is also not worth the talk and will keep you fighting baby-level enemies. His 1st ability damage scaling is not affected by STR and the base scaling is too low to be worth the casting time.

An utterly unsatisfying rework, also the augments feel 100% useless.

I will keep trying some builds, maybe oberon will find its niche.

Welp, one can tell you definitely don't play Oberon.  How can his 1st ability not be worth the casting time when you can use it while firing/reloading?

28 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Vile Slanders said:

You remember the Saryn rework? And how people bellyached that DE had ruined Saryn forever in those first few weeks following her rework?

You remember how quickly all the grumbling ceased when we finally stopped trying to revive Miasma Saryn and figured out how to maximize Spores for a similar application?

Well, this is probably the same scene. It's going to take time and experimentation to figure out how the new Oberon works. If you build him according to the mechanics of the old Oberon, it's a given that he's gonna be a disappointment. But should you try something different...

...You'll probably find out how the Oberon of today is better than the old goat he was yesterday.

Of course nobody remembers how Saryn went from hated to loved in a matter of days.

The difference here is that you don't even need to tweak your Oberon build to see the changes giving you positives.

1 hour ago, An8rchy said:

I tested my 5 Forma Oberon against Lvl 100 and 145 corrupted heavy gunner

Hmm you whole base 5x forma build numbers are pretty bleak from what I see in that picture. I have a 5x forma Oberon myself but considering he has been my main frame since his release I can tell even before playing it that this rework is indeed a buff/enhancement to Oberon. It will however take a bit more effort for people who do not fully understand the synergy and how he works to get a setup where you see the changes made as effective. 

As a personal note "testing" in the simulator is completely useless and I just don't understand why players do this and come up with erroneous numbers and statements. None of Oberon's skills are meant to be one hit kills that is not how he works now or before.

3 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

As a personal note "testing" in the simulator is completely useless and I just don't understand why players do this and come up with erroneous numbers and statements.

The thing is it is a boon on testing projected power growth and weapon/frame combination in a controlled environment.

Its the perfect place to really and reliably run the numbers.

Problem is its equally capable of spreading panic button false information (limbo cata for example)- people were posting videos vs ONLY the corpus mooks, rarely ever vs armored/ tethered targets or mixed batch enemies.

This created a huge misconception which is the flaw of the simulacrum. 

40 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I have never seen someone TRY so hard to hate something in their entire life. Wow. (Talking about the rant two posts above mine). Calling the second ability nerfed because its better, but doesn't look good visually? Saying they tested it a little and didn't see any nerfed damage, but already deciding it is nerfed somehow because they want to be angry? Saying Smite is supposed to be for cc, but complaining it isn't doing a ton of damage? 

The only real nerf I see mentioned there is that Renewal doesn't have infinite range anymore. And there are far more buffs here, unless I am literally crazy. I don't see how you can look at the sum of all this and say its a nerf. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. 

Where did i said HG was nerfed? I called it the good of the rework good=nerf nowadays? About the visual it's not just a matter of just looking bad, it's matter of knowing where its placed, kind of important for a skill that buffs you if you are standing on top of it.

"Saying they tested it a little and didn't see any nerfed damage" the only part i said something somewhat resembling this was on reckoning which I also said "didn't see much changes need to test more it tomorrow" and "... if it was really nerfed..." huge diference between it was and if it was

Complaining about smite not dealing a ton of damage? "not that I care that much because smite was never meant for damage" ............. note if you don't care it means you do and you are complaining.

It gained armor on HG which speaking on synergy will have a funny one with inverted duration, the only real buff it had was the heal after max hp. considering what it lost, not worth it (at least not for helping teamates).

BTW this is not a frame I started to play yesterday this is a frame that I played more than half of the time I spent on this game, a frame I use daily on sorties, that i used multiple times on trials unless teams demanded another frame and that I took for over two hours in the old void survival against levels over 350. When everyone was playing press 4 to win ash and saryn i was playing oberon when everyone was playing the mirage simulor, I was still playing oberon, do you know what I was playing when everyone was spamming Limbo's cataclysm?

Edited by NeonNemesis