The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee is OP?

Zherot

38 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Bortis Badtouch said:

what i am getting from this thread is, blood rush is op

Little did you know,

latest?cb=20161201220510

this mod allows high status melee weapons to completely out-damage crit melee weapons.

This thread? again?

I use melee and im proud of it, still, whines about "Oh look he has more stats than me! BWHAAAH! MOM I WANT TO WIN THE GAME NAO!!!!111" will get you nowhere.

90% of complaints i see coming from you are about FOCUS system and one exactly - it is not melee problem at all, its focus problem.

What melee deals more dmg now? oh im sorry, before you had Tonkor and Simulor weapon that could clean the entire room with 1 click without risking your skin at all.

13 hours ago, Zherot said:

Just wondering... seems like the people doing the most damage are the ones that mongo melee everything rather than using abilities or gunfire.

OP, I already warned you in your other thread that you shouldn't think too much in this game.

Yes, this game doesn't have that much balance, consistency, logics and reasons.

Don't waste your IQ on this game...just don't.

Why Ember as an offensive frame deals terrible damage to high lvl shielded/armored enemies?

Why snipers suck so much and why the main doctrine is to proc corrosive as fast as possible hence single precise shot style is useless against armor?

Why enemies mostly only run up close and sniff invisible warframe instead of just spray bullets around the known location as advertised?

Why enemies are alerted and know players location just because some ambient creatures attack them?

Why the gameplay is so monotonous and repetitive?

See? That's why you shouldn't think too much. 

OP? Nah. Arguably better? Yeah, arguably. 

Melee requires a certain build. People have cited Life Strike as being stupid useful and making melee OP. Well, I only have it on because it's the ONLY thing keeping me alive when I go HAM. What makes melee so powerful is the sustain it has. The longer you stay in the fight, the stronger you get letting you stay longer in the fight thus the stronger you get, again. It's a feedback loop but not an endless one. 

At some point you will run out of enemies in your vicinity and you are back to square one. Or you reach a point in the combo multiplier where the next tier is a few thousand hits off and thus you effectively peak on damage increase. 

Also, remember that for effective use of melee you need a stance. This has the added yay/nay of locking you into combos. Some are quick and easy. Others are slow, finicky and damn near impossible to hit. You mess up once with the combo and you might find yourself stuck in some twirly suicide dance. In the middle of a group of pissed off enemies. 

Also, I don't think it's fair to say melee is OP or not based on very specific builds or setups. Like the Focus. I only use Unairu, am I still OP? Or a handful of specific weapons. Is melee OP just because out of the hundred and something melee weapons, four are out of whack? The anwser to all those is "no" because you can't judge something based on the outliers. 

Melee is powerful because it carries a higher risk potential and thus a higher reward potential. It is also powerful because of the nature of this game. We are "ninjas". Stabby-pointy things are a given. 

5 minutes ago, Zherot said:

Everyone ignoring the screenshots i posted... lol.

That's because they are guessing you are new player. (And they are very probably right). 

Your Mesa isn't even max level, did you potatoed her? Do you have primed crit mods on your secondary? Do you use zenurik/energy plates so you can use your 4th ability 24/7?

Complaining about unbalanced melee while you are new to game is unwise because you don't have idea what is possible. Granted, certain super cheesy melee builds are better at extermination and capture missions, but there is no way that competent Mesa can have worse dmg than melee in any static mission like defence, interception and survival.

9 hours ago, Zherot said:

Really "Balanced", melee not OP at all no...

LOL i even took more damage, so much for "risk", yeah sure, tell that to your mother.

Congratulations, you with 9 hours ingame comparing with a 778h player. What a miracle that experienced and better geared players are more effective than fresh starters.

22 minutes ago, Raven212Cz said:

That's because they are guessing you are new player. (And they are very probably right). 

Your Mesa isn't even max level, did you potatoed her? Do you have primed crit mods on your secondary? Do you use zenurik/energy plates so you can use your 4th ability 24/7?

Complaining about unbalanced melee while you are new to game is unwise because you don't have idea what is possible. Granted, certain super cheesy melee builds are better at extermination and capture missions, but there is no way that competent Mesa can have worse dmg than melee in any static mission like defence, interception and survival.

I bought her so i think she comes with that on her, and no i don't have the best gear possible which wshould be obvious, what im trying to show is that there is really no risk to play a melee characters as some claim, is just really easy to do it and you have way better results for doing that than using guns.

Look, i would believe your claim but like i said before 100% of my experience is that all melee users despite their level will outperfom ANYONE that is not using melee and another thing is that MOST PEOPLE use melee and that in itself is a sign of an imbalance, in fact it is rare to be in a group where you are not the only one shooting and the rest meleeing everything, most people will use the mot OP thing in a game that is just a fact and this game is screaming Melee is OP every single time.

Now it is not only me you know? it is a falacy that you people are using the "you are low level" argument to try to invalidate anything i say because there is many other people in this thread that are not new players and know that what i say is true, you just need to use google and search for "melee is op in warframe" to see that a lot of people see that and they are not "low level" players.

11 minutes ago, pinpinlarpin said:

"My vasto and rank 24 mesa cant get the highest damage because I have good aim, so something must be wrong"

Read the bolded part clown. And yeah i have good aim i should be rewarded for that.

Edited by Zherot

Just now, Zherot said:

snip

stop trying to evade the fact that you are under equipped.

i can google "warframe melee is underpowered" and the same results pop up.

come back later when you get a actual gun and frame, I can outdamage 2 pre-nerf telos boltace with a bloody supra in 1 hour of neo fissure

13 minutes ago, Zherot said:

Now it is not only me you know? it is a falacy that you people are using the "you are low level" argument to try to invalidate anything i say because there is many other people in this thread that are not new players and know that what i say is true, you just need to use google and search for "melee is op in warframe" to see that a lot of people see that and they are not "low level" players.

That holds exatly 0 relevance. You can easily google "The Earth is flat" and get a lot of sites where they state that, but it doesn't make it true. Most of the time, people who are so adamant about this can't see beyond their veiled vision about meta and what is good and what is not so good. 

2 minutes ago, Zherot said:

I bought her so i think she comes with that on her, and no i don't have the best gear possible which wshould be obvious, what im trying to show is that there is really no risk to play a melee characters as some claim, is just really easy to do it and you have way better results for doing that than using guns.

Look, i would believe your claim but like i said before 100% of my experience is that all melee users despite their level will outperfom ANYONE that is not using melee and another thing is that MOST PEOPLE use melee and that in itself is a sign of an imbalance, in fact it is rare to be in a group where you are not the only one shooting and the rest meleeing everything, most people will use the mot OP thing in a game that is just a fact and this game is screaming Melee is OP every single time.

Read the bolded part clown.

Umm, in latest design council mission (Which was only melee with enemy levels around 120) I was using Mesa(which can use her 4th ability in only melee missions) and I ended with more then 50% of team damage.. 

And in my experience relatively few people is using pure melee because it limits you to using very few frames which can survive it in higher level missions (Sorties, trials..etc). Trying to use melee in higher level missions without specialized frame is death sentence and most people isn't that interested in whacking people with sticks. And honestly, high level missions are what matters. Not star chart. 

There is truckload of weapons/abilities which outperform anyone using melee at lower levels (40 and less) by orders of magnitude. For example if you have Ember in your team, you won't even see enemy, much less hit them with your weapon. Ignis/spamulor/sonicor..etc can do same. Most people with more experience in game are using guns or abilities, 

Try to go in third sortie into melee without immortal/invisible warframe, you will die in second.

16 hours ago, Zherot said:

Really "Balanced", melee not OP at all no...

LOL i even took more damage, so much for "risk", yeah sure, tell that to your mother.

When Enhanced Vitality and Spare Parts are new mods for you, how can you come out here and claim that the people outdamaging you are using overpowered setups ?

For Gods sake. Have some restraint.

And what's this fascination with people (especially inexperienced players) trying to prove something by outdamaging each other and then get upset when they "steal their kills". Do we even play the same game ? Isn't this game supposed to be co-op ?

Edited by disco_inferno6

Melee in general is stronger than range damage, yes. And there aren't really any risks if you pick the correct build. If you take Naramon you're invisible and enemies won't even target you. There's also frames with CC which will remove all of the risks of getting into melee range.  Life steal/condition overload/maiming strike/covert lethality. So many ways to overtake range damage with melee. The only thing Melee can't match is massive AOE seen from frames such as Equinox/Nova/Nidus/mesa etc.

17 hours ago, Zherot said:

-snip-

Awesome sample size and details on the other players' specific gear there. Melee includes both things like the Atterax and the Machetes. Good luck labeling all of it overpowered.

Edited by Gorila_Azul