Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

graphics card not supported

Lonegunner_nl

After updating my r9 200 to version radeon-crimson-relive-17.4.3-minimalsetup-170417_64bit or 17.4.4 i get the messsage below when i start up warframe, if i instal radeon-crimson-relive-17.2.1-minimalsetup-170228_64bit it works normal.

why does warframe not support that version of amd drivers.

ps i tryed it with 2 diff amd cards and with both same problem

logo.png

Your graphics card is not supported. If you think that this is an error please restart your computer; if the problem persists you may need to upgrade the drivers for your graphics card

Edited by Lonegunner_nl
type error

Getting this error as well with a HD 7990.  Rolling back the drivers (device manager > display adaptors > Video card> Properties > Driver > rollback ) allows it to work again.

Not sure if it just an issue with the R2 900/HD 7900 series, or more of the AMD/ATI cards.

Edited by Loswaith

Hey guys,

We have looked into the 17.4.4 drivers and as far as we are aware these should absolutely work with Warframe. In fact, we have machines in-house that are using these drivers as we speak. Is there any chance some old driver files could be lingering and causing some confusion?

You may want to try completely cleaning out your old drivers using something along the lines of Display Driver Uninstaller, then install the 17.4.4 drivers again. 

Also, would either of you happen to be running DX11 through a display port to DVI adapter?
We are curious if there could possibly be a pattern related to that setup.

With it working on some systems versus others, might the issue be at least partially involving the an OS hardware check comparison? While it could be pieces of old drivers, maybe it could be that the cards are not supported anymore for those drivers on certain OS/hardware setups?

nothing is changed on my pc, run windows update, did the dxdiag from warframe folder.

But it is not only with warframe btw,3dmark dont run, not 1 program 

shall instal version 17.2.1 back.

Thanks for the help, work my self with pc's from dos time(buiding and writng programs) i think it is time to build new pc and drop w 10 on it.

quick reinstalling 17.2 so i can play

On 1.5.2017 at 9:11 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Also, would either of you happen to be running DX11 through a display port to DVI adapter?

We are curious if there could possibly be a pattern related to that setup.

I had that problem with this exact setup on the 17.4.3 and 17.5.1 drivers until the most recent Warframe update, now I can play the game again. (Note that I didn't try the 17.4.4 drivers, and tried installing drivers normally as well as doing a clean install with DDU before.)

Thanks for fixing this! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I have this problem also using Rx 470. I was on whql driver 17.1.1. One day it was working and the next day (29/05/2017) it give the error of unsupported graphic cards.

I've then clean installed 17.5.2 but the problem persist. And then I read [DE]Demitri's query about using a display port to DVI adapter.

I have a dual monitor setup, my default setup was using a 1440x900p monitor through a display port to dvi adapter. And the other is through a DVI to HDMI adaptor.

Trying to start the launcher on the 1440x900p monitor gives me the error, but doing so on the other monitor does not. I was testing it with windows 10 using the display settings and using 'show only on 1' or 'show only on 2' option. So I can confirm that the problem, in my end at least, was the display port to DVI adapter. I hope this is fixable, but at least I can play it now.

edit: yes. I was using DX11 on that setup. But using dx 10 or dx9 does not fix the error on the monitor with the display port-to-dvi adapter.

Edited by Frikimidz
more testing