Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the "endgame" of this game?

Zherot

I'm just wondering, i have been playing and i don't actually feel the need to get to the "endgame" which is rare because most MMO's are all about the "endgame" which is truly what is killing MMO's, people don't have fun leveling and not having all their abilities, not being able to do the latest content, they are basically locked out of the "fun".

• Like 1

Not really, except for fashionframe. There is higher level content, ~lvl 80-120 Raids (3 of them, 8 person) Sorties (Rotating daily, 4 person) and Kuva Flood (Rotating hourly, 4 person), but otherwise, it's pretty much just farm what you want/need, level/relevel what you want/need, experiment with builds, and dress up.

Edited by Gelkor

2 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Not really, except for fashionframe. There is higher level content, ~lvl 80-120 Sorties and Kuva Flood, but otherwise, it's pretty much just farm what you want/need, level/relevel what you want/need, experiment with builds, and dress up.

So pretty much Path of Exile.

15 minutes ago, Zherot said:

I'm just wondering, i have been playing and i don't actually feel the need to get to the "endgame" which is rare because most MMO's are all about the "endgame" which is truly what is killing MMO's, people don't have fun leveling and not having all their abilities, not being able to do the latest content, they are basically locked out of the "fun".

Once you have unlocked the whole solar map and done all the quests and such, you will probably find yourself doing sorties daily, and if you are into that kind of thing, Trials (which are like Warframes version of a RAID, and has 8 people instead of 4). That is the real end game right now. 

Every day you can do three special missions escalating into higher levels until you reach about 100, which have special conditions and rewards. 

And every day you can get rewards from doing a Trial, of which there are three now, also for special rewards. The enemies in those get up about sortie 3 level as well. 

So that's the end game really, as the developers intend it. They are always trying to make the sortie more interesting and rewarding, and they will probably add a Corpus Trial (Raid), someday. 

That's the endgame. 

However, the great thing about Warframe, as you stated in your post, is that you don't need to reach the "endgame" or even play it to have fun. Most people don't bother with trials, some people rarely sortie, and they still have a ton of fun. Because there are just so many different things you can try out or enjoy in Warframe, even when you are lower in the solar map and don't have as much stuff. There is something for almost everyone in this game, and it is designed to be super enjoyable to play and make you feel like a god even when you are lower level and still learning. 

A friend of mine never has ever done sortie and hasn't done a lot of the quests, but he has gotten a ton out of the game over the years because Warframe just lets you do whatever you want. He can stay early in the solar map, try out new weapons and enjoy the game for like two plus years without bothering to do most of the stuff you are supposed to. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

well there are basically 3 things you can do for endgame:

- Fashion Frame!
- Forum! making suggestions, helping people with their questions, informing yourself (and others) about upcoming things&changes, yadayada
- Ingame Chat! helping other people, answering alllll the questions - or at least some- , try to give other people a 'better' , more flow-ish start then they would experience without the help of other gamers...annnd so on...

Annnnd...yea... that's about it? You can always do some daily routine of course, but some people don't consider those sorta stuff 'endgame' (like: sortie -- kuva farming -- raid 1 -- prime part farming -- break -- helping people with their quests -- raid 2 -- conclave -- kuva farming -- interesting alerts with other people ----- ...)

• Like 1

You grind resources and wait for DE to come out with new things so you can grind resources slightly differently 

So basically you have to like the core game play that Warframe offers instead of reaching a certain goal or activity that you could consider "end game" because it doesn't exist. 

All the gear in the game (weapons frames ect) have set stats so you can't grind for a better gun/ sword like you would an mmo. The only progression you can really achieve is by leveling up mods. But once you've leveled up all your mods to a decent level you're basically in the situation i described above.

@Zherot Also a forum tip: To get notifications on answers to your post you need to "follow" your post at the top right of it. Hope you enjoy the game.

Well besides the obvious constant goal of fashion, we don't really have a true endgame in Warframe. Yet.

For a game like Warframe i think an endgame would basicly be a state in which you allready have the best gear and (maxed rank) but keep on playing for goals which don't involve getting new and better stuff anymore. Because trying to get better stuff is never a good endgame, because that would logicaly have an true endpoint, after which you don't need to play anymore.

So we would need something like a dynamic game world which is affected by player action or inaction, aswell as repeating events which allow people to show off.

Grind > Maxed out/Have everything > No goals left until the next gear release 

Most typical MMORPG progression looks like this

straw-cup-01.jpg

Warframe progression looks like this

s-l1000.jpg

Just because it was divided into tiny pieces for you to chew easier doesn't mean that sunk costs are low, a reminder in case you want to go full throttle. Oh and don't use too much cerebral processing on this game because many problems will be exposed once you analyze or think too much.

Edited by Volinus7

58 minutes ago, Zherot said:

There's no endgame like in MMOs. This isn't an MMO. This is all instanced.

But if you want to talk about engame, it's fashionframe. Look to that :D

13 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

It is actually an MMO, massive multiplayer online game, so... yeah... even with rpg elements so...

58 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

Dungeons & Dragons Online was all instanced. And it was great.

All that aside................what about PVP

Is that not the ULTIMATE game? I mean there are games based on nothing but PVP and matches never get boring. 

Fashionframe obviously. but there are other things to occupy your time:

mini games: try to get a decent high score on Flappy Zephyr or Wyrmius. if frustration motivates you, you'll sink some time in here.

Mandachord Hero: compose songs with the Mandachord, maybe take your favourite music or theme songs and try to put them in Warframe.

Trading: see if you can amass a mountain of plat by selling surplus prime parts and other items. you don't know how much profit you can make unless you try!

Sorties: will you get a Riven, will you get a Sculpture, will you get a Legendary Core? only one way to find out!

Codex Scanning: gotta scan em all!

Simulacrum Science: ever wondered what your weapons could do if you tweaked them slightly? you can find out here!

there's plenty to do, one simply has to be bothered.

Endless grinding and fashion frame.

They recently wanted to focus on PvP, but it's really hard to stir an entire game based on team work into PvP at last minute when they realized they had nothing going on for last game and when Overwatch came out wanting to have a slice of that repetitive, never ending, mind numbing PvP. After all, why would they need to make new content or endgame content when you can have people kill each other forever?