Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless fissure missions (interception and defence) bug out after host migration

Gweredith

If the host decides to leave the mission after choosing the relic reward while others stay, a host migration will cause some conflict with the relic choosing screen which breaks the game for at least one squad member. After the host migration, player will spawn but will not be able to do anything nor will they have any UI except the chatbox. The only way out for them is to Alt+F4. Another form of this bug occurs to the player who rejoins the mission first. Only they get to choose the relic since the game doesn't count other squad members. When the counter for choosing a relic reaches 0, nothing happens. You are practically stuck and forced to leave the mission.I have had this bug happen to me twice and have seen it happen to other group members as well.

Apologies for all the run up sentences and grammatical errors.

+1 to the endless void mission -> host migration -> stuck on relic selection bug.

Paimon (Europa) , during Ambulas event, host seemed to leave intentionally during Extract/Battle selection (but I did not see their name move to the "Extract" column).

Host migrations have been a thorn in our sides for literally years now.

I've encountered numerous bugs including perma-locked doors, no spawns, and like you, endless missions that completely bug out.

DE really needs to dedicate some dev time specifically to their netcode and host migration code so we can finally get this crap fixed.

• 2 months later...

When the host leaves the game in 'endless defence mode' it bugs other players in the most silly way.

It doesn't need to be fissure missions, in normal endless mode like on Akkad it's common to leave before host or you have to get with him in an agreement  for how many waves you stay, coz everytime he chooses to leave before others the game kicks players out of the mission and they lose everything they've got during it like loot, exp, etc. So after like 50 waves, or better it's kinda bad. Like really, really bad for the mental state of players ;)

I even meet a guy (he was the random host of our game) who deliberatly left in last second of the extraction/stay menu and typed 'hahaha' (just happened to me recently). And when I asked him if he knew we'll be bugged and kicked out from the mission and get nothing from those waves he even had the courage to write to me that:

yeah. I had fun leaving you hahaha

and then he put me on ignore list (don't know how about the other guys we played). And unfortunately there is no option to report ppl like him. He knew it will kick us out with no loot, he choose 'stay' at first then switched to extract at the last second and send us: 'hahaha'. As if it was enough for our wasted time (I seriously don't care about loot, it was just mods and some credits we can get everywhere, but the time is priceless).

It would be nice if DE fixed this endless loop of 'kicked out of mission coz host left before you' soon, or the game might be called in a bad manner again. I lost half of the clan coz of the bugs like this, and collecting pokemons, I mean warframes is just not enough for many ppl to stay here. ;/

Just recovered from this on a Lith Interception mission on Mars. 

• The host left
    • host migration
  • three of us remained
  • relic selection screen comes up and glitches out
    • extra affinity task and reward "burns" to the screen
    • one player couldn't pick anything
    • I couldn't change selection
    • GUI didn't respond to keyboard; mouse control only
  • eventually kicked out of the mission
  • reconnection to squad only reformed squad outside of mission

Did get to keep the relic rewards, though.

• 2 weeks later...