The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Rivens are really rare

WorldLiberation

1 minute ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

I'm not saying it's not random, I'm saying RNG has a personal agenda to make you play the game for as long as possible by denying the drops players want and need, or by spawning 5 Napalms in the same room to make sure you run out of revives

this is ridiculous...

I guess there is something to do with preferred weaponry? 

I was wandering the same after I unveiled the first Riven I got from sorties. I used my maxed out Vaykor Marelok and got a Riven for the Marelok ! Now it's sitting at -10 mod capacity.

It obviously has a faint disposition and grants +35% Toxic / +20% Reload Speed / +increased Flight Speed for a whopping cost of 18 mod points. I was thrilled at first, then I started contemplating if it's even worth using over a 90% elemental mod for only 11 mod points. I could use a bunch of Forma to fit it in at max and farm some more Kuva to reroll the stats yet I`m still wondering if it's worth all the effort being faint at all.

True RNG is RNG it has no preferd agenda

no matter how many rivers you got it's still relatively small samples to judge the randomness 

On the other side,if DE do using not so true RNG(in terms of coding, and it's very possible)

We still don't know the rule of this "pseudo" rng works

in the end it's all assumption, if you still get the same riven over and over, I suggest a not so rng place, it's called trade channel 

it seems to just take a random weapon from the arsenal and give a Riven for that. Shotgun Rivens are the rarest type because we hardly have any shotguns compared to all the Rifles and pistols we have. I have 19 Rivens, most of them for rifles, a few for pistols, and none for shotguns. I don't think disposition or weapon usage is a factor, since I've had 2 soma Rivens and 2 Latron Rivens in the past, yet I use the Soma more than the Latron.

all I know is I want a Shotgun Riven, for anything other than the Sweeper.

I got x4 riven mods for the Supra, which I did not have at the time I got my first riven mod for the supra. I even got x3 pox riven mod which I rarely ever touched till I got the first mod for it. All RNG.

In my case, I am getting riven mods for weapons that were just mastery fodder to me. Now I am using Kohm and Pyrana a lot. Kohm with multi-shot, damage, and something else, not that great, but deals great damage. Pyrana with crit chance and damage, giving me over 100% crit chance and having 300% damage.

Edited by saltygr33n