Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the "endgame" of this game?

Zherot

Am 1.5.2017 um 19:46 schrieb Heckzu:

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

No, he’s not. You can’t seriously think that people consider Warframe‘s endgame to be Conclave - a famously unpopular game mode I saw most recently described in a review as „I tried queueing for a game for forty minutes but it didn’t start“.

On 2017-04-30 at 10:18 PM, Fabpsi said:

- Fashion Frame!
- Forum! making suggestions, helping people with their questions, informing yourself (and others) about upcoming things&changes, yadayada

Lol, based.

btw, for me i think is 

-Fashion Frame (ofc)
-Leaderboard in solo ESO. I love tinkering with builds, this is the best way to evaluate them.
-Recently started playing conclave and met real mutants (in a good way) Which annihilated everyone from Vectis and were so elusive that I sometimes did not understand where they killed me from. I guess the Conclave is also for someone Endgame.

• Like 2

Seems a harmless necro.

Endgame for me is when I reach the end 😋.

I consider myself as having reached the end once I own everything and can educate anyone on anything; what mods to bring, how to use a skill, what a term is or where to go for something. I’m not a fan of new players coming onboard and then jumping around the wiki and Youtube; I’d like to take advantage of the obscurity of some things in Warframe to somehow intrigue a potential new player into discovering things for themselves, since there’s no doubt some things may require guidance.

That said, I am faaar from that goal. So many weapons and options still left to earn and discover. I’m fighting and defeating Lichs on my PC account (which is now my main account, and I’m wondering if I should just go ahead and sign it up to the forums; will see how crossplay works), but I’m still missing what could be basic weapons and mods (looking at you, Crushing Ruin) since I just never played towards them/bought them. Endgame may end up with me cracking my final Lith relic, at least until they introduce something new

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

On 2017-04-30 at 11:51 AM, Zherot said:

which is rare because most MMO's are all about the "endgame" which is truly what is killing MMO's

Sweet...good thing Warframe isn't an MMO. It's a looter shooter with "co-op" elements.

And don't worry so much about endgame because there is no endgame in Warframe.

#Fuhgeddaboudit.

Edited by Aesthier
  • Like 1

Le 21/08/2021 à 03:39, Benzalem a dit :

I absolutely adore how many creative ways you guys can say "there is none, the game is unfinished"

It's the cutest thing I have witnessed

Maaaan... did you scroll past 4 years until you finally found a thread you could dunk on ?

Wasn't even that good of a dunk...

• Like 4

On 2017-05-01 at 2:51 AM, Zherot said:

I'm just wondering, i have been playing and i don't actually feel the need to get to the "endgame" which is rare because most MMO's are all about the "endgame" which is truly what is killing MMO's, people don't have fun leveling and not having all their abilities, not being able to do the latest content, they are basically locked out of the "fun".

Arbitrations, steel path, collecting and raid bosses.

On 2017-04-30 at 8:51 PM, Zherot said:

I'm just wondering, i have been playing and i don't actually feel the need to get to the "endgame" which is rare because most MMO's are all about the "endgame" which is truly what is killing MMO's, people don't have fun leveling and not having all their abilities, not being able to do the latest content, they are basically locked out of the "fun".

This game is not an MMO and there is no endgame at all.  A lot of people(Including me) continued to play thinking it was another kind game but it just a simple looter shooter with tons of (boring) minigames. This means just grinding and collecting stuff if you are searching for game with a decent gameplay and a proper endgame there are better alternatives.  I know it's an old thread but maybe it will help new players to understand this is not the game they were looking for...

Edited by bibmobello

I am a returning player. What I'm finding is that you can spend a great deal of time chasing down parts to upgrade or build new weapons and frames. For instance, my goal to build Paracesis has led me to Eidolon hunting, mining and fishing. (Had a blast fishing, don't know why but it was a lot of fun for me.) If I need a break doing that there is clearing locations on planets or running Railjack missions. I love the NPC crew. I'm a bit of a lone wolf, but there is help out there when you need it and the community doesn't mind helping.

I don't think we've seen the Endgame. In a game where you have to play 100 hrs before getting to character creation, it's hard to compare it to a regular MMO.

• Like 1

On 2017-04-30 at 2:55 PM, Zherot said:

So pretty much Path of Exile.

Pretty typical of all ARPGs. 

Throw in the fact it's a F2P game and there's no real end. Ever. This does create some progression issues, but again that's a typical problem with ARPGs. 

On 2017-04-30 at 5:29 PM, Heatnix. said:

They recently wanted to focus on PvP, but it's really hard to stir an entire game based on team work into PvP at last minute...

There were no plans for PvP early on. That was DE caving to the constant pressure from a vocal minority. PvP and PvE can't cooexist comfortably if there's any kind or progression system. The real lesson here is to learn to say "no" to something that doesn't fit into the fundamental game. WF isn't the first game to wind up in this position.  

PvP has been reworked multiple times and the community mostly just ignores it. People don't come to this game for PvP. 

Necro thread but still relevant.

There is no endgame,

There's no post main-quest gamemode or activity that requires and mandates the best of the best alongside full integration of all game mechanics and upgrades just to succeed at the most basic level.

Railjack is the only content in the game with potential to eventually become that if it keeps expanding in difficulty, progression requirements, and gear checks.

Edited by Jarriaga

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Jarriaga:

Necro thread but still relevant.

There is no endgame,

There's no post main-quest gamemode or activity that requires and mandates the best of the best alongside full integration of all game mechanics and upgrades just to succeed at the most basic level.

Railjack is the only content in the game with potential to eventually become that if it keeps expanding in difficulty, progression requirements, and gear checks.

Of course there is endgame:

Start the game with a new character, don't use the market and tell me how long it took to get to steel path and be successful in it solo. It all depends on how you define endgame. There are a lot of activities which require access to the good weapons/mods or you won't succeed, easy as that.

The fact that you can cheese by buying it with plat does not make it less endgame. Or try Eidolons, Profit Taker without using market and/or using shortcuts by watching youtube videos and copy the strats.

If you define "endgame" with the percentage of people who can efficiently do it, you might be surprised how many casual gamers Warframe really has that still struggle to do even the most mundane tasks.

Btw, the very SECOND we would have something difficult in this game, the forums would overflow with threads demanding to lower the difficulty. Look at sisters and how many people complained they were too hard.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Of course there is endgame:

Start the game with a new character, don't use the market and tell me how long it took to get to steel path and be successful in it solo. It all depends on how you define endgame. There are a lot of activities which require access to the good weapons/mods or you won't succeed, easy as that.

The fact that you can cheese by buying it with plat does not make it less endgame. Or try Eidolons, Profit Taker without using market and/or using shortcuts by watching youtube videos and copy the strats.

If you define "endgame" with the percentage of people who can efficiently do it, you might be surprised how many casual gamers Warframe really has that still struggle to do even the most mundane tasks.

Btw, the very SECOND we would have something difficult in this game, the forums would overflow with threads demanding to lower the difficulty. Look at sisters and how many people complained they were too hard.

I think my definition of endgame is pretty clear in my post. Ironically enough, your post makes no mention or quote of the most important aspect:

6 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Post main-quest gamemode or activity that requires and mandates the best of the best alongside full integration of all game mechanics

Meaning: A game mode that requires beating all main quests and main story while integrating all the systems and game modes unlocked via quests or progression, including the Operator, Necramechs, Archguns, Steel Path, Arbitrations, Liches/Sisters and anything added later. I'm not talking about stats-based difficulty alone, which is why I said Railjack is a stepping stone. Orphix is a game mode that incorporates most of the game´s mechanics.

Cheese only exists because of the number of possibilities and items and combinations we have, which are impossible to test. Right now, DE have a sweet spot for making Necramechs, Arcguns and Operators the choking points to eliminate cheese from the rest of the potential mission that uses Orphix with Steel Path and Arbitration rules as a basis.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

It depends on the player and what you like.  Keep in mind just because the game is online doesn't mean it's really an mmo.

There are not raids/dungeons nor is there ranked pvp seasons.

End game stuff are things like ediolons, steel path, lives, high level endless missions, grinding and gathering everything, and fashion frame.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Jarriaga:

I think my definition of endgame is pretty clear in my post. Ironically enough, your post makes no mention or quote of the most important aspect:

Meaning: A game mode that requires beating all main quests and main story while integrating all the systems and game modes unlocked via quests or progression, including the Operator, Necramechs, Archguns, Steel Path, Arbitrations, Liches/Sisters and anything added later. I'm not talking about stats-based difficulty alone, which is why I said Railjack is a stepping stone. Orphix is a game mode that incorporates most of the game´s mechanics.

Cheese only exists because of the number of possibilities and items and combinations we have, which are impossible to test. Right now, DE have a sweet spot for making Necramechs, Arcguns and Operators the choking points to eliminate cheese from the rest of the potential mission that uses Orphix with Steel Path and Arbitration rules as a basis.

Sorry, did not see that part. Ironically I often disrespect people who do not read the whole post. My apologies

I agree with everything you said then, even though I think your definition is a bit harsh.

• Like 1

I think there is a fundamentally flawed expectation for endgame in persistent games. Warframe delivers consistently rich gameplay mechanics that are immediately engaging and entertaining. There isn't a slog of meaningless content you need to accomplish to reach the part of the game that the systems are actually built to enjoy.

When players ask what is Endgame, they fundamentally frame this game with other games problems. DE might like to improve this game with more satisfying gameplay, but by no means does it require "the fun content" to be realized at "endgame".

Edited by BahamutKaiser
  • Like 2

The chase to skip the early / mid game to get to endgame is what robs a lot of live / online games from their content.

Warframe's stuff shouldn't be rushed. There's fun to be had but to keep adding things on the top seems problematic, especially with the massive power creep we have in the game. Then if they actually make tons of endgame, the audience is split then we end up having to rush people to the end. I don't know what the best way to do it is.

• Like 1