The Second Stream Podcast #13 - Priest Warframe, Chat Filters, Ambulas Event and more, ft. [DE]Pablo!

[DE]Taylor

The Second Stream Podcast - Ep #13  

450 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really enjoyed the format for this Podcast! Definitely up there for being a favourite thus far (:

Anyways, on to one of the questions / discussions!

4. Who is your least-used Warframe?

My least used? That's a split tie with Loki, Ash, Atlas, and Rhino. I'll probably say Rhino for arguments' sake.

As far as Zephyr is concerned, since I am what one would concider a "Zephyr-player" (she is my most used after all) and I have at least put in more than enough time with her and not like some others who likely only played her once over 2 years ago, I can say taking a look at her would always be welcomed, though not necessary as I think there are other Warframes who need it much more i.e. Hydroid, Mirage, and Chroma to some extent, just to name a few.

At the same time, players overall have a certain preconceived notion about Zephyr that more experienced players as well as myself have pointed out through the years. What I mean by that is when I hear players talk about how "broken" she is, it's often misinformed or based on outdated information from an Update a long time ago. There is of course some validity to it, just no where near to an extreme as others claim.

To name a few examples, one is her entire kit as a whole. It revolves around the idea of enhanced mobility. That in it's nature is more cases than not, much more passive than an active one. Her 1, 2, and 3rd ability all do not give you the kind of feeling you get in a traditional sense like other Warframes where they do some kind of reaction to enemies, either by damage, crowd control, and so on. Because of that, I've been in conversations with players where they explain to me their thoughts and feelings on Zephyr, and a common theme I've noticed, is that lack of "punch", since again they mostly don't affect enemies directly or even the objective of a mission the same way as more active-damaging abilities can do. And with that, regardless of re-looking into her, it would be near impossible to change that kind of perspective, so I don't expect that to ever be the case and that's okay.

Now with the more experienced players, those who have given her the time of day and not play her for a measly 2 hours over a weekend; most I've spoken to or seen on the forums have some shared valid criticisms, mostly regarding her 2nd ability Divebomb. Regardless how I feel about it, I think it's safe to say that if they ever re-look into Zephyr, that they should mainly address the functionality of Divebomb.
I don't think it should go away for something else however, as I'm more in the belief that it should be tweaked and give it another purpose beside from knocking nearby enemies over.

Lastly, for the vocal minority with the misconception about her "outdated" 1st ability, feel free to read up on her before making that claim, or at least give some evidence behind it so I and others can understand where you're coming from. Much of the information is outdated nowadays, but there are still plenty of information worth reading and understanding on:

The only real info relevant to the conversation I want to address is this particular line:

Use Tail Wind in conjunction with Parkour 2.0. If Parkour 2.0 can get you somewhere as any frame, then Zephyr is 100% guaranteed to be able to get there faster. This is because Tail Wind does not count as a parkour move. Zephyr can use bullet jumping, double jumping, and aim gliding, and still have Tail Wind to use. This is enhanced even more by Zephyr’s lower gravity, making all parkour moves send her further than any other frame can go. I almost always bullet jump in the direction I want to go before hitting Tail Wind[....]

And this is not even to mention that Tailwind objectively takes you further than Bullet could ever do. So put two and two together, and there isn't one Warframe that can achieve that, the closest being Titania if you use an elemental jump mod, but even then it doesn't come close to the Bullet Jump+Tailwind combo.

But that's all I have to say about it lol.

Anyways, can't wait for the next Podcast!

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

responding to #5

cant believe no one has thought of birds yet!!

you have land and sea creatures already in the game, but not air-themed?

tell you what, hit two birds with one stone and make a reptile-themed winged creature.

in fact, i dont think there are any bird type creatures in the entire game.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)L-B-H-100 said:

responding to #5

cant believe no one has thought of birds yet!!

you have land and sea creatures already in the game, but not air-themed?

tell you what, hit two birds with one stone and make a reptile-themed winged creature.

in fact, i dont think there are any bird type creatures in the entire game.

Um, they have. There is a bird already coming, and the concept was from way back in Devstream 20. Go check the overview. 

Pablo Alonso - Rebecca, bamboozled again. :o

Chat filters - Trade (highlight & ignore) and recruit (highlight).
If filters are by-channel, might use them as a '/ignore'-light, a way to not see someone spamming trade without ignoring them everywhere.
Until we get customizable ignores or personal notes in the friend/ignore UI.

Oberon's value -
Not sure whether you're talking about availability or market cost, but I'll remind you that Rhino's the first frame a player can access after their starter (and sooner than Oberon), and Rhino is amazing, and seen as it.
And players counting Oberon parts, it's just an indication of veterancy, like having millions of salvage, nano spores, etc.

-----

1. What do you think you’ll use Chat Filters for?

> Trade
> Recruit

2. With more of Harrow’s theme revealed, how excited are you to test out his kit?

More 'interested' than 'excited' (Reactive proc-clearing against slash/toxin procs on a very low health frame doesn't sound very... survivable).
Closest answer is
> Somewhat excited

3. What’s your preferred method of acquiring Clan Operation Rewards?

Tier rewards are just <sum of # mission> rewards.
Are the same, but offer the player flexibility - which rewards to get / get first / pass on for others.

> Token rewards.
(Also, and this is a 'so you know I want this' statement, not a 'please do this' statement - I still want a token system for sorties.
Barring that, I want concrete answers (yes, no, maybe later but not in the forseeable future) more often to questions about the game's vision/design/direction.)

> Atlas
As little as I use Oberon, I use Atlas less.
I've probably picked Atlas 3 times since maxing him.
Zephyr at least has the 'gunship' high strength detonates on contact Tonkor Jet Stream funbuild which I occasionally take for a spin.

5. What other wildlife do you want to see added to the Earth tileset?

> No opinion

liiiiiiizzzaard I'd kill to have a reptilian pet

also I think zephyr is probably the frame in most desperate need of a rework, she only has one useful power, the others are just a longer bullet jump, with energy, what equates to a melee ground slam, with energy, and an ability that everyone hates cause it throws up parasitic eximi in the air where they are hard to see and shoot. And a passive that makes her annoying to use with the current movement system

as for Harrow I really would like more information about his powers besides his theme and name please

Just a note on the 'Shield Gate' idea: I think it would be good to design it in a way that incentivizes the of mods like Redirection, at least on warframes with high base shields.

A blunt approach would be to not let shields drop by >x amount from a single attack, with a final hard gate at 0. The idea would be to make sure that x isn't an amount that most frames could get more than one additional gate from, so I dunno, just spit balling, 400 or 500, say. Maybe really high shield frames could get 2, plus the failsafe at 0. Overshields shouldn't, I don't think, be included in this system.

Something like that, though I'm sure you guys could think of something better, might help to make shields more relevant.

Not excited at all about the new frame, dislike his concept as a priest and his theme doesn't make any sense. Over all I wont use him ex for mr ranking up and nothing else and he will be the first frame I sell since I don't even want to own him after that. 

I only lvled up atlas and Oberon once for MR points and never touched them again but Zephyr has become my #1 favorite frame and anyone who doesn't like her is due to them sucking at using her or just want damage. Zephyr is one of the best frames and has the greatest mobility out of them, though again most just suck at using her correctly. 

New creature on earth would be badass if it was a type of komodo dragon that poison us if we're bitten by it and could get tail swiped. 

komodo-prey.jpg.838x0_q80.jpg

972fac0385-komodo-dragons.jpg

Aardvarks! Always more aardvarks!

But seriously the only reward setup for clans that I haven't really liked so far has been the one where clans have to hit a certain percentile rank to receive a given reward. This is mostly because it's hard to get an idea of the number of clans participating and where you stand in the overall scheme. I don't know if the last leader boards on the website were going by how many clans were participating in the event, or total number of clans overall, but I think the in game rankings were giving numbers based on how many clans existed while the web page was counting by participation. It would be easier if these two lists corresponded better, or at least were more obvious in stating total numbers instead of just the given percentile or number ranking if this kind of scoring were to happen again.

Personally, though, I just don't like clans having to compete against each other. I know that that's a personal opinion of mine and doesn't reflect how many other people like or dislike it, but it's an opinion based around how our clan is run. Cooperative rewards that allow even the newest players to participate and be rewarded equally to the highest skilled members in the clan motivate well. We're based on teaching, so in that regard most of our veterans are highly outnumbered by beginners. For those beginners and the competitive vets among us, cooperative goals feel far more achievable and rewarding than ones that pit us directly against clans that recruit exclusively for skill or ranking. I won't whine about "fair", we have an equal choice to recruit as they do, but it does lead to some disappointment that cooperative goals don't engender as harshly. Due to that, direct competition doesn't sit as well with me, because myself and others see the odds stacked harder against us than might otherwise be suggested by our member count. That said, I wouldn't protest more percentile based rewards as long as they're handled well, it's just a hard line to walk and isn't the most enjoyable route for me.

2. With more of Harrow’s theme revealed, how excited are you to test out his kit?

I see it when it's actualy in the game. Which means beating the quest (which will hopefully be entertaining). Learning or figuring out where all parts drop and what resources are needed for it. Grinding the parts (and perhaps Argon needed for it). Waiting 4 days to forge it. Then level it to 30 to see the full effect of the abilities.

Once that is done i can see how well he holds up.

3. What’s your preferred method of acquiring Clan Operation Rewards?

I still don't like that Clan Operations is now apperently the name for what used to be community events. Since it makes it sound like non-clanners are just tollerated but not part of the target audience for these things.

As for the reward system.

A token system sounds like the most fair one, being allowed to skip less desirable rewards in favor of those you want asap. Which then leaves you free to more casualy aim for the rest.

However it has the potential of feeling much more grindy, since instead of getting a set of rewards at certain points in progression, you would need to aim for every reward individualy with your points.

We will see how well the first test of such a system works in the next ... clan operation.

I actualy didn't use either of these three for ages. I would say Oberon. Didn't like the design, the powers didn't impress me (performance and theme wise).

5. What other wildlife do you want to see added to the Earth tileset?

Deer/stags or hogs. To add some forrest fitting herbivorous which are large enough to be noticable and to potentialy give players or enemies trouble for hitting them. Not to forget hinting a food chain that the Kubrows might live from.

However given that the whole forrest is a geneticaly engineered mess, created by a society which loved to play pinball with genetics, i think we should also have something familiar yet weird.

Like a giant land octupus roaming in the backround or having disguised themself as trees. Owl like creatures who's wings double as claws (like certain feathered dinosaurs) and who hang upside down from trees following your movement with their eyes (their heads even turning 180° to do so) which glow. Or legless lizard which burrow underground and act as living spike traps before comming out and shooting a freezing liquid at you.

That would give some players a WTH moment, while also being not entirely outlandish if you know about the Orokin.

I didn't hear anything new about Harrow's abilities, I'm excited anyway.

My least used frame is Atlas because I either didn't get the quest reward or accidentally sold it. After that it's Zephyr.

2. Least Played Warframe: Vauban, of the ones I've built. Oberon is my most played, and generally one of my favorites.

5: What other wildlife would you like to see? What happens when the Orokin decide to throw spiders, lizards, and deer into their genetic blender? Whatever the result is, that's it.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

Oberon being SO easily obtainable absolutely affected the perception of his worth for the community.

I have said multiple times that Oberon should get a quest line on Earth that you get at a certain mastery rank. 
Many other previous frames should get quests centered on the different planets. 

Q3. Ask preference when token system has yet to be experienced... Sigh, resistng rant. But word choice has got me writing in notebook instead of playing game. 

If there is going to be 'Clan Operation' the reward should be tied to clan participation. PD teir system and Hema are only good thing to happen to clans in over a year. YES, GOOD THING. If its just an Tac Alert, selfish reward systems are fine... Encouraged, even. But using words that mean plural should tie major rewards to effort of more than one. 

PD paticipation score was too high but was overly corrected for 'Clan of One' that should not even be allowed. There are plenty of games for this Jeremiah Johnson mind set.

Lore wise going along with 'Space Mom' line of thinking. Clan are a familial unit that grow into tribes in a galaxy that is trying to erase our existance. Tribes coexist with other tribes some becoming competitive. Any cumulative system would lean towards players that have more than couple of hours per week to play.

Depending on words you are using.