The Second Stream Podcast #13 - Priest Warframe, Chat Filters, Ambulas Event and more, ft. [DE]Pablo!

[DE]Taylor

The Second Stream Podcast - Ep #13  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When it comes to wildlife on earth, I want variety, but not overcrowding. 

So I'd like to see more variations in wildlife, such as large reptiles and honestly arachnids (if this won't be a potential turn-off from anyone ever playing Earth again and possibly sending away new players to never return to this game). Though, as said above, not overcrowding. Grineer should still be the primary threat, and we shouldn't have to deal with the locals every other door we enter. I still want to feel like I'm playing Warframe while on Earth, not just a hunter simulator.

I filled in Other as an extra on the chat filter, but this is mainly because as a Chat Moderator I'll filter out the scam posts. 

The wildlife on earth. Hmmm that sounds interesting and for that reason I wish for everything that fit on the planet as an extra. Great change suggestions guys, bonne chance and keep up the great work! 

:community: :heart:

Aardvark Prime please.

Was hoping this question would be on the poll too but clan scoring - additive or culmative?

Culmative (assuming I've got it right) for me. While additive prevents people from potentially cheesing scores, you still get cheese with it. With the last event once I felt I had reached my peak I stopped playing. I wanted to play more of the level as I liked the objective, but it became necessary to go to obscene lengths and tedium to try and make it worthwhile.

Not only that it allows those who aren't as strong as the rest to contribute opposed to being carried and leaving it at that and/or providing little to the total score. Heck, even somewhat helps random pubbing if people are that way inclined and people who aren't always able to get on and play. I guess both have their positives and negatives, even additive would assist those who aren't able to get on and play so they can play once and leave it at that but jeez, the lengths people had to go to and did go to to get better scores? That isn't exactly a great thing in my eyes and it seems unhealthy.

Edited by Naith
Confusing myself, even now.

1. What do you think you’ll use Chat Filters for?
I won't, I use the warframe market because I don't like sitting in front of an overflooded tchat to sell things.
The market allows me to sell stuff while i'm in mission.

3. What’s your preferred method of acquiring Clan Operation Rewards?

So here it would be okay to suggest token system but not for the sortie reward system ?

4. Who is your least-used Warframe?

Why exactly do you ask us, you have the stats and you know damn well that zephyr is one of the least used frame (if not THE least used) and that she's waiting for a rework since years.

I don't care about the wildlife (they're mostly annoying and non interesting) and i'm (as always) interested about a new frame, but I would prefer fix and balance.

26 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

What other wildlife do you want to see added to the Earth tileset?

Mutated animals from earth, cuddly ones that have turned carnivorous.  Alien life forms previously unknown that could survive environmental conditions of the outer planets (namely Neptune, Europa). 

Plant life that doesn't necessarily look like plant life.  Orokin experiments abandoned on planets after testing (like they only experimented on humanoids? right).

Insects, giant ones, swarms.  

Watched Kong Skull Island yet?  Start with that.

There we go ;)

Looking forward to Harrow! Since his powers focus on headshots, it would be interesting to see how well he does with explosive and beam weapons. Depending on how powerful his abilities become after headshots, snipers could see more use when paired with this frame.

I'm excited for the token system actually. It's nice to get goodies just by doing event missions, but that manifest from Ergo looks like there are lots more options available. It's also great for the lore of the game, with more interactions with the people of the Origin System.

I use Zephyr least, her 1 & 2 are too outdated now that Bullet Jump is a thing, and even melee ground slam does more damage than Dive Bomb. Turbulence is in a pretty good place, while Tornadoes are often too eager to spread far apart with Zephyr unable to direct them toward a key point or draw them back to her vicinity. Hopefully she's on the table for a rework/revisit.

surprisingly my least used frame is nidus, i still to this day think he is well designed and powerful enough for the content, but i just dont like the fact that i have to rework my key bindings to play him in any applicable fashion, i believe he should be more of an exalted from frame so i dot have to remap my keys or spam my 1 key, and i have large fingers  but small hands so i find thinks very annoying.

as for the new animals to the earth tiles set, you have a few high order predators, now you need low order, something for the predators to eat,and the low order should have behaviors and AI elements so they hunt each other and try to live like animal if we sit invisible and watch

Edited by Darkvramp

"What’s your preferred method of acquiring Clan Operation Rewards?"

anything that doesnt involve replaying the exact same thing a hundred times. need more variation and chainlinked missions that have at least some mild lore to go with it.

Can't wait to filter out "riven".

Harrow definitely sounds interesting. With his powers being at least somewhat tied to headshots, it'll be interesting to see where the skill ceiling is at. Still waiting to see what he can actually do though.

The Token System sounds good, but I (and a lot of other players) will wanna get everything. So how much I like the system will depend a lot on how grindy it is. I've been fine with Mission Rewards so far, but they sometimes have the opposite problem of feeling a bit too short lived. Once you complete every mission, why continue to participate? I assume Tier Rewards mostly refers to what we had the Pacifism Defect. In which case, I'm not really a fan, but I don't think it's a bad system. I'm a bit biased because I'm the only active member of my clan. I doubt very many solo clans managed to get any higher than the Participation Tier. But for clans that are actually active and competitive, it seems like a great system.

Despite getting everyone to max rank (except Excalibur Prime), I have quite a few warframes (and their primes, if they have one) at 0% in my profile. Ash, Hydroid, Mag, Nezha, Nidus, Nova, Octavia, Titania, Vauban, Volt, and Wukong. I have no idea which of these is actually my least used warframe.

I'd rather see more wildlife on other planets. But I wouldn't mind space gators popping out of the water to greet us from time to time.

Just to be clear, when you say that you're going to smash the focus system, will players get all their focus points refunded for whatever ends up getting taken out? Or maybe some other sort of compensation? I'm probably just being paranoid, but some players have spent a LOT of time farming focus. I believe some have even maxed out entire focus trees. Just want to make sure that's not all going to waste.

Shield gating sounds neat, but I've yet to see how the size of someone's shield matters. It seems like shield recharge would be far more valuable with shield gating. Unless there's something I'm missing about how this system is supposed to work.

1 hour ago, [DE]Syncrasis said:

I'd love to see some sort of mutated/evolved deer/antelope/moose creatures on Earth!

Regressed Oberon warframes perhaps? Oberon running with regressed Oberon pet?

1) recruiting and trade chat should should have filters. maybe have them auto enabled in dojos and relay when/if they start picking up activity for some reason

2) I can't really be excited for a frame they doesn't even have a chance of replacing the more meta frames. The last frame to actually do this was equinox and thats being extremely generous coming from my perspective.

3) the last event reward system was flawed when I noticed if you were in a semi inactive clan who only come back to play around massive updates, people were either force them to get online outside of the game to at least attempt the even OR go for endurance and make up for every point offline players couldn't score. A 500 member clan with an average of only 10 people on at a time and still managed to make it in the top 10% is a feat on it's own

4) zephyr. I even use oberon for conclave and used atlas for JV strat which isn't in the game anymore.

5)everything. I want to see variety of animals.  It is the ONLY planet in the star system that looks like it's full of life (not including scannable plants, desert stingrays and a hand full of underwater creatures from like 3 different plant one just being a rock with jets on it.)

Edited by Wevi