The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game screen freezes, but keeps going

ninrhusajha

My friend has had this bug for almost a year now. We have tried support tickets three times and it hasn't changed it. Has anyone had this issue before? Basically, the game's screen freezes but you can still hear it in the background and still move, you just can't see the game move. We've tried disabling directx, nvidia, everything really. Can anyone help who has had this happen before? We don't know what to do and he's so frustrated he doesn't want to talk to tech support anymore, and he's ready to quit the game entirely because he can't play it. 

Is his graphic card overclocked? I have two GTX980 and they are overclocked by default. I used to encounter this issue frequently in the past two years. I tried disabling SLI, reinstall and various other methods. Eventually I lowered the cloak to founders edition specification and problem solved. 

Edited by Bronjun

Go and check event viewer to see if you can find something similiar to this should be under Windows Logs / System, search through the list to find a message like that

6j3QcpR.jpg

If you do then it is 100% a TDR crash.

Timeout Detection Refresh is a feature of Win7 and above that is supposed to prevent premature BSOD's caused by system lag. So when something starts to create too many errors for too long it refreshes the GPU driver causing the black screen in warframe even though the game still runs

Windows TDR delay by default is set to 2 sec. However, you can amybe fix the problem by increasing this delay to 8 or 10 seconds

Open regedit then -
Navigate to -
H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Graphics Drivers.
Right click on the open field and click on New / DWORD (32bit) Value,
Then name it:  TdrDelay -> double click it to open -> Set the hexadecimal value to 8.

That's what worked for me before. Otherwise if you aren't having TDRs then try using DDU to completely uninstall your GPU drivers and then download them fresh from Nvidias website

• 5 years later...