Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weird or inconsistent miasma feature (or lack thereof)

Mu_Gera

I'd venture a guess that it only does Corrosive because an AoE Toxic proc would be far too strong (would be more of a nightmare to Corpus than Saryn already is) even though 2 of her other abilities do Toxic. But it doesn't proc corrosive because a guaranteed AoE Corrosive proc is also extremely strong, especially when you can spam it like crazy. 

Not sure on either of those points, but it's my ballpark guess and it makes sense to me balance-wise. Her guaranteed Viral procs are already strong, so it doesn't bother me too much. As nice as it would be, methinks it would be a little broken.

30 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

I only meant it's innate element, which I'm not sure how that would be broken if it procced corrosion, it would only affect armor. Speaking of which, for what seems like the only innately corrosive ability in the game, along with saryn's theme, it's weird how it wouldn't corrode armor (besides, armor can be arguably more broken).

12 minutes ago, Wreck_Dum said:

I only meant it's innate element, which I'm not sure how that would be broken if it procced corrosion, it would only affect armor. Speaking of which, for what seems like the only innately corrosive ability in the game, along with saryn's theme, it's weird how it wouldn't corrode armor (besides, armor can be arguably more broken).

Well, Miasma does multiple ticks of damage per second, which would translate to multiple corrosive procs per second. 2-3 casts would strip armor entirely over a 15-meter area at every level, and if you can't see that as broken, I don't know what to say.

Also, Inaros's abilities do innate corrosive damage. All of them. Just won't ever proc corrosive, as they shouldn't.

36 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

It doesn't even have to proc on every tic, it can just be the initial one, but either way it would still do what it's description even says of corroding enemies.

And you're right about Inaros, but I couldn't find anything that said his other abilities besides his 4 doing corrosive damage. But anyways, this is about miasma.