The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

6 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Considering this change, would an increase of his energy pool be possible? Maybe to 200? 

Quick thinking / Pheonix renewal / rage / steel fiber / vitality

that could be a viable build no need to add more energy

Edited by An8rchy

1 minute ago, An8rchy said:

Quick thinking / Pheonix renewal / rage / steel fiber / vitality

that could be a viable build no need to add more energy

And that's 5 slots gone only to sustain 1 ability effectively. An energy increase is much better. 

26 minutes ago, ApplySci said:

Oberon still isnt meta and the community demands Meta or else! /s

Seriously though, To the people who think this made Oberon worse, you really dont know what you are talking about. To those who just arent happy with it, Im sure you will reply with specific changes that YOU want and oddly enough, involve making Oberon the most powerful/tanky thing in the game. not everything is meant to be god-teir (but this rework is AMZING and im just happy everyone in my mountain clan love it too) 

You know its at times like this that I would love for DE to make a 2nd version of Oberon with the original powerset and leave both in the game for a certain amount of time, after all the hype dies amnd the white knight calm down and move on to the next thing I would love to see the % of people playing the "uber amazing reworked Oberon" and people playing the crappy pre-rework one.

I bet we'd have a surprise since the white knights never played him nor they will ever play him and they are just out in force to support DE no matter how hard they ruin a frame because DE can never be wrong.

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG JupiterIvan said:

That's actually fantastic! Thanks for letting me know. As for Renewal becoming a toggle what does this mean for Iron Renewal? Does it remain active or is it on a timer? If you don't mind letting me know, that'd be great.

I also made the same question like An8rchy said nothing was said, but considering DE's historial expect it to only last as long as renewal is active.

Remember with DE is hope the best but expect almost for sure the worse.

20 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Please read the updates if you want to get so opinionated. They are adding a base damage to Smite so that it can kill at low levels.

It's not an opinion. Weapons dont make frames. Abilities (and even a lot of times the team) makes a frame.

@[DE]Megan Was Hallowed Ground's base 20% armor buff intentionally removed? I feel that it should've stayed and stacked with Iron Renewal. Perhaps calculate every armor increasing mod and Iron Renewal and add Hallowed Ground's armor buff as last?

11 minutes ago, Naizuri said:

Am I crazy for asking, like can we just get a whole new set of skills...Not this "rad" party set haha...

Then we're not really playing as Oberon anymore, are we? :^)

22 minutes ago, Melkia said:

It's not an opinion if i mention actual facts, you know? As i ALREADY said, the balls were a bad design choice cos' of their travel time, making the infinite range basically useless. Work on your text comprehension instead of rolling eyes ;)

Oooh what do we have here? A little cute pretentious prick? Assuming people talk without knowing their S#&$. Well seems like you're the one who's not aware of how it was impracticle and ultimately ineffective to heal with "the balls".

For what good you could've done with Oberon, there no way anyone would've pick him as a healer over a Trinity or even an Equinox for anything high level. Now he has a better chance to be a successful healer, while also having a better armor buff, compared to before(when hallowed ground was only useful for the status immunity).

Insults really? What are you 5?.

With 53% of usage of Oberon I know what I'm talking about, I didn't ride the wagon when I heard about a rework, I know the shortcoming and benefits of the orbs, also lol at the sense you are making they are bad design because of the travel time and yet the wave also has travel time so by your definition it is also bad design?

He competed with Equinox and Trinity that have instant heals in a area while he had HoT with travel time, so his advantage was the range, now he lacks it where is that "better chance to be a sucessful healer"? How can a HoT with travel time compete against instant heals? Simple it can't it is flat out inferior

Yes he has better armor and he needs to cast 2 skills for it, if you think that's gonna make any diference at sortie levels wait till you catch on the 3rd one the corpus techs AKA the one punch man of the corpus. 

I agree with you that HG was only useful for status removal and CC resistence, now it's also good for the Rad procs as well, but don't expect Iron renewal to be anything relevant. Oh and BTW Trin's Bless also gives % damage reduction.

6 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

* Worst of all is that they're expecting all this 'synergy' which demands constant ability casting, but apparently aren't going to give us any way of regaining energy naturally. So it feels like they're punishing us for using Oberon's abilities they've just now reworked.

Thats what rage is for, its not the worse idea ever but i don't like it at all. That +phenox renewal means party Defy (wukong auto rez) even with a 90 sec cool down that per person not oberon itself. if this becomes the new build i'm going to have to completely reforma.

Edited by Nirune

1 hour ago, Kuestenjung said:

That´s not a passive anymore, that´s an active ability.

Well, yes and no. Yes in that it requires some activity to be used, but no in the sense that it requires no energy.
It all depends on where you draw the line for what a passive actually is.

A 100% truly passive ability is something where you don't need to do ANYTHING for it to take place. Examples:

* Nidus' health regen
* Frost's freeze-melee-attackers.
* Ivara's enemy radar.

Then you have many "upgrade passives" which upgrades your other non-energy actions in simple numerical ways (which sometimes help your abilities too). Examples:
* Ash's upgrades bleed effects. This minimally requires you to fight (which is an action), so it's not truly passive.
* Banshee's upgrades noise levels. This has no effect unless you do noisy stuff, which requires shooting (which is an action), so it's not truly passive.
* Trinity's upgrades rez-speed. This has no effect unless you start resurrecting someone (which is an action), so it's not truly passive.

Most passives go in that area.

Then you have passives which adds something NEW or ALTERS your other actions. Examples:
* Titania's bulletjump field-bonus. This requires you to bullet jump (which is an action), but it's not just an improvement to her bullet jump, it also adds a field to improve it for others. This is ALMOST the same as the above passives, but with a tiny bit extra added to it.
* Rhino's hard landing requires you to land from a high fall (which in itself requires some prior actions), but it adds an "ability", a shockwave, to this landing. Similar could be said of Nova's retaliatory shockwave, but that one is more passive (since Nova doesn't really need to do anything for it to take place).
* Limbo's rift walk dash. This is technically an ability, because not only does it HEAVILY influence with all your abilities and such, but it also ALTERS one of your basic actions into something else.
* Oberon's suggested enchant would also technically be an ability, similar to Limbos. It's basicly his old passive, but with fine control over it and more options.

All of these are "ability"-passives, in one way or another. But they're still passive in the sense that they require no energy to take effect.

If anything, there are worse offenders in "passives not actually being passives", since they requires WARFRAME ABILITY useage to take place at all. Examples:
* Nyx's disarming. It requires ABILITIES to be used to take effect, hence not a passive at all. It's basicly a side-effect on her abilities.
* Octavia's energy regen. It requires ABILITIES to be used to start, hence not a passive at all. It's basicly a side-effect on her abilities.

So... yeah, I feel such an "active passive" as my suggested one for Oberon is still fine. It requires no energy, thus, technically still a passive.

All that said, what do you guys think of the OTHER suggested stuff? :D

Edited by Azamagon

Just now, Nirune said:

Thats what rage is for, its not the worse idea ever but i don't like it at all. That +phenox renewal means party Defy (wukong auto rez) even with a 90 sec cool down that per person not oberon itself. if this becomes the new build i'm going to have to completely reforma.

Phoenix Renewal will still be trash. It doesn't give any immortality temporarily like Defy, it just gives back half health, It doesn't just have a 90 sec cooldown per person, it has a 90 second cooldown period, as in it can only activate once every 90 seconds. And it can only activate for each party member ONCE per mission. Nothing about this rework will change the fact that Phoenix Renewal is irredeemable garbage. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Phoenix Renewal will still be trash. It doesn't give any immortality temporarily like Defy, it just gives back half health, It doesn't just have a 90 sec cooldown per person, it has a 90 second cooldown period, as in it can only activate once every 90 seconds. And it can only activate for each party member ONCE per mission. Nothing about this rework will change the fact that Phoenix Renewal is irredeemable garbage. 

Once per mission?? Are you sure about that? Pretty sure it activates again after the 90 seconds cooldown period.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno,

We gather here post Update 20.3.0 to speak on Oberon and his recent changes.

As of right now, we have changes and fixes coming in a later Hotfix based from your feedback and suggestions. 

Current list of Changes coming include:

• Added base damage to Smite projectiles. With the damage of Smite scaled into its projectiles, this will give Smite more punch when facing lower level enemies.
  • Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal will remain active for as long as you have Energy or until you toggle it off. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.

Current list of Fixes coming include:

• Fixed Renewal bleedout buff being removed when entering bleedout.
  • Fixed Hallowed Ground being impossible to see with low particle quality setting.
  • Fixed a script error with Hallowed Eruption Augment upon deactivating while another Oberon has Hallowed Ground active, resulting in the FX to remain forever.
  • Fixed Hallowed Ground & Hallowed Eruption Augment not hurting ragdolled enemies.

The team is also working on more improvements to the visibility of Hallowed Ground.

Thanks! 

On top of these changes Renewal should have a great range and also give around 50% damage reduction. Healing without damage reduction isn't good at all in this game.

Hello Tenno,

As of right now, we have changes and fixes coming in a later Hotfix based from your feedback and suggestions. 

• Added base damage to Smite projectiles. With the damage of Smite scaled into its projectiles, this will give Smite more punch when facing lower level enemies.
  • Removed Heal Time from Renewal. Renewal will remain active for as long as you have Energy or until you toggle it off. *Please note that Trinity's Energy Vampire will not give Oberon Energy while Renewal is active.

• Fixed Hallowed Ground being impossible to see with low particle quality setting.
  • Fixed a script error with Hallowed Eruption Augment upon deactivating while another Oberon has Hallowed Ground active, resulting in the FX to remain forever.
  • Fixed Hallowed Ground & Hallowed Eruption Augment not hurting ragdolled enemies.

The team is also working on more improvements to the visibility of Hallowed Ground.

Thanks! 

Glad to hear that Oberon isn't off the plate yet.

4 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah your right that is still S#&$ i've misread that mod this whole time. only works once per ally and has a 90 sec cool down, i read that as works on one alley with a 90 sec cool down. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Renewal

Edited by Nirune

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

It can on another ally, but only once per ally per mission. And only once every 90 seconds. 

Meaning Phoenix Renewal only affects allies once for the whole mission but Oberon himself alone have a 90 second cooldown? This sounds like a bug to me.

Just now, Nirune said:

Yeah your right that is still S#&$ i've misread that mod this whole time. only works once per ally and has a 90 sec cool down, i read that as works on one alley with a 90 sec cool down. 

It needs multiple buffs. Less cooldown (cooldown is too long), and should be able to work on the same ally more than once per mission. Right now it just isn't strong enough to slot. And with Renewal having a much shorter range now too, that makes it harder to make any use of. Even though theoretically with Renewal on most of the time it would seem easier to use. It's a mod that seems like it could be neat in practice, but they were afraid of it being too powerful so they overbalanced it right out of the gate. 

What I would like to see for Renewal is not infinite range like before, because that is OP, but range mechanics similar to Trinity's, making use of affinity range mechanics, and allowing people to use the Vazarin affinity range increase trait to increase the range even more. 

Hello Tenno,

Thanks! 

A nice addition to his 2 would be to have the status chance scale with the number of enemies on the "carpet" up to a cap of let's say 60%.

Could it be possible to make the bleedout timer extensions  infinite range, instant and scale off Oberon's distance from the downed player? This would help him fill a role that is not occupied by current support frames. Also could maybe the cooldown on the augment be a bit less harsh? say 30sec? Maybe generate overshields throughout the invulnerability period based on the damage taken? Also instead of a cooldown for all allies, wouldn't it be better for oberon to have his own independent cooldown (conceptually similar to Mesa's Shooting Gallery buff)?

Also maybe add a tiny bit of Nidus touch to his ult such that it deals a bit more damage the more enemies it hits (or maybe remove more armour rather than damage) along with the radiation bonus (Maybe another damage bonus for puncture procs so it further synergizes with his 1?). For an ability of that small range I feel that it should do a better job at chipping off at enemy health. 

Edited by Kurambik

2 minutes ago, LokiTheCondom said:

Meaning Phoenix Renewal only affects allies once for the whole mission but Oberon himself alone have a 90 second cooldown? This sounds like a bug to me.

The wording is confusing, but in practice it works out to almost never doing anything of note. It needs straight up buffing imo, less cooldown, ability to act on the same warframes multiple times during the mission, and maybe even an extra effect where if a squad member goes down, and Renewal isn't up, you can cast it, and use a charge of Phoenix Renewal to revive them with half health. That would make it way more useful. 

Come on man, don't diss the youtuber when he's right...

The warframe has absolutely nothing special to it, and nothing to make him good. He deals absolutely no damage, all scaling accounted for, and none of his effects are worth the energy cost.

I loved Oberon, and I was looking forward to the 'rework', but he does nothing good, or better than any other Warframe.

• The rad procs are not good enough CC, and never have been
  • his 3 doesn't heal fast enough
  • his 3 costs too much
  • the armor buff the 3 gives is bad
  • his 4 does absolutely no damage and has ok range
  • the armor debuff doesn't help
  • his survivability is still terrible, that hasn't changed
  • his 1 is pretty much useless apart from like the knockdown which doesn't last enough
  • his 1 does absolutely no damage

This is the worst warframe in the game, and has been made worse.

If you disagree, show me a video, teach me a build, a setup, something, that makes him good. PLEASE, I am genuinely pleading with you, no sarcasm, no ill intent. I really think he was nerfed, and I want to be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It needs multiple buffs. Less cooldown (cooldown is too long), and should be able to work on the same ally more than once per mission. Right now it just isn't strong enough to slot. And with Renewal having a much shorter range now too, that makes it harder to make any use of. Even though theoretically with Renewal on most of the time it would seem easier to use. It's a mod that seems like it could be neat in practice, but they were afraid of it being too powerful so they overbalanced it right out of the gate. 

What I would like to see for Renewal is not infinite range like before, because that is OP, but range mechanics similar to Trinity's, making use of affinity range mechanics, and allowing people to use the Vazarin affinity range increase trait to increase the range even more. 

Honestly i've been messing around with this current oberon (i've mained oberon for almost 2 years), truthfully its really not bad. I'd like my one to do more damage but i'd take it as is. My renewal heals 36 meters away, i'm fine with that. in comparison a maxed range nekros despoil is 62 meters, Trin's heal is 20 meters. I really like the new renewal, and if i'm being frank if your so far away that my renewal can't reach you. Meaning you separated from the group and are "soloing" a party map, that really seems like a you problem.(not as in you but as in the soloer).

Edited by Nirune