Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the "endgame" of this game?

Zherot

6 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Fashionframe obviously. but there are other things to occupy your time:

mini games: try to get a decent high score on Flappy Zephyr or Wyrmius. if frustration motivates you, you'll sink some time in here.

Mandachord Hero: compose songs with the Mandachord, maybe take your favourite music or theme songs and try to put them in Warframe.

Trading: see if you can amass a mountain of plat by selling surplus prime parts and other items. you don't know how much profit you can make unless you try!

Sorties: will you get a Riven, will you get a Sculpture, will you get a Legendary Core? only one way to find out!

Codex Scanning: gotta scan em all!

Simulacrum Science: ever wondered what your weapons could do if you tweaked them slightly? you can find out here!

there's plenty to do, one simply has to be bothered.

you forgot about Captura :D

Endurance runs for those who got the time and want some challenges.
Help out and teach new players.
And there is the this forum.

I sort of gave up on Codex scanning since it keep breaking...

Not really. The MMOs that have end-game give this feeling of achievement, you can look back and see locations you've visited and remember how you progressed, unlocking more and more abilities and learning more about your class, you unlock more and more content.

Now, when you think about it, by rank 10 warframe has all powers and by the time you leave the Earth you've pretty much seen all mission types and you can complete pretty much anything when you're MR4 without achieving anything. You don't need mods or weapons (unless it's sortie with specific weapon requirement), you can go and finish missions in public matches and get goodies, legit leeching which would have lead to votekick/party wipe in most games that have endgame.

That's my opinion, you might not share it.

6 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

Endless grinding and fashion frame.

They recently wanted to focus on PvP, but it's really hard to stir an entire game based on team work into PvP at last minute when they realized they had nothing going on for last game and when Overwatch came out wanting to have a slice of that repetitive, never ending, mind numbing PvP. After all, why would they need to make new content or endgame content when you can have people kill each other forever?

But even if you're grinding...you're killing AI enemies forever, right?

Edited by BetaNoire

56 minutes ago, BetaNoire said:

All that aside................what about PVP

Is that not the ULTIMATE game? I mean there are games based on nothing but PVP and matches never get boring. 

No one cares about PvP in Warframe. It's like... really, why is it even in Warframe?

19 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Not really. The MMOs that have end-game give this feeling of achievement, you can look back and see locations you've visited and remember how you progressed, unlocking more and more abilities and learning more about your class, you unlock more and more content.

Now, when you think about it, by rank 10 warframe has all powers and by the time you leave the Earth you've pretty much seen all mission types and you can complete pretty much anything when you're MR4 without achieving anything. You don't need mods or weapons (unless it's sortie with specific weapon requirement), you can go and finish missions in public matches and get goodies, legit leeching which would have lead to votekick/party wipe in most games that have endgame.

That's my opinion, you might not share it.

Well i'm glad that i don't have to get into an "endgame" to feel like i can finally enjoy the game, most people are tired of that formula and is why MMO's are dying.

8 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

People calling fashion frame endgame when you can do it without playing a single mission are just hilarious. It is not really "endgame" if you can start your game with it.

True, except sometimes there is really nothing else better to do. So after I raid, raid, NM raid. All there is, is "fashion frame" (trade chat/earning plat to buy stuff) or building ayatan sculpture robots, so from a certain point of view it can be considered "end game" :p

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

2 hours ago, Zherot said:

I'm just wondering, i have been playing and i don't actually feel the need to get to the "endgame" which is rare because most MMO's are all about the "endgame" which is truly what is killing MMO's, people don't have fun leveling and not having all their abilities, not being able to do the latest content, they are basically locked out of the "fun".

You've hit the nail on the head...There really isn't one and that's a strength imo.

Your more formalized MMO's can take weeks/months to reach endgame (rather a misnomer imo... Endgame is just the content offered at highest difficulty and presumes players have maxed their characters out and is typically where the new story is presented first) progression and leaving the game for any lengthy period means you have to start some measure of the grind back over. Likewise, patches/additions that make classes redundant in whatever the progression meta is can mean a brand new grind from the beginning if you only leveled one class or character.

Warframe is a much more "pick up and play" game than that.... That's a plus to anyone that doesn't view it as their sole/main source of gaming endeavor.

I leave to play ME:A... I won't have missed much.

I go to work on my toons to be ready for Stormblood...same thing.

6 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

You've hit the nail on the head...There really isn't one and that's a strength imo.

Your more formalized MMO's can take weeks/months to reach endgame (rather a misnomer imo... Endgame is just the content offered at highest difficulty and presumes players have maxed their characters out and is typically where the new story is presented first) progression and leaving the game for any lengthy period means you have to start some measure of the grind back over. Likewise, patches/additions that make classes redundant in whatever the progression meta is can mean a brand new grind from the beginning if you only leveled one class or character.

Well let's say you played WoW. The thing is, there was a time when it was raid or DIE. And everyone that could manage was supposed to be doing it. And all the prep that entails. Geared right. Gemmed right. (En)chanted. Magical belt buckles made outta Saronite. Magical food, potions, and elixirs. And everything else. Plus knowing the fights, and knowing your rotations (and today, priorities).

Thing is though, that there are loads of people who didn't do that content over the course of an expansion. Devs eventually decided that rather than make major content that only a % of the playerbase was participating in, to make more pug modes (Looking For Raid) so average people could "see content" but get proportional rewards. 

This will be probably a weird answer... but my end game is to be a guide of the lotus lol. I dont care how long it takes me... cus i dont even come close to 300 hours, let alone 800... but when i do, and i will. I will do my best to become one lol. I already sometimes just chill in the recruiting tab and if someone needs hell with something, i usually help them. With whatever they need. I rarely do my missions, and believe me, i still have like 4 pending quests that i havent even bothered touching. :P 

Also fashion frame. Once i get what i need and want, i will start my Louie Vui Tenno and show off in the relays haha. 

47 minutes ago, BetaNoire said:

Well let's say you played WoW.

I did... And more MMO's than I care to mention over the course of the last 20-ish years. 

48 minutes ago, BetaNoire said:

The thing is, there was a time when it was raid or DIE. And everyone that could manage was supposed to be doing it. And all the prep that entails. Geared right. Gemmed right. (En)chanted. Magical belt buckles made outta Saronite. Magical food, potions, and elixirs. And everything else. Plus knowing the fights, and knowing your rotations (and today, priorities).

Thing is though, that there are loads of people who didn't do that content over the course of an expansion. Devs eventually decided that rather than make major content that only a % of the playerbase was participating in, to make more pug modes (Looking For Raid) so average people could "see content" but get proportional rewards. 

Roughly the same percentage of people progression raid that pvp. Endgame in these games tends to be more of an aspiration of a tangible thing than the thing itself.

This is why Blizz made the changes they did years ago... A casual or a beginner had to know somebody to get let into those groups (or be selected as a spare or an alternate in case someone else was absent... and then they would need to be a tank or a healer) and slog though tons of trips done on someone else's timetable and get loot based on someone else's rules.

Been there and done that.

If all a player wants is endgame, they typically just want to sample the toughest challenge the game has to offer andsay that they completed it.

...When the devs intended for the challenge to be winnable the whole time.

Not everyone fits that description of course, there is/was a healthy contingent of players who wanted to experience the story as it happens in the game.

... but a large number, unfortunately, do fit that description.

Ahn'Qiraj is still probably the toughest thing Blizz ever managed to develop and it's from Vanilla WoW iirc.

And as nifty as that place was, it didn't hold a candle to the story that got players to that point. 

The better option, I have learned, is to just enjoy the ride and let the destination take care of itself once you get there.

...That's just my opinion though.

12 hours ago, Zherot said:

I'm just wondering, i have been playing and i don't actually feel the need to get to the "endgame" which is rare because most MMO's are all about the "endgame" which is truly what is killing MMO's, people don't have fun leveling and not having all their abilities, not being able to do the latest content, they are basically locked out of the "fun".

every body says fashion frame and standing around the relays acting like a little edgy teenager, but there is no real definition by DE about what end game is

14 hours ago, Zherot said:

So pretty much Path of Exile.

Man that game has been on my to-do list for quite some time but the only option I have is the Garena version.

But yes, it's pretty much an endless grind while you wait for new content. 'Endgame' is vague and I don't think it's even possible to implement such content unless they overhaul the core gameplay - a risk that I don't think they'll ever take. Not when the current model is making them profit. 

... not that I mind the current gameplay. Sometimes you just want to play something challenging like Souls games, other times you just want something casual to grind on.

When you think you have no more clear objective to play Warframe, you started to customize your Warframe for better appearance, play endless missions fot hours long to prove challenge without seeking worthy physical rewards, run raids for fun, help newbies, talk sht at region chat, farm platinum to become richest tenno in Warframe, make videos and uploads to Youtube, replay quest to feel nostalgia, make new account, min max all weapons and frames, play conclave then never touch again after few rounds, enjoy conclave if you're hardcore, draw erotic manga about Saryn and other female warframes (please pm me if you have it), work hard then become one of the DE developer members and make warfreme even better, or just play another games until new updates absorb your interest and create another clear objectives for you to play Warframe.

That's what I call end game.

19 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

No one cares about PvP in Warframe. It's like... really, why is it even in Warframe?

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Most of the Conclave community is people looking for a challenge, most of whom are MR16+. In a sense, PvP is endgame: it requires full use of the parkour system, aiming and tracking, as well as properly using your gear (no ability spam cheese or weapon cheese like maiming strike weapons). All of these skills you should have developed while playing PvE, if you aren't a meta-sheep who cheeses through everything, in which case you shouldn't be able to do endgame anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heckzu said:

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

Most of the Conclave community is people looking for a challenge, most of whom are MR16+. In a sense, PvP is endgame: it requires full use of the parkour system, aiming and tracking, as well as properly using your gear (no ability spam cheese or weapon cheese like maiming strike weapons). All of these skills you should have developed while playing PvE, if you aren't a meta-sheep who cheeses through everything, in which case you shouldn't be able to do endgame anyway.

(pats on the head)
Sure thing, shortcake.

• 4 years later...