The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

58 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

Yeah, so because Volt (WHO HAS THE LARGEST ENERGY POOL IN THE GAME AND DOESN'T SPAM HIS ABILITIES) doesn't have an energy gain mechanic, Oberon shouldn't? Thats your argument? Jeez, I lost all faith in the Oberon rework. They are looking for ideas to improve him and all we have are a load of mouthbreathers in the community.

What did you expect, 90% of them used to see a teammate with Oberon and though to themselves "Ugh Oberon yuck" and as soon as they heard the word rework along with the magic word Scaling they all boarded the train acting like they played Oberon even before their birth. So much that smite never was a damage dealing skill, it's core was always the CC + Rad proc.

Also about this what DE is doing is saving the armor and energy changes for Oberon prime so they can sell more prime access, anyone wanna bet that Oberon Prime will come out with way bigger stats on these areas rather than small improvements?

46 minutes ago, PhoenixXV said:

In practice, it prevents you from manually resurrecting your kubrow during the bleedout timer and counts as a "death" for the purposes of loyalty decay, leading to a lot of unhappy puppers and quickly plunging your loyalty numbers into the negatives. 

Mwahahaha!  That is hilarious!  Sorry but it is.  Sad but so funny.  They tried so hard to find an adequate passive for oberon and didn't even make sure it works in every aspect of the pet's companionship.  Anyway...

This is a good find, thanks for sharing it, for someone who doesn't post much on forums it takes a considerable shock to the system to spur them to do so.

4 minutes ago, NeonNemesis said:

What did you expect, 90% of them used to see a teammate with Oberon and though to themselves "Ugh Oberon yuck" and as soon as they heard the word rework along with the magic word Scaling they all boarded the train acting like they played Oberon even before their birth. So much that smite never was a damage dealing skill, it's core was always the CC + Rad proc.

Also about this what DE is doing is saving the armor and energy changes for Oberon prime so they can sell more prime access, anyone wanna bet that Oberon Prime will come out with way bigger stats on these areas rather than small improvements?

Agreed. Utility is far more useful than damage, and Smite is one of the best 1s in the game in that regard.

As far as the 2nd paragraph goes, as an ability spammer a stat increase won't be enough to fix his problems. Volt isn't a spammer, he is duration based and that's why it works. I say this as a person who uses both frames very often in endurance runs. (both are top 3 most played overall)

Edited by Music4Therapy

8 minutes ago, NeonNemesis said:

cearly you never played the 3rd sorties agains corpus and met thei Saitama the One Shot Corpus Tech where not even QT saves you, before you get the armor boost you'll be on the ground bleeding with the skill deactivated.

I did... probably more often than you think.That's why I'm focused on "much more armor" thing. And I'm thinking about Ice Chroma Vex Armor amount, or even higher. Like "What puncture?" He suppose to be a protector right? He cant protect even him self right now.

30 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

build zenistar like u build hallowed ground no other elements than radiation

So your solution is to make my zenistar worse so that it's on par with HG?

Just now, TheDefenestrater said:

So your solution is to make my zenistar worse so that it's on par with HG?

That's what I was saying in Region about people being braindead and filling all these threads that provide possible solutions to Oberon's problems with idiotic crap.

[Old Version Description]

"Quickly (not quick enough) lifts enemies into the air and then hurls them down with conviction. Enemies who succumb to this power have a chance to spawn a Health Sphere."
- means only if they die .. So it is useless in high lvl missions .. Really.. The health orbs could change anything with the special simaris mod..

[My Dream Version]

"Quickly lifts enemies into the air and then hurls them down with conviction. Enemies who are affected by this power have a chance to spawn a Health Sphere."
- means everytime you hit enemies with this ability, it will have a chance of dropping health orbs.

Edited by Teshin_Dax

2 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

That's what I was saying in Region about people being braindead and filling all these threads that provide possible solutions to Oberon's problems with idiotic crap.

holy S#&$ man, you weren't kidding.

5 hours ago, VinDanger said:

Hallowed Ground

- make it a circle

- increase radius to 20 meters and make it 2 or 3 meters tall so slight inclines don't block it

You do realise if you do an about turn 180 Degrees and hit your 2 again, you make a full circle? It lays down a very nice wide area carpet.

Mhm. Was surprised when I went to give stabilizers to my kubrow today and saw the loyalty sitting firmly in the red. Surprised nobody else has posted on it though before now. Was hoping someone else could confirm if they've had a similar experience so I could be sure that I'm not going crazy here- playtesting/getting your kubrow to die on queue so you can check for loyalty decay is harder to pull off solo than you might think, and I just can't bear to do it to my pupper regardless haha. 

Why is everyone so fixated on molding his kit around some ancient sentence? Valkyr doesn't carry warriors off the battlefield. You know why? Because it's better to have a kit that works and is fun to use, rather than forcing changes on it to fit an arbitrary tagline.

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

the point is if compared directly hallowed ground is better than zenistar

No, that's not at all how you would compare those two things.  They're nothing alike, and deliberately gimping one to compare it to another that's been optimized completely defeats the purpose of the comparison..  That's like saying if you built the soma for pure status with no crits, it's almost as good as an optimally built hema.with a god riven on it.  I'm honestly starting to wonder if you're just trolling or is this really how your mind works.

3 minutes ago, LordMazulia said:

Yes. Very much this. Also, a little more range would be nice. doesn't need to be much. 3~5 would do, but Reckoning's range is just a little too short.

Yeah.. and the blind range is also something which needs some tweaks

So Elf can not be paladin or warrior? or Orck can not be archer? Oberon is some woody frame and because of his looks he can not be paladin? 

that's so stupid :facepalm:

DDv1J.gif

This game is warframe! and you can look like a horse and have some power that that has nothing to do with his appearance,it's so Excal would not look like a dinosaur or a rhino and have power with his sword...

Edited by Vlada91

After thinking about it for a while I think the hallowed ground/renewal interaction makes no sense. The armor buff should always apply to targets affected by it. The cc immunity from hallowed ground should be applied to targets affected by renewal while on hallowed ground.

This would make much more sense, since hallowed ground lost its armor buff. It would also make renewal more rewarding

I always thought something along the lines of enemies being marked for five seconds after being hit with the ult, this mark would give these enemies a higher chance to drop a health orb on death. Alternatively, I also thought up a passive idea where irradiated enemies killed by oberon have a higher chance to drop a health orb, granted your idea looks pretty effective too, we'll just have to wait and see if DE wants to change the health orb mechanic oberon has at his disposal.

15 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

I did... probably more often than you think.That's why I'm focused on "much more armor" thing. And I'm thinking about Ice Chroma Vex Armor amount, or even higher. Like "What puncture?" He suppose to be a protector right? He cant protect even him self right now.

What you are speaking then is Damage reduction, and sadly that won't happen. Why, because it will step on Trinity's toes that also has DR. The only advantage Oberon had over her in healing was the range and even that got removed. also they added the Iron renewal quite recently (which IMO should be by default on HG and not on a energy ineficient synergy) adding DR would render IR obsolete they would never go backwards with a mechanic they put a bit of work in it no matter how little it was. The only time they did that was with Volt's coil because everyone was getting crazy with how now you had to collect coils and instead they would ignore them only to run into them later and die stupid deaths.

What you suggest also reminds me a bit of a concept I had that fused Renewal and Hallowed Ground, a Hallowed Renewal where it was an aura that kept healing and dealing damage (healing and damage scaling with power only) and would grant you armor equivalent to the level and number of enemies that were in the damage range of HR. Basicaly a scaling aura of defense with some heal and damage in the mid of it. It's short-coming to avoid being way too OP was getting sniped from outside its area so you would have to charge into battle to benefit from it. 

21 minutes ago, TheDefenestrater said:

No, that's not at all how you would compare those two things.  They're nothing alike, and deliberately gimping one to compare it to another that's been optimized completely defeats the purpose of the comparison..  That's like saying if you built the soma for pure status with no crits, it's almost as good as an optimally built hema.with a god riven on it.  I'm honestly starting to wonder if you're just trolling or is this really how your mind works.

if u compare zenistar with radiation based aoe ability ofcourse you build it for radiation not corrosive

Armor is too low for a paladin imo(why valkyr have the highest armor is confusing to me but this is off topic). It should be buffed to 200 and primed version to 400 and visually more plates and bulks so normal is like a reachman, primed is more civilized and paladin-like.